Loudwater

Loudwater

Sunday, 31 January 2021

FA1 4/8/1359 - Fall of Eldred, Fall of the Mountain Door (590 XP)

 


Simon N. (GM):GM: OK end of last session, Ulfe (who reminds Matt of a certain pub landlord) & his wolf Thrag broke into the room with the escaped captives; can carnage be averted?
Erasmus:o_O
Simon N. (GM):Geoff said he couldn't make this session so I'll NPC Norrin
Muiz:Strohm to the rescue...........hopefully
Qiviel:brb -
Kenny - Syrus:Hello Everyone! Happy that I can stay for the whole session tonight :)
Simon N. (GM)::)
Chris T.:yay!
Erasmus:Oh. I had hopes of blasting out a few more of your spell slots!!
Simon N. (GM):#19 Jack
Chris T.:I can pass through friends without penalty to movement?
Simon N. (GM):yup, house rule/4e rule
the orcs will let you pass
Chris T.:He dashes towards the gate, intent on getting the baddies in the back next time.
Done
Simon N. (GM):was that 60'?
Chris T.:yes, probably a bit less
Simon N. (GM):lot less I'd say
40' I count
ok 50'
#16 Tim
Erasmus :)
Erasmus:Erasmus runs through the tunnel after Jyrdani to make sure she’s safe. As he makes it to the main chamber, he looks around in the dim light, frantically hoping for some sign of her.
“Shit. Where did she go?” he mutters to himself.
Unable to see her to the east, and assuming she hasn’t hidden behind any of the trash piles as that would go against all experience of her methods, he dashes north hoping to catch up with the rash barbarian.
Simon N. (GM):You hear her yelling
"Found her!"
Erasmus:With a glance to the east, he recognises the outline of her form and begins to rush toward her. “JYRDANI!” he yells as he approaches.
As her fiery-haired head begins to turn, Erasmus realises what he is doing and slows his pace to, what he hopes and believes at least to be, a more casual pace.
“Er… Sorry for, erm, shouting. I wasn’t expecting to, um, see you here. Sorry. What’s up? Where are we headed?” he says in as nonplussed a manner as he can muster.
Simon N. (GM):Lantern light spills from Great Ulfe's chamber
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Our mission, remember?"
Erasmus:"The mission. Yeah, of course. Ahem."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:grins and points at the blonde woman lying bound on Ulfe's bed.
Orc:"Bosses sez bring 'er."
Erasmus:Erasmus looks bashful for the first time in many years.
Orc:#15 Eldred
Eldred :I found a sack of coins in the ogres...hey where is everyone? shrugs searches the ettin and other corpses
Kenny - Syrus:(Syrus would be so happy to see this if he was there)
Eldred :(end)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d6
(
1
+
1
)
=
2
2 sp on the dead orc :)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Miss Mercellin I presume?" removes gag
Simon N. (GM):Sumata coughs. "Get me out of here!"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"We're working on it." helps Sumata up
Tenho Isotalo:"Ah! Ahhh!" Disengage
open secret door
sees Qiviel as he rounds the corner "Help!"
#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q nods and charges forward
Erasmus:OOC Can we have the music on, please?
Ta!
Qiviel:She'll attack any enemy that gets into range
Tenho Isotalo:Ready
Simon N. (GM):Beverly screams and Dodges
Norrin (Geoff):hears worrying cries heads in Babs' direction
#8 Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Great Ulfe the orcs are revolting killing one of your wives while another runs away deeper the to the tunnel, the orcs are also going to claim your favourite captive go Great Ulfe leave this room and deal with the orcs and save your wife and captive"
Simon N. (GM):In what language?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):common
Simon N. (GM):DC 25 Persuasion or Deception
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
22
PERSUASION (2)
Simon N. (GM):nice try :)
Chris T.:goodeffort!
Erasmus:Nat 20 fail!!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):waste of a fgood nat 20
can i still fire bolt him in the face?
Great Ulfe, Ogre:looks concerned "Bloody Orcs! I'll deal with them later, Elf boy!"
Simon N. (GM):Thrag (who can occupy a 5x10 space w/out penalty) sees Qiviel and lunges.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"negotiation fails then" cast fire bolt
Simon N. (GM):readied attack Q
ok I'll be kind & let Strohm shoot too
at who Strohm?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):sorry and thak you Simon
at Ulfe
10
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+4)
9Fire
Qiviel:
13
 
 
20
Longsword (+5)
2Dueling Style
10Slashing
Simon N. (GM):ok cover from Q, AC 16 > miss
Thrag AC 14, Q misses too.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn and double damn for Qiviel miss
Simon N. (GM):
Bite
Dire Wolf
Attack:7 | 13
Damage: 10 piercing
If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
Q fends Thrag off. He falls back (since Q used her Reaction no opp att)
Barbara D'Ashe:"Aieee..." runs past Q
"Norrin!"
Norrin (Geoff):"Barbara!"
#5 Rufus follows Babs
#5 Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:1) Syrus addresses all the Orcs near him - “Orc friends! It’s suspiciously quiet down to the East, quickly come with me and look for your enemies and reclaim this place for your honour!!”
Norrin (Geoff):what language?
Kenny - Syrus:In Common, please!
2) Syrus moves to here, and points all the Orcs and Olog to the East tunnel (signalling they should go ahead) “COME QUICK!!!”
End turn
Simon N. (GM):OK DC 15 Persuasion
Kenny - Syrus:
10
Persuasion(+5)
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
Waaah!!!
Simon N. (GM):Syrus gets the impression Burdurg & the Orcs would be quite happy for the adventurers to finish off Ulfe.
Yarrack: "Bring the woman!"
#4 Malied
Malied:seeing as the melee seem to have the south covers, I'll head in Jack's direction, double time
crate difficult terrain?
Simon N. (GM):(yup) Geradile shrieks in terror, Dodges
Malied:end turn
Great Ulfe, Ogre:regards Qiviel "Time to die."
Qiviel:She narrows her eyes in response and hefts her shield with a snarl
"You first."
Great Ulfe, Ogre:The great axe-maul swings...
rolling d20+7
(
12
)
+7
=
19
AC 22?
Qiviel:correct 22
Great Ulfe, Ogre:Ulfe looks surprised as her shield takes the blow albeit w a large dent. He swings for her head...
rolling d20+7
(
8
)
+7
=
15
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice Qiviel
Chris T.:yay
Qiviel:She braces herself
Great Ulfe, Ogre:deflects off her helm, tearing a chunk from the wall.
"Nice armour. Gonna roast you in it."
Qiviel:"How are you going to do that when I've beaten you into a paste?"
Great Ulfe, Ogre:Burdurg: "Now is OUR moment!"
Simon N. (GM):#19 Jack
Chris T.:Jack dashes another 60'
Done
Simon N. (GM):#16 Erasmus
Chris T.:(In darkness there?)
Simon N. (GM):dim light from the fire to south
Chris T.:cool
Erasmus:Erasmus looks at Yarrack "We've got the girl - Go and help the others"
Simon N. (GM):DC 15 Persuasion Erasmus
Erasmus:He then enters the chamber after Jyrdani
15
Persuasion(+0)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM)::)
Yarrack nods. "Keep her alive. Ulfe's fond of the bitch."
Erasmus:"We intend too."
Eldred :(persuasive dice)
Erasmus:*He moves close to support Summata."
"Madam." nods
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack yells to the Orcs in Orc: "Men! Break down that door!"
Summata: "cough My brother sent you?"
Orc:glowers at Summata "Shaddup."
Erasmus:"Aye." Erasmus makes the assumption based on what he knows from Tenho.
Simon N. (GM):Have inspiration Erasmus for your insight into Tenho :)
Erasmus:OOC Sweet! Thanks!
Simon N. (GM):OOC: You can take Sumata with you 30' as an action
#15 Eldred
Eldred :puts sack of silver down, looks at the three tunnels east eenie meenie miney mo
(end)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"This way, ma'am"
Tenho Isotalo:feeling braver now, Tenho reloads his light x-bow and moves back for a shot at Ulfe
rolling d20+4
(
2
)
+4
=
6
sigh
"Not my day..."
#14 Qiviel
Qiviel:Q intends to follow through on her promise
21
 
 
9
Longsword (+5)
2Dueling Style
6Slashing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Tenho Isotalo:hit for 8?
Qiviel:yes
Eldred :(matt is clapping)
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"Tis but a scratch"
Qiviel:"Death by a thousand paper cuts if that's what it will take. We'll see who folds first."
Great Ulfe, Ogre:
rolling 2d20
(
2
+
9
)
=
11
Simon N. (GM):(door resists axe blows - AC 15)
Norrin (Geoff):"Beverly!"
Barbara D'Ashe:"Norrin!"
#8 Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):can i move into the grean?
Barbara D'Ashe:yup
Erasmus:OOC That's awkward!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Swing the great sword onto the wolf
21
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+6)
9Slashing
Simon N. (GM):If Strohm dies for poontang, it's what he would have wanted! >:)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yup
Simon N. (GM):Thrag stagger under the powerful blow.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):its on the wolf
Simon N. (GM):yup
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):okay
Simon N. (GM):wolf is Thrag
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cool
Simon N. (GM):Thrag attacks Strohm, advtg for pack tactics
Bite
Dire Wolf
Attack:25 | 9
Damage: 8 + 2 piercing
If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn really
fujck
Eldred :(shudder)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):im down
Barbara D'Ashe:embraces Norrin kisses
Rufus: "ew!"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc if Strohm is alive after he will spend all his gold to healing scrolls and potions from Syrus
Barbara D'Ashe:Rufus to Eldred: "Hello there, mister!"
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Eldred :Hi son
Kenny - Syrus:1) Syrus uses full movement to here
Simon N. (GM):Rufus: "I don't think you're my daddy" considers
Eldred :How long have you been a captive son?
Kenny - Syrus:2) See large Ulfe through the secret door, points his finger at it and shouts v loudly!!
3) “OI YOU!!! …What do you call an average looking ogre?
4) “….Mediogre!!” and casts *Vicious Mockery” at Ulfe
Simon N. (GM):Rufus: "I was a drover with the Mercellins - captured with Miss Mercellin, bout two weeks back. They ate everyone else."
Qiviel:(lol)
Kenny - Syrus:
DC14
Wisdom Save
Components: V
1Psychic Damage
60ft.
Vicious Mockery
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
Eldred :(standing applause Syrus)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc i chuclke on that
Kenny - Syrus:;)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20
(
11
)
=
11
Kenny - Syrus:DC14 WIS save fingers crossed
Erasmus:OOC I think we all take 1 psychic damage for that!!
Simon N. (GM):Ulfe fails Wis save so disad next attack
Kenny - Syrus:YES!!! Disadvantage on his next attack
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Qiviel:"Strohm is down, shout up some help," Q calls back."
Kenny - Syrus:BONUS action
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack: "Stand back! Lemme at that door!"
Eldred :Rufus, stick close kiddo, I'll get us out of here.
Kenny - Syrus:On hearing what Q said, Syrus will cast Healing Word to Strohm
Components: V
5Healing
60ft.
Healing Word
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
(Soz bad roll)
Simon N. (GM):Rufus nods looking at Eldred w big trusting puppy dog eyes.
Kenny - Syrus:@STROHM - you are back on 5 hp ;)
Simon N. (GM):hm ok will allow
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"i can breath I CAN FIGHT"
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:Move up 30 feet and fire bolt the wolf up it's ass
Eldred :Eldred ruffles Rufus hair, wondering how in earth they are going to survive
Malied:
rolling 1d20+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
boo
Simon N. (GM):miss
Malied:end turn
Simon N. (GM):Geradile cowers/dodges
d6, on 1-3 Ulfe uses Punt on Strohm
rolling d6
(
6
)
=
6
No, regular attack
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"Stay. Down."
rolling d20+7
(
7
)
+7
=
14
miss, distracted by terrible joke
2nd attack
rolling 2d20
(
3
+
17
)
=
20
24, hit
Great Ulfe, Ogre:
rolling 4d6+5
(
4
+
2
+
6
+
1
)
+5
=
18
Chris T.:ouch
Great Ulfe, Ogre:18 dmg
Erasmus:Shouldn't that have been at disadvantage?
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"Patta cake patta cake..."
no
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):on the first attack i believve
Great Ulfe, Ogre:FIRST attack yup
brb
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):honestly its incredible i think this is Strohm second or third time going down
on thiis one encounter
Eldred :(I'm calling you Rocky from now on)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc lol nice
Simon N. (GM):back
#Jack
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go jack give them hell
Chris T.:Jack moves 30', to within his 5' reach of the wolf's ass and stabs it.
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"Thrag, kill that elf..."
Chris T.:adv for rear?
Great Ulfe, Ogre:no
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+7
(
2
)
+7
=
9
done
Great Ulfe, Ogre:Thrag turns, snarling.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
Simon N. (GM):(keeping Thrag off Strohm still worthwhile)
Chris T.:yup
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh thank goodness
Erasmus:Passing Jyrdani and Summata on the stairs, Erasmus says to Jyrdani “Keep her safe, I’m going to check on the others.”
As he gets into the corridor, he sees the orcs trying to break down the door ahead.
“What are you all doing? Help the others! Burdurg, this way!” he calls as he beckons them to follow into the main chamber.
(Done)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:blows unseen kiss after Erasmus
Kenny - Syrus:(Why is Syrus not seeing this!!!)
Erasmus:Erasmus is oblivious.
Simon N. (GM):Burdurg: "We gonna kill the younglings first!" grins
Erasmus:"Come back for them. They're not going anywhere."
Simon N. (GM):roll Persuasion DC 12
Erasmus:
6
Persuasion(+0)
Erasmus Bos
1

Persuasion: check
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):the orcs just laugh
#Erasmus
#Eldred soz :)
Erasmus:#TheMonkWillRememberThat
Eldred :Rufus, the coast is clear for now, let's make a run for it. Eldred dashes across downtown krundrkar
Come on kid
(end)
Tenho Isotalo:shoots
rolling d20+4
(
14
)
+4
=
18
hit!
rolling d8+2d6+2
(
2
)
+
(
1
+
6
)
+2
=
11
"Ha!"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thats a damn good crossbow
Great Ulfe, Ogre:scowls as he begins to realise the odds are turning against him.
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lets go Qiviel
Qiviel:
18
 
 
22
Longsword (+5)
2Dueling Style
5Slashing
9
Radiant
And a divine smite to that.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Whooo go Qiviel
Simon N. (GM):stabs Ulfe a bit then blasts him w radiance :)
16 dmg?
Qiviel:yes
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"Agh!"
Erasmus:Yeah you did!! Go Paladin!!
Qiviel:"I am the one you will face here," she snarls. "So face me."
Chris T.:nice
Great Ulfe, Ogre:
rolling 2d20
(
18
+
18
)
=
36
rolling 2d12+6
(
5
+
3
)
+6
=
14
door on 13 hp
Simon N. (GM):Strohm roll death save
Chris T.:goodluck
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
3
DEATH SAVE (0)
fuck
Eldred :(Comon' Rocko)
Simon N. (GM):Thrag READY ACTION
to bite Jack
Rufus: "I'm coming!"
Qiviel:(Can anyone get him up? Or hold off Ulfe so I can lay on hands?)
Eldred :thats it son, quick now
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:1) Syrus moves up a little bit
2) Points his finger again and shouts v loudly again at Uilfe…
3) “OI I AM NOT DONE - My wife said she'd divorce me if I kept making Shrek puns...
4) “….I told her to get Ogre it!!” and casts *Vicious Mockery” again at Ulfe
Chris T.::)
Simon N. (GM):groan
rolling d20
(
9
)
=
9
Kenny - Syrus:
DC14
Wisdom Save
Components: V
1Psychic Damage
60ft.
Vicious Mockery
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
Eldred :lol
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lol
Simon N. (GM):Syrus can have Inspiration for the terrible punning
Kenny - Syrus:YASS! Disad again on his next attack! ;)
Erasmus:OOC Ok, that one was quite good!!
Kenny - Syrus:Thanks for DM inspo! :)))
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:22 | 17
Damage: 5 slashing
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:12 | 24
Damage: 15 slashing
door on 8 hp
Eldred :Chop Chop Chop here's Yarrick :-D
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):James?
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:yarp?
@Bad Doggy!"
firebolt again
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):your turn bud
Malied:
rolling 1d20+5
(
17
)
+5
=
22
Simon N. (GM):hit
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice
Chris T.:yay
Malied:
rolling 1d10
(
8
)
=
8
Eldred :nice shootin
Simon N. (GM):Aww, poor doggy had 8 hp
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):dies before can bite Jack
Malied:ooc danc1!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):fuck that doggy had a lot of HP
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):SURVIVE TWO SESSIONS
Malied:move south
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"Damn."
Malied:end turn
Great Ulfe, Ogre:Geradile: "Help! Help!" sees female orc "Help!"
Chris T.:"She's on our side!"
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d20
(
18
+
13
)
=
31
rolling 2d12+6
(
6
+
1
)
+6
=
13
The door collapses
ogre readied attacks...
rolling 2d20
(
5
+
13
)
=
18
Simon N. (GM):1 baby ogre hit
rolling d8+2
(
6
)
+2
=
8
gonna have to reload
an orc readies longbow
Great Ulfe, Ogre:"You kill my doggy, I kill your elf."
rolling d20+7
(
1
)
+7
=
8
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh goddamnit
Great Ulfe, Ogre:or not
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):phew
Great Ulfe, Ogre:opp att Qiviel
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):come on Qiviel
Qiviel:
14
 
 
15
Longsword (+5)
2Dueling Style
6Slashing
Great Ulfe, Ogre:hit
Qiviel:worth the last divine smite?
Chris T.:gotta beworth atry?
Kenny - Syrus:YES!
Malied:yea:
Qiviel:
9
Radiant
ah, only 9 dmg, so 17 total.
Great Ulfe, Ogre:Ulfe grimaces from the pain
He swings down at Jack
rolling d20+7
(
1
)
+7
=
8
:(
poor Ulfe :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):RNJesus is with us XD
Great Ulfe, Ogre:2 1s in a row!
Burdurg: "Great One Eye! Smite the Ogres!"
Spiritual Weapon (Spear)
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Attack:6 | 15
Damage: 9 force
The orc, as a bonus action, creates a floating, spectral weapon within 60 feet that lasts for one minute or until the orc casts this spell again. When the orc casts the spell, it can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. As a bonus action on the orc's turn, it can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
miss
also blesses Yarrack & 2 orcs
Great Ulfe, Ogre:
rolling 2d8+4
(
4
+
6
)
+4
=
14
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+4
(
13
)
+4
=
17
rolling d8+2
(
6
)
+2
=
8
#Jack
Chris T.:Jack stabs Ulfe, ready to stab again if he tries to flee.
rolling 1d20+7
(
20
)
+7
=
27
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Jack go
Chris T.::)
Simon N. (GM)::)
Malied:nice
Chris T.:
rolling 2d8+5
(
2
+
7
)
+5
=
14
done
Simon N. (GM):Ulfe gasps in pain from the deep wound. "GRAAH!"
#Erasmus
Malied:brb
Erasmus:"Burdurg, If Ulfe kills any of my friends, we will not hesitate to end you all."
Erasmus's tenuous trust has been tested. He moves cautiously now, not letting Jyrdani and Summata fall behind.
Simon N. (GM):Burdurg looks a bit sheepish.
Erasmus:"Come."
"Can I get Summata to follow?
Simon N. (GM):yup up to 30' as your action
I just put her token under your control
same for Rufus w Eldred but Rufus can go full speed/60'
Sumata is still tied up
Erasmus:*Erasmus stays between Summata and the orcs.
OOC Oh. I thought Jyrdani had released her.
Simon N. (GM):just ungagged her
Malied:back
Simon N. (GM):was trying not to annoy the orcs
Erasmus:Ah. Will bear that in mind.
Simon N. (GM):#Eldred
brb
Eldred :Inspired by Erasmus dungeon parkour Eldred nocks an arrow while running then slides the last few feet out of the passage on his knees and shoots at Ulfe
Simon N. (GM):back
Eldred :
14
150/600
Longbow (+4)
7Piercing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Eldred
Simon N. (GM):Ulfe is hit & teeters on the edge of the abyss.
Eldred :Take that you son of a bitch!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:glares at orcs
Tenho Isotalo:dashes up & attempts mouth to mouth on Strohm
rolling d20+1
(
9
)
+1
=
10
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh fuck
Tenho Isotalo:success on medicine check (just) Strohm stabilises
Chris T.:yay
Erasmus:(Stohm getting it whichever way!)
Eldred :(lol)
Tenho Isotalo:#Qiviel
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"ugh is that you Bronda a bit harrirer than ususal" Strohm Groans
Erasmus:Hahaha
Qiviel:Q lays hands on Strohm for 5hp and then heads after Ulfe, calling out, "I said that it was I you should face."
Simon N. (GM):(think Q just missed her chance to finish Ulfe)
Strohm wakes up on 5
Qiviel:(didn't want to risk Strohm getting killed from something else unexpected and we have enough allies around, I hope)
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:13 | 10
Damage: 15 slashing
Eldred :(good choice)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+4
(
18
)
+4
=
22
rolling d8+2
(
5
)
+2
=
7
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"argh what happen wheres the other wench?" looking at his surroundings*
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:18 | 15
Damage: 10 slashing
Beverly rushes over to Strohm. "You're injured!"
She helps Strohm to his feet.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"im glad youre alright my lady" standing back ujp again
Norrin (Geoff):smiles grimly
Simon N. (GM):Bev: "I'm so glad you're alright too!"
rolling d20+7
(
19
)
+7
=
26
Chris T.:yay!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice Norrin
Simon N. (GM):While they're chatting, Norrin puts his sword through Ulfe's black heart. The ogre topples off the cliff top and ricochets down the winding stairs to the Glitterhame far below.
Chris T.:Yay!
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!!
Malied:coolio
Eldred :smart move Norrin
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):calling to Geradile "Miss its safe now come here"
Simon N. (GM):GM; Geradile turns back, seeing Ulfe fallen
OOC I've put the Courana sisters' tokens under your control Strohm :)
Qiviel:"Where's everyone else?" Q asks, doing a head count
Simon N. (GM):can move them 60' on your turn
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Glad youre both safe andidont even know both your names"
Chris T.:"They headed north my lady. With the orcs!"
Simon N. (GM):Rufus: "Gee whizz Mister, you got him!"
Eldred :Erasmus and J are on their way shouts eldred
Simon N. (GM):"I'm Beverly, and that's my sister Geradile" smiles warmly
Eldred :nods Stay in cover son says Eldred to Rufus with a wink
Simon N. (GM):Rufus nods to Eldred.
Chris T.:"We need to regroup and strike at the Orcs while we have surprise."
Qiviel:"We should gather back together," Q agrees
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Seeing Strohm is OK and Ulfe probably taken care of, Syrus takes out his weapons and dashes back up the tunnel in search for his pals - ”RAS & JYRDANI, WHERE ARE YOU BOTH??!!”
(With a quick bow to Babs as he passes her… End turn)
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:26 | 17
Damage: 11 + 4 slashing
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:11 | 21
Damage: 8 slashing
Qiviel:(hearing Syrus running away which is the opposite of sticking together, Q sighs to herself)
Chris T.::)
Kenny - Syrus::-P
Malied:ooc "I know gang, Lets Split Up!"
Chris T.:hehe
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Qiviel:"We should head North to regroup," Q suggests
Malied:Double dash back the way I came towartds the voices
end turn
Simon N. (GM):Geradile hugs her noble elven prince close.
Longbow
Orc
Attack:19 | 13
Damage: 2 piercing
Spiritual Weapon (Spear)
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Attack:17 | 4
Damage: 6 force
The orc, as a bonus action, creates a floating, spectral weapon within 60 feet that lasts for one minute or until the orc casts this spell again. When the orc casts the spell, it can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. As a bonus action on the orc's turn, it can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):hugs her back giving her a kiss on her forehead "youre both safe now"
Simon N. (GM):
ogress missed
rolling d20+4
(
9
)
+4
=
13
rolling d20+4
(
3
)
+4
=
7
Geradile: "I feel safe, with you..."
Barbara D'Ashe:"So, Beverly, how are things at the Festhall?"
Beverly scowls at Barbara.
#Jack
Eldred :(meow)
Chris T.:"Norrin, Qiviel, Eldred;with me? Tenho, get the civilians to safety. We have Orcs to kill."
Qiviel:Q nods and prepares to follow
Chris T.:assuming all are game he double moves
Tenho Isotalo:"Yes sir. We'll head for the exit tunnel."
Chris T.:Done
Tenho Isotalo:#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus unbinds Summata’s ankles to free her movement then leads her further into the main chamber away from the orcs. “This way.” he says to her. He then looks over his shoulder and gives Jyrdani a look to say “Follow us, but be on your guard.”
Simon N. (GM):ok after this round Summata can go 60' w you
Erasmus:As he gets out of view of the orcs, he whispers to Summata ”Head to the well and hide there. I have friends here that will protect you.”
Simon N. (GM):#Eldred
Summata nods
(whenever you're ready Matt)
Tenho Isotalo:"This way, ladies"
Beverly to Strohm: "Are you coming too? I'd feel safer with you..."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"yes ill guard the back"
Tenho Isotalo:The Courana girls nod & hurry after Tenho
#Qiviel
Qiviel:double move to follow
Tenho Isotalo:
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:25 | 22
Damage: 5 + 12 slashing
Javelin (Melee)
Orc
Attack:11 | 7
Damage: 6 piercing
Norrin (Geoff):"Come, Barbara"
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):unsummon Excruciator and takes out shield and summon longsword follows the Courana girls at the back
Norrin (Geoff):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus takes full movement and could now see his pals!!
“OI YOU LOVEBIRDS!! You’ve missed all the action!
…But what to do now - are all the Ogres dead? And is that ANOTHER naked lady?!!”
(End Turn)
Sumata Mercellin:blushes
Simon N. (GM)::p
Erasmus:Rolls eyes at Syrus.
Gives Jyrdaani a sideways grin.
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:18 | 7
Damage: 8 slashing
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:24 | 25
Damage: 10 slashing
#Malied
Malied:double move agagin
end turn
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:13 | 10
Damage: 14 slashing
Spiritual Weapon (Spear)
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Attack:20 | 12
Damage: 2 force
The orc, as a bonus action, creates a floating, spectral weapon within 60 feet that lasts for one minute or until the orc casts this spell again. When the orc casts the spell, it can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. As a bonus action on the orc's turn, it can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
Spear (Melee; Two-Handed)
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Attack:21 | 10
Damage: 13 piercing
Burdurg screams happily as he disembowels a baby ogre.
#Jack
Chris T.:"This way!"
Done
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Summata goes to hide by the well, rubbing her wrists.
#Eldred
brb
Erasmus:Erasmus looks around and sees his friends approaching. Takiing that to mean that Ulfe has been dealt with, he waits for them to regroup. He readies his staff in case any of the orcs come near aggressively.
Simon N. (GM):back
Eldred :sorry folks internet kaput
nd steps loot ulfe :-D
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani: "We should work together more often..." winks at Erasmus
Erasmus:"Indeed. We make a good team." smiles back.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Ulfe fell down to the caverns
"Yip!"
Tenho Isotalo:leads his convoy down to the Glitterhame
#Qiviel
Qiviel:continues to follow
Chris T.:"Where's Eldred, Qiviel?"
Tenho Isotalo:
rolling 2d20
(
18
+
14
)
=
32
rolling 2d12+6
(
10
+
1
)
+6
=
17
Qiviel:"Just in the area behind, by the stairs, I just passed him."
Tenho Isotalo:The orcs give a great cheer as the last ogre baby is hacked down.
Eldred :(sorry about that folks)
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm - follows
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Strohm Dash
Kenny - Syrus:OOC we are missing seeing the gruesome action in that room :-P
Simon N. (GM):Rufus: "Gee mister, you had a faraway look for a moment there!"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):bettter to cencor it XD
Eldred :huh
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:On hearing fighting noises ahead, Syrus dashes, throwing glitter confetti over Erasmus and Jydani as he passed them both - “Wait, what’s happening there??”
(End Turn)
Simon N. (GM):GM: I'm going out of combat now unless you attack the orcs
Eldred :Get down the stairs with others Rufus
Simon N. (GM):Rufus nods
Kenny - Syrus:OOC are we killing the remaining Orcs?
Eldred :Loot Ulfe (lol)
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack: "We have won! The Halls of Glory are ours once more!"
Chris T.:I thinkwe should killthe Orcs.They won't remain peaceful if weleave them here.
Malied:loot first I guess?
Chris T.:Kill the buggers first.
Malied:-.-
Chris T.:We can loot when it's safge
Malied:k, everyone get into position then
Eldred :only way for sure
Chris T.:Takethem now while they are off guard
Erasmus:Erasmus steps forward to speak with Yarrack.
Chris T.:Walk up nice and peaceful then...
Eldred :real casual like
Erasmus:"Where does your clan hail from?"
Chris T.:"Welldone! You are free!" In Orcish
Eldred :ma'am tips hat to Malied
Kenny - Syrus:(Syrus hides by the crates and readies an action - shoot an arrow if anyone attacks my allies)
Chris T.:Jack looks at his friends.. "Ready?"
Eldred :nods
Erasmus:"Yarrack. Where do you hail from?"
Malied:this is such a bad idea...
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack: "From the north - we took these lands from the dwarves, centuries ago."
Chris T.:"NOW!"
Simon N. (GM):The surviving orcs are looking v happy when you attack them...
Erasmus:"So not from the Earthspurs?"
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:move up but don't attack
Simon N. (GM):"From Galenas, long time ago..."
#Jack
Malied:end turn
Simon N. (GM):(can count this as 1st battle turn)
Chris T.:Yay! He launches an ambush on the Oruk
Malied:its not an ambush if you attack head on...
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+7
(
2
)
+7
=
9
2nd ambusgh attack
rolling 1d20+7
(
2
)
+7
=
9
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack: "Hmm?"
Chris T.:Done I guess :(
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Ummm go Eramus
Erasmus:"Jack! What are you doing? We had an arrangement!"
Simon N. (GM):(my first time putting a PC (Strohm) away from main group in Roll20!)
Chris T.:Jack looks aghast as Erasmus betrays him
Erasmus:Muttering under his breath "Shit! I guess this is happening." He pops his last potion of healing.
Simon N. (GM):#eldred
Erasmus:
6
Potion of Healing(2d4 + 2)
Erasmus Bos
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc (yeah right now Strohm is in bad shape)
Chris T.:(Is it me or did we agree up thread to kill the Orcs?)
Eldred :marches straight at orcs and shoots
Chris T.:(Maybe I misunderstood?)
Eldred :
13
150/600
Longbow (+4)
8Piercing
16
150/600
Longbow (+4)
3Piercing
Simon N. (GM):which orc?
Eldred :oops sorry cant double tap
Erasmus:(OOC Yeah, but I was trying to talk to them. Oh well.)
Eldred :13 AC DM
Simon N. (GM):if you move to just behind Erasmus Burdurg would not have cover - 13 misses him anyway though
Eldred :ok. duck into cover with remaining move
(end)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:rage
Kenny - Syrus:YASSSSS!!!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:reckless
rolling 2d20
(
1
+
15
)
=
16
Eldred :Give em hell Jyrdani
Kenny - Syrus:YASSSS QUEEENNN!!!
Chris T.:Good girl!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:hits Burdurg
rolling d8+6
(
3
)
+6
=
9
concentration save
Constitution
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Ability: 13 | 10
Bless still up
#Qiviel
Erasmus:(Hence why I was trying to talk to them. ;)
Qiviel:Well if we're committed... Q will attack
Malied:not all encounters have to end with combat
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:target?
Qiviel:
17
 
 
12
Longsword (+5)
2Dueling Style
6Slashing
Chris T.:My bad.
Simon N. (GM):I assume orc in front
Qiviel:The one in front, yet
*yes
Simon N. (GM):It goes down!
Chris T.:(We had agreed to attack them though? So half measures get folks killed)
Simon N. (GM):3 attack Q
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:15 | 13
Damage: 10 slashing
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:23 | 19
Damage: 9 slashing
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:11 | 16
Damage: 8 slashing
Qiviel:ac 22
Simon N. (GM):1 hit for 9
#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus Wacks the Orc in front of him with Stabby-Stab (2-weapon fighting)
23
Shortsword, +1 ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
6Piercing Damage
9
Dagger ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
7Piercing Damage
Chris T.:yay
Kenny - Syrus:Then puts his weapon away and takes out a scroll..... End turn
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack snarls and attacks reckless Jyrdani (as she wanted)
(that's 2 object interactions Syrus)
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:23 | 16
Damage: 7 slashing
Kenny - Syrus:OK then just puts away 1x weapon
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:11 | 21
Damage: 6 slashing
6 dmg to Jyrdani
#Malied
Malied:fierbolt on Yarrick
rolling 1d20+5
(
20
)
+5
=
25
rolling 1d10
(
2
)
=
2
Simon N. (GM):critted
Eldred :shot
Simon N. (GM):roll 2nd d10
Malied:
rolling 1d10
(
3
)
=
3
End turn
Eldred :right in the bulls eye
Chris T.:lets hope itbreaks the bless
Kenny - Syrus:NICE!
Simon N. (GM):was on the Orog - Yarrak
Chris T.::(
Simon N. (GM):An orc throws javelin at Jyrd
Javelin (Melee)
Orc
Attack:19 | 21
Damage: 5 piercing
2 dmg
Kenny - Syrus:Waaahhhh!
Simon N. (GM):
Spiritual Weapon (Spear)
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Attack:11 | 5
Damage: 2 force
The orc, as a bonus action, creates a floating, spectral weapon within 60 feet that lasts for one minute or until the orc casts this spell again. When the orc casts the spell, it can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. As a bonus action on the orc's turn, it can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
Spear (Melee; Two-Handed)
Orc Eye of Gruumsh
Attack:13 | 16
Damage: 8 piercing
AC 18, 2 misses
Chris T.:jack strikes at the shaman
Erasmus:It can only move 20'. wasn't it in the room? or did he recast?
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+7
(
14
)
+7
=
21
rolling 1d8+5
(
2
)
+5
=
7
Kenny - Syrus:WHOA! :)
Eldred :take Burdug down Jack
Simon N. (GM):(it was round the corner :p)
Burdurg is taken down.
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!
Chris T.:Phew
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Kenny - Syrus:Unblessed!
:))))
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+1
(
6
)
+1
=
7
Erasmus:Erasmus is a little pissed at his friends for jumping the gun, but it is what it is. He slips passed Jyrdani, looks at Yarrack, shrugs, then lashes out with the staff.
24
Erasmus Bos
6

Darkwood Staff: damage
Erasmus Bos
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice
Chris T.:yay
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):not nice damage tho
Erasmus:Bunus Action: Flurry of Blows
10
Erasmus Bos
20
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
Unarmed Strike
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):1 bounces off 1 hit
#eldred
Eldred :nock arrow stride west shoot
Erasmus:Dex Save please
DC12
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orog
Ability: 4 | 8
Chris T.:Nice!
Erasmus:Yarrack is Porne.
Eldred :
14
150/600
Longbow (+4)
6Piercing
Erasmus:*Prone
Simon N. (GM):Yarack "Oof!"
Eldred :Yarrick is what DM?
on all fours is it?
Simon N. (GM):He's a Great Orc - an Orog.
Eldred :(shootin the sneaky dude btw)
Simon N. (GM):Eldred shoots the sneaky orc
Orc:"Ow!"
Eldred :(end)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:RECKLESS on Yarrack
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus sees Eldred dashes behind him "oh what what?? Ohhh Sneaky Orc!!! Thank You!" smiles
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
rolling 2d20
(
19
+
1
)
=
20
25 hits
Chris T.::)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
rolling d8+6
(
3
)
+6
=
9
#Qiviel
Qiviel:She'll attack the one in front of her
6
 
 
25
Longsword (+5)
2Dueling Style
5 + 5Slashing
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:miss
Erasmus:YARRACK IS PRONE!!!
WHOLE POINT WAS TO GRANT ADVANTAGE
Simon N. (GM):An orc steps up & swings at Syrus
rolling d20+5
(
14
)
+5
=
19
(less shoutin' please) :)
Kenny - Syrus:Hits!
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d12+3
(
5
)
+3
=
8
8
Kenny - Syrus:Ouch!
Erasmus:(Soz caps lock was on!!)
Simon N. (GM):2nd orc at Syrus
(I see) :)
rolling d20+5
(
13
)
+5
=
18
Kenny - Syrus:Hits
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d12+3
(
11
)
+3
=
14
Kenny - Syrus:OUCH!
Simon N. (GM):Syrus on 9
Eldred :Shit Syrus its gettin kind a hot
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:(Hope this works!!)
Syrus moves to behind Jack, takes out a scroll, points his finger at Yarrick and casts Dissonant Whisper (DC14 WIS save)
BONUS: Healing Word on myself!
DC14
Wisdom Save
Components: V
10Psychic Damage
60ft.
Dissonant Whispers
Syrus, Bard of Many Guises
Eldred :hey careful man
Simon N. (GM):moves behind Jack?
Kenny - Syrus:(Soz cannot move to behind Jack)
Simon N. (GM):ok
Kenny - Syrus:(I prep-texted my action)
Simon N. (GM):you cannot cast 2 spells in 1 round
so no healing word
Kenny - Syrus:OK just Dissonant Whisp pls
Simon N. (GM):
Wisdom
Orog
Ability: 20 | 2
Kenny - Syrus:D'Oh!
Simon N. (GM):passes
Eldred :boneheaded orc
Kenny - Syrus:Lucky roll!
Simon N. (GM):5 psychic?
Kenny - Syrus:Yep, just checked!
Simon N. (GM):Prone Yarrack goes for Qiviel's legs to bring her down. Roll either Athletics or Acrobatics Q.
Strength
Orog
Ability: 14 | 18
Need 14+
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lets go Qiviel
Eldred :QQQ!
Simon N. (GM):Qiviel may have gone to bed :)
Malied:sec
Qiviel:Just slow :)
Malied:nvm :P
Simon N. (GM)::)
Qiviel:
9
 
 
20
ATHLETICS (5)
Eldred :good luck Q
Simon N. (GM):Q goes down
Chris T.::(
Eldred :(sorry)
Simon N. (GM):Yarrack then attacks her w no disad
(I have house rule standing provokes opp atts)
Eldred :Ground work
Simon N. (GM):(So Yarrack not just pop back up)
Greataxe
Orog
Attack:9 | 20
Damage: 11 slashing
miss
#Malied
Malied:Target the nearest regular orc with a firebolt
rolling 1d20+5
(
17
)
+5
=
22
rolling 1d10
(
6
)
=
6
Chris T.:yay
Eldred :nice shootin'
Malied:end turn
Simon N. (GM):Orc attacks prone Qiviel
rolling 2d20
(
7
+
12
)
=
19
Chris T.:oa for erasmus?
Erasmus:
8
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):17, bounces off
thx
Erasmus:(nope!)
Simon N. (GM):their line is pretty broken :)
orc charges Eldred
orc charges Eldred
Eldred :grits teeth
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:21 | 12
Damage: 13 slashing
Chris T.:ouch!
Simon N. (GM):ouch
Eldred :down
Kenny - Syrus:REACTION: Cutting words on the attck roll
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
Kenny - Syrus:I mean damage roll on Eldred
rolling d6
(
5
)
=
5
Orc:"IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!"
Eldred :hahahaha
(ORC DID CUTTING WORDS ON ELDRED?)
(now my caps is on)
Orc::)
ok so 8 dmg
Kenny - Syrus:You still alive Eldred?
Eldred :Hanging in there bud
grimaces Eldred
Orc:E on 4/12
Eldred :yup
Orc:#Jack
Chris T.:Jack stabs at the prone, Yarrick
rolling 2d20kh1 +7
(
18
+
10
)
+7
=
25
rolling 1d8+5
(
1
)
+5
=
6
drat
done
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus jams the staff down at Yarrack's throat.
0

Darkwood Staff: to hit
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):pretty bad roll there
Erasmus:Huh? D&D Beyond showed 7&19.
Simon N. (GM):came out as a 0
Erasmus:
rolling 2d20kh1
(
13
+
9
)
=
13
+7
Simon N. (GM):20 hits
Chris T.:yes!
Erasmus:
13

Darkwood Staff: damage
Erasmus Bos
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!
Simon N. (GM):alas poor Yarrack, I knew him well.
Eldred :Good work
Chris T.:Yay!
Eldred :(doh)