Loudwater

Loudwater

Sunday, 23 May 2021

FA1 3/11/1359 Entering the Mistwood Mine (650 XP)

 

Simon N. (GM):Hi all :)
Qiviel:Hi Simon !
Erasmus:Couple of questions before we get started, if I may?
Chris T.:looks like you chaps found some Hill Giants?
Erasmus:1) Would anyone in our party know to harvest anything from the giants?
Erasmus can roll Herbalism skill :)
Erasmus:2) Erasmus heard a noise - can you clarify whether that was inside the collapsed entrance, or around the other side of the hill?
Malied:I've got nature trained if thats any use
Kenny - Syrus:I have proficency with Herbalism! :)
Chris T.:and is Fraerner with them?
Simon N. (GM):Fraener turns up :)
Qiviel:Q has alchemy prof - she would know about harvesting some ingredients.
Chris T.::)
Simon N. (GM):OK Qiviel can roll
Erasmus:I was thinking whether being trained in herbalism might give a character knowledge that perhaps the player wouldn't.
Simon N. (GM):& Syrus
Muiz:damn roll20 is a bit laggy
Simon N. (GM):>>Erasmus heard a noise - can you clarify whether that was inside the collapsed entrance, or around the other side of the hill?<< I don't know what this refers to
Qiviel:
7
 
 
21
Alchemists Tools (3+0+3)
Seriously. A 1.
Simon N. (GM):Q has no idea
Qiviel:These online dice do not like me.
Kenny - Syrus:I think Tim meant as Syrus is proficient with Herbalism, would he know that collecting Giant nails can help making potion of Giabt Strength...? @Simon
Simon N. (GM):Roll Herbalism Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:What is that roll: d20 +?
my priciency bonus is +3, so is that d20_3?
d20+3
rolling d20+3
(
6
)
+3
=
9
Opps
Erasmus:+INT, perhaps?
Simon N. (GM):There's no herbalism kit prof on your sheet BTW, can you not add it?
Kenny - Syrus:I roll from DDB - all info is on DDB...
Simon N. (GM):Yeah I looked at your DDB sheet just now. Anyway that looks like a fail.
(INT +0)
Kenny - Syrus:Nevermind, let's start the game if everyone's ready! :)
Erasmus:(Drat)
So - my question 2 was referring to this from last time out:
<>
Simon N. (GM):You hear something from round the corner, just past the covered entrance
Sounds like something big just moved
yeah there
Erasmus:Can you remind where "there" is, please?
Simon N. (GM):The trolls round the back of the collapsed rear mine entry
yeah there, past the cookfire
Erasmus:Ok, cool. Thanks.
Chris T.:"hello everyone."
Ilyria:"Hello, Forge-Father"
"We're just finishing off some trolls..."
Chris T.:"Can I help?"
Ilyria:smiles "Please do! Syrus' magic defeated the hill giants."
Malied:HEY
Chris T.:"He is a clever fellow."
Ilyria:"With help from Malied" grin
Erasmus:"Shh... They're just beyond the cookfire, around the rise of the hill."
Malied:Fireball ftw
Simon N. (GM):GM: The trolls seem to be lurking out of sight round the hill, past the collapsed mine entry.
Erasmus:Erasmus creeps back to where he was, checking around the corner again.
Simon N. (GM):roll strealth E
Erasmus Bos:
24
Stealth(+4)
Erasmus Bos
Erasmus:(Good start!)
Kenny - Syrus:Whooop!
Simon N. (GM):v silent... roll per
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Erasmus Bos:
14
Perception(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):You don't hear them
Erasmus:He wants to try and get an eye on the trolls without being seen. Seeing the coast is clear just here, he will signal the others to move up before creeping a little further on.
Qiviel:Q edges closer
Simon N. (GM):ok move up
Qiviel:(How close do you want them? - Q isn't so quiet...)
Chris T.:nor F
Erasmus:(How much cover does the collapsed entrance provide in terms of rubble etc? is it a fairly gradual slope, or are there bouldery type bits?
Simon N. (GM):It's packed boulders, steep
Erasmus:So if I move here, for example, I could be behind a boulder?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Erasmus edges closer...
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Strohm follows Qiviel quietly behind
Simon N. (GM):The steep slope above the entrance is bare grass, no cover
Malied:Malied moves upto the other quitly
*quietly
Erasmus:Same in cover from a boulder?
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus glimpses a troll peering round the corner... E roll strealth
Erasmus Bos:
19
Stealth(+4)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):It doesn't spot him, but it's aware of the noisy folks behind him
Erasmus:Is it moving, at all? or just waiting?
Chris T.:"Well....If they know we're here?"
Simon N. (GM):It's waiting
E hears Fraener talking, so does the troll
It perks up
Qiviel:Q creeps up to try to get line of sight on E to see if he's ok.
Erasmus:Erasmus readies his staff
Chris T.:F casts Shield of Faith
Simon N. (GM):Q can't see E from there
Qiviel:(from there?)
Simon N. (GM):OK as F strides forward the trolls rush out, stop moving & roll init
Qiviel:
1
INITIATIVE (0)
Erasmus Bos:
10.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Malied:
15
INITIATIVE (3)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
18
INITIATIVE (2)
Qiviel:(man, these dice...)
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Troll
Initiative: 14
Chris T.:
7
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
Kenny - Syrus:
13.16
Initiative(+4.16)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Erasmus:Erasmus was hoping to try and trip the second troll as it went past.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):dont forget to click on your token before rolling initiative
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
18.14
Initiative(+2.14)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):I'll say 3 in 6 chance of an opp att for E per troll
rolling 2d6
(
4
+
2
)
=
6
OK you can attack the 2nd one E
Erasmus:Is a trip a special type of attack? I'm hoping to knock it prone to slow it down
Simon N. (GM):Opposed Athletics check, it has advtg as much bigger
Erasmus:But I'm hidden...?
(does that help?)
Simon N. (GM):Doesn't give advtg on athletics/grapple rolls no
But you only get to roll at all because you're hidden
Erasmus:In that case, I'll give it a go.
Erasmus Bos:
20
Athletics(+1)
Erasmus Bos
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc Size matters i guess
Nice
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Troll
Ability: 11 | 10
Erasmus:(It's not how big it is, it's how you use it! ;P
Simon N. (GM):E trips the troll w his staff
OK #18 Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Seeing the troll rush up to Fraener and Qiviel, and having no idea where Erasmus is, Jyrdani will run up and attack twice...
19
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
13Slashing Damage
27
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
6Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):slashes for 19
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):charge at the troll and attack twice
Malied:"well this will be amusing"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
25
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
8Slashing
27
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
14Slashing
end turn
Simon N. (GM):slash for 22
Malied:Firebolt
20
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
7Fire
Kenny - Syrus:FIREEEE!!!!
Simon N. (GM):hit, it burns & screams
Malied:bah, good hit crap damage again >:(
end turn
Erasmus:Doesn't matter about the damage - what's important is that you're stopping it regenerate.
Malied:in deed
Simon N. (GM):#14 Trolls - the burning troll does not regen yup
It attacks Strohm who hurt it most
Claw
Troll
Attack:27 | 23
Damage: 8 + 5 slashing
Claw
Troll
Attack:16 | 18
Damage: 11 slashing
Bite
Troll
Attack:26 | 11
Damage: 7 piercing
Chris T.:ouch
Simon N. (GM):20 dmg!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn it even with shield i cant block that
yeah i take the full damge
ouch...
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus' troll 3 in 6 stands up
rolling d6
(
2
)
=
2
Stands up, E already used Reaction tripping it. It attacks him
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh crasp
Simon N. (GM):
Claw
Troll
Attack:13 | 11
Damage: 8 slashing
Claw
Troll
Attack:12 | 15
Damage: 11 slashing
Bite
Troll
Attack:9 | 18
Damage: 10 piercing
Erasmus:But that was as they ran past before the combat started?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):phew
Erasmus:(That was the intention, at least)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Dice gods watch over Eramus this session
Erasmus:(Don't say that, Muiz!)
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus shouts at the nearest troll…
“What is the difference between a Nerd and a Troll?”
”Trolls were once Nerds too before they went over to the Dork side!!!”
(Vicious Mockery)
DC15
Wisdom Save
Components: V
4Psychic Damage
60ft.
Vicious Mockery
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Simon N. (GM):
Wisdom
Troll
Ability: 9 | 5
Kenny - Syrus:WHooop! Disad on it's next attack! :)
Simon N. (GM):Troll feels bad.
Malied:o god...Malied takes 90 damage from that
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Kenny - Syrus:lol re Malied! ;)
Erasmus:As the troll stands, Erasmus is left looking up its nose as it towers over him.
"Er, I might need some help, guys!!"
Two strikes with the staff...
Erasmus Bos:
25
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
13
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):1 hit for 6
Erasmus:Flurry of blows
Erasmus Bos:
19
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
11
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
9Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):another hit for 6 (AC 15)
Erasmus:DEX save, please
Simon N. (GM):For what?
Erasmus:DC13
Or be knocked prone
(Open Hand technique)
Simon N. (GM):thx
Dexterity
Troll
Ability: 11 | 15
Troll goes down again
Chris T.:He runs to help Erasmus (disadvantage on AoO from Mockery?AC23 His magical hammer bursting into flames (searing smite) as a bonus action,he smashes the thing in the knee caps.
with adv v prone?
Simon N. (GM):ok
Claw
Troll
Attack:25 | 13
Damage: 11 slashing
lucky had disad!
Erasmus:no opp attack if you go there...
Chris T.:yup.
attack with adv and searing smite
rolling 2d20kh1 +7
(
1
+
15
)
+7
=
22
Simon N. (GM):hit
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8+1d6+5 # d6 is fire
(
8
)
+
(
2
)
+5
=
15
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Initiative: 22
Chris T.:DC12 Con save each round following or remain on fire
end turn
Erasmus:Oooo! That's dope!
Simon N. (GM):cool :) or hot >:)
Kenny - Syrus:WOW!!!
Ilyria:moves up, BA hunter's mark on troll, shoots
10
 
 
18
150/600
Longbow (+7)
Ilyria
11Piercing
6
90 feet
Hunter's Mark
Ilyria
17 dmg, not bad for lvl 2 :)
#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q shifts around the Troll to attack from the side and to be able to go help Erasmus if he or Fraener get into trouble
Then she attacks twice
21
 
 
17
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
9Slashing
16
 
 
25
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
10Slashing
Ilyria:The troll drops
Qiviel:She uses the rest of her move to to to the other troll
Simon N. (GM):ok
#Jyrdani
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):troll is dead?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani runs up to the prone troll and plunges her blade into it's prone form.
Simon N. (GM):Its wounds are closing
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
26
 
 
11
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
16
 
 
19
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
12Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):J hacks at the troll
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):so my troll is currently regenerating?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Malied:not for long >:)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):malied is next turn so i can leave it to him, so Strohm moves up to help finnish the prone one
attack twice
19
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
12Slashing
21
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
12Slashing
Simon N. (GM):hack it for 24
#Malied
Malied:firebolt again#
28
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
12 + 3Fire
Simon N. (GM):disad from there
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Simon N. (GM):roll again
Malied:
27
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
20Fire
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh no
still Nice
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Sweet
Chris T.:That'll do :)
Kenny - Syrus:Whoop!
Malied:is it still alive?
Simon N. (GM):No, it ignites
Malied:sweet, move up 30 feet
end turn
Simon N. (GM):BTW your firebolt crit should be 4d10 not 3d10 Malied
Malied:ah, k
Chris T.:DC12 con or 1d6 fire damage. It is alite
alight even :)
Simon N. (GM):troll fire save
Constitution
Troll
Ability: 7 | 22
fail!
Chris T.:
rolling 1d6
(
3
)
=
3
3 fire and still burning
Simon N. (GM):The angry troll tries to grab Fraener and pull him down - F roll Athletics or Acrobatics
Strength
Troll
Ability: 11 | 11
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+4
(
19
)
+4
=
23
"Bah! Hands off, Troll!"
Simon N. (GM):It claws at Erasmus (w disad)
Claw
Troll
Attack:19 | 20
Damage: 16 slashing
ouch
Erasmus:"Ow!"
Simon N. (GM):& finally bites at Erasmus' ankle (disad)
Bite
Troll
Attack:18 | 12
Damage: 5 piercing
miss
Erasmus:"Oh no you don't!"
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus moves up next to Malied, and gets out a scroll…
…and casts Dissonant Whisper at the Troll!
DC15
Wisdom Save
Components: V
7Psychic Damage
60ft.
Dissonant Whispers
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Malied:thank god, i thought it was another jpoke!
Simon N. (GM):
Wisdom
Troll
Ability: 19 | 4
Kenny - Syrus:(fingers crossed)
DAMMIT!
Simon N. (GM):saves
Kenny - Syrus:End turn
Erasmus:bugger.
Simon N. (GM):any effect?
Chris T.:(happy to have it prone and on fire in front of us)
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:half damage and doesn't run, I believe.
Simon N. (GM):I'll take off 3 hp
Kenny - Syrus:@Simon, yes, half damage on a save
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i really dont like this we taking a lot of damage and were not even in the cave yet XD
Kenny - Syrus:So 3 damage?
Erasmus:Erasmus, reeling from the slaw, smack the troll with his staff.
Erasmus Bos:
15
 
 
13
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
8Bludgeoning Damage
15
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
22
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):The burning troll stops moving
Erasmus:Erasmus gives it a kick.
Malied:huzzah!
Simon N. (GM):(out of combat)
Chris T.:Wellplayed guys!
Erasmus Bos:
27
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
7 +Bludgeoning Damage
 
 
4 +Bludgeoning Critical Damage
Erasmus:Bloody typical!!
Simon N. (GM):Past the trolls' corner the ledge ends
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus gets out another scroll to cast Cure Wounds on Erasmus
Malied:well, once you get the fire going they are a piece of cake
Kenny - Syrus:
Components: V, S
6Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
(rolling low, soz)
Chris T.:any sign of a nest?
Erasmus:"Thank you, Syrus,."
Simon N. (GM):Looks like they were camped round the fire
Malied:I have a potion of healing if anyone needs it?
Chris T.:any sacks around or are they carrying anything?
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus then gets out another Cure Wounds scroll and casts on Strohm (1 left after this one)
Components: V, S
8Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Qiviel:Is it worth me blowing one of my level 2s for a prayer of healing?
It restores health to multiple ppl
Malied:i'm undamaged
Erasmus:E is 21/38 wth 5 Hit dice.
Qiviel:saves the healing potions and whatnot
Chris T.:fullHP here
Kenny - Syrus:@Qiviel - YES - it takes 10 mins, right?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"well that was a surprised facinng off multiple giants and trolls this early of the day, do we continue to venture into the cave?"
Erasmus:only two of us are injured, i think.
Simon N. (GM):GM: Investigating the scene, it looks as if the large round stones blocking the mine entry were placed here deliberately, likely by the giants.
Qiviel:Yes, takes 10 minutes. Alternatively, I'e got a pair of cure wounds left
Malied:"I think we should Muiz, if we come back tomorrow there'll be something else guarding that we'd have to clear
Kenny - Syrus:@STROHM did you add 8 HP?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Strohm drinks a potion of healing
not yet Syrus
Chris T.:F (stone cunning) investigates with Guidance to see if the boulders can be safely moved?
Erasmus:Are there any gaps in the rocks we could see through?
Kenny - Syrus:Cool, pls add 8hp back to your health too :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
8Healing
Potion of Healing
Simon N. (GM):If you have darkvision you can try to look through a crack (roll Per)
Qiviel:OK, Q will cast cure wounds on E
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cool i heal with 16 then
Qiviel:
5Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
5 hp to E
Simon N. (GM):@Fraener The rocks look v heavy, Athletics DC 20 to move
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+1d4+4
(
7
)
+
(
1
)
+4
=
12
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):from 24 back to 40
Chris T.:oh soz,misread
Erasmus:"Thank you, Lady Qiviel. I feel much better now."
Qiviel:How about Fraener? He need a cure wounds?
Chris T.:"I could guide myself if one of you helps?"
F is on fullthanks Keelia
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"I can help."
Chris T.:"Thanks Jyrdani."
Qiviel:OK, who needs the last cure wounds?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Ayonetaking a look inside before we open this up?"
Qiviel:I still have healing hands but saving those for actual fights when I need more control
Chris T.:Fraener plants himself firmly and with Maradin's guidance and J's help, his muscles cord and he heaves...
rolling 2d20kh1+1d4+4
(
19
+
19
)
+
(
4
)
+4
=
27
Simon N. (GM):What a dwarf!
The boulders roll aside (Fraener have inspiration)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Indeed
Qiviel:Q applauds
Simon N. (GM):Beyond is the foul smelly troll nest
Chris T.:(Thanks up to 3 again )
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!!!
Qiviel:"Did anyone search these trolls?" Q asks
Chris T.:"Yes."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"i dont believe so..."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"We're waiting for them to stop smouldering."
Chris T.:F willpoke around in the stinking nest.
Simon N. (GM):Within the dank chamber beyond are
several piles of rank animal skins and the creatures’ individual
treasures in small piles. At the rear of the cavern is
what was once a mineshaft, now completely filled with
rubble from some mining accident that resulted in a major cavein. There are four treasure sacks
Four rotting sacks contain 100 gp each, as well
Simon N. (GM):as some rotten pieces of humanoid flesh, a pouch full of teeth,
and a 5-gallon jug of whiskey. A gleaming runscribed mace lies in a
corner, used to prop up a cook pot.
So 400gp, 5 gallons of whisky, anyone taking the mace?
Chris T.:Ritual identify on the mace
Erasmus:What are the teeth? Are they human?
Simon N. (GM):Fraener takes the mace & 10 minutes to cast ID
Variety of teeth - human, orc, dwarf and a lot of animal teeth
The mace is a +2 mace
Chris T.:wow
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn 0-0
Erasmus:Niiiice!
Chris T.:anyone use it? If not F would be very grateful.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i you want it keep it it would be a secondary weapon for me
Chris T.:So long as everyone is okay with that?
Erasmus:"Indeed."
Kenny - Syrus:No objections from me!
Malied:its not like i can use it :P
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"I could use it, but I like the feel of my blade. It looks good on you."
Qiviel:Go for it.
Chris T.:Fraener grins at his generous friends. "Thank you!"
Qiviel:Q pokes at the smoldering corpses to see if there is anything else.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"its not Maul so i wont need it better with you Fraener since you can pair it with your shield you can make full use of it"
Simon N. (GM):that's all
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"alright as we clear these trolls and its treasures we ready to continue?"
Erasmus:"Do you have any coin left over from before, Fraener?!
Chris T.:"Plenty my friend."
"And lead on Strohm!"
Erasmus:(I mean from the previous lootings that didn't get shared out, unless you are pocketing it?
Simon N. (GM):LOL
Chris T.:(I have quite a stack of my own loot.)
Erasmus:(I'm cool either way, by the way!)
Chris T.:He hasn't taken a penny from this lot.)
Qiviel:"Do we wish to circle around and make sure nothing else may follow us in? Or just double back and hope the corpses warn off other enemies?)
Malied:lets circle arou8nd quickly
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:inspects collapsed hole "Don't think we're getting in this way. Back to main entry?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"i am good circling around"
"yes Jyrdani we go back to their main entrance"
Chris T.:"Looks like just a ledge?"
Simon N. (GM):Like I said, the ledge ends ahead, sheer cliffs
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"it seems so"
"nevermind lets go the other way" embarresed of his lack of awareness
Qiviel:Q nods and follows
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d6
(
2
)
=
2
all is quiet currently. A light cold rain starts falling
Malied:Malied smiles smugly as he walks past the fireball giants
Simon N. (GM):GM: Suggest you arrange into a marching order for going in mine, then I can move you in?
Chris T.:good idea
Q and F front rank?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"seems the giants remains are the same and no creatures has come out from the cave safe to say we didnt alarm any creatures inside"
Simon N. (GM):Prob 2 abreast is best
Malied:sounds good, anyone want to take the rear so your squishy wizards does get merc'd?
doesn't*
Qiviel:Q's happy to be wherever. Put her up front if no one else wants to be there or in the back as rear guard.
Erasmus:Erasmus and Jyrdani will be unable to see, so won't be at the front.
Malied:60 feet darkvisin here
Qiviel:Q uses channel divinity, sacred weapon for light.
Simon N. (GM):You may want a light source yup!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):two heavy tanks at the front i dont mind being in the middle
Kenny - Syrus:@ERamus: Syrus gives over his Lantern of Revealing, to keep ;)
Simon N. (GM):Q's sword blazes out - for 1 minute yes?
Qiviel:Yes, but she'll continually recast as needed
Malied:i'll stand next to Muiz
Simon N. (GM):Where are E & J tokens?
Kenny - Syrus:Where is my token? lol
Erasmus:"Thanks, Syrus. This'll be really useful"
(Sorry - think I may have deleted them in error.
Chris T.:(Paladin channel divinity is at will not once per short rest?)
Kenny - Syrus:Winks @ Erasmus
Simon N. (GM):pretty sure it's SR Chris
Kenny - Syrus:"Come on Old man, get next to yo Baby Mama!"
Erasmus:Rolls eyes
Chris T.:I thoght sotoo...
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus lights the lantern of revealing?
OK moving you over to mines map to right
Erasmus:I guess so. Can't see without it, but just a shame to announce our arrival.
Simon N. (GM):The mine entrance is dark, with a damp smell exuding
from its depths. The walls of the mine are rough-cut, following
along where the ore veins once lined the walls. The
mineshaft descends gradually at a level of about 2 feet for
every 10 feet of distance traveled; a dwarf or someone with
(mining) tools skill notices this descent immediately.
Simon N. (GM):The handcart tracks run for about 30 feet into the mine
before finally ending.
Erasmus:"Keep an eye out for tripwires and the like."
Qiviel:(Hm, channel divinity doesn't say it needs a recharge on my sheet, just that it takes an action and lasts 1 minute - I think I'll have to find the full details online and see if it will let me update the sheet, if it needs a SR recharge.)
Chris T.:PP12 here... advantage for been flose to the ground? :D
(it only stuck in my mind as I used it a lot in Runelords,Keelia)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+6
(
9
)
+6
=
15
2 Alcoves some 20' into the mine
Anyone got P-PER 16+?
Chris T.:12
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nope here
Malied:16 here
and darkvision
Erasmus:15 here
Malied:o, wait
thats AC >.>
14 pp
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lol
Kenny - Syrus:14pp
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):12pp
Simon N. (GM):Strange rubbery critters are hidden up in the ceiling and lash out with their extending arms... chokers!
Chris T.:eek
Erasmus Bos:
16.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):OK roll init, you start surprised & unaware
Chris T.:
6
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
0
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
10
INITIATIVE (2)
Malied:
21
INITIATIVE (3)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
16.14
Initiative(+2.14)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+2
(
5
)
+2
=
7
Qiviel:(I had to read a bunch of different pages to find one that finally told me 1x per SR or LR until higher levels. This seems like important information that shouldn't take so much googling :-/)
10
INITIATIVE (0)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"what the hell are these things"
Erasmus:Aww, look at that. E and J going together. :)
Malied:"things that need to die"
Simon N. (GM):OK one tries to grab Fraener (advtg, 2 atts)
Kenny - Syrus:
12.16
Initiative(+4.16)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Chris T.:AC21
Erasmus:(Ilyria's not on init again)
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Initiative: 21
rolling 4d20
(
12
+
8
+
1
+
15
)
=
36
17 & 20 vs Fraener, he fends it off
1 grabs for Jyrdani
rolling 4d20
(
1
+
5
+
5
+
11
)
=
22
6 & 16, miss
Simon N. (GM):1 grabs Qiviel
rolling 4d20
(
8
+
4
+
14
+
10
)
=
36
13 & 19, fended off
1 grabs for Erasmus
rolling 4d20
(
18
+
13
+
13
+
4
)
=
48
Erasmus:"Erk!"
AC16
Simon N. (GM):23 & 18, 2 hits, he is whisked up into the air, grappled & restrained
Erasmus Bos is: Grappled
Erasmus Bos is: Grappled, Restrained
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc oh crap
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d4+2d6+6
(
4
+
4
)
+
(
5
+
2
)
+6
=
21
& 21 dmg
Chris T.:ouchers
Erasmus:Oh, bugger!
5/38
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc oh no this is bad
ooc they high up?
Simon N. (GM):Yes 10' up OK Ilyria recovers from surprise, step s forward, hunters mark on the grabber & shoots it
AC 18 inc cover from Erasmus
10
 
 
9
150/600
Longbow (+7)
Ilyria
5Piercing
miss
#Malied
Malied:GM can Malied hit them with firebolt without hurting his friends?
Simon N. (GM):yes
Malied:cool
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc this will be diffucult
Malied:
10
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
12Fire
Saving you Es
Simon N. (GM):they don't have cover except the one holding Erasmus - but you miss
Malied:ffs
end turn
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus will attempt to break the grapple
Athlestics?
Simon N. (GM):I believe Athletics or Acrobatics for slipping free
Erasmus:Sweet. I'll take acro.
Erasmus Bos:
13
Acrobatics(+7)
Erasmus Bos
Chris T.:good luck
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+3
(
19
)
+3
=
22
It holds you
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):crap
Chris T.::(
Simon N. (GM):You can use your 2nd attack to try again
Erasmus:Ok, I'll try again.
Erasmus Bos:
13
Acrobatics(+7)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+3
(
18
)
+3
=
21
Chris T.:Oh gosh!
Malied::(
Simon N. (GM):bad luck
Erasmus:Well, I guess that's it.
Simon N. (GM):AFAIK those count as attacks so you could use BA unarmed strike
w disad
Erasmus:Oh, ok. I'll try punching it in the face.
Erasmus Bos:
13
 
 
25
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):miss
Erasmus:Oh well.
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Shit! Come back down here!"
Jyrdani will try to pull Erasmus free, if she can?
Simon N. (GM):I'd say she can reach his ankles yes :)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
22
Athletics(+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Chris T.:nice
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+3
(
18
)
+3
=
21
Jyrdani pulls Erasmus free and catches him in her strong arms :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Kenny - Syrus:WHoop!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She tries to put him out of reach.
Could she reach with her sword?
Simon N. (GM):ok she can run out w him?
will take opp att
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Or move is good.
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+5
(
16
)
+5
=
21
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Bugger
Simon N. (GM):It grabs Jyrdani!
rolling d4+d6+3
(
1
)
+
(
3
)
+3
=
7
7 dmg
on the bright side, now she is in range to sword it :)
Qiviel:(Buddy system! Hold on to each other!)
Erasmus:Erasmus bundles to the ground, panting heavily.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani stabs at it.
Simon N. (GM):can make 1 sword att w disad, or try to break free
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
25
 
 
24
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
10Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):she slashes it, green blood spurts
#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus fires an arrow at the Choker that got Jyrdani!!
19
80ft./320ft.
Crossbow, Light ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
5Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):AC 18 - HIT!
Kenny - Syrus:BA Healing Word on Erasmus
Components: V
8Healing
60ft.
Healing Word
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Simon N. (GM):It drops, dropping Jyrdani
rolling d6
(
3
)
=
3
she takes 3 dmg
Kenny - Syrus:"Stop panting Old Man, Get up - Baby Mama needs you!"
Erasmus:"Thanks."
Simon N. (GM):(she could stand up but would take another opp att)
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):fire a fire bolt at the creature next ot Jyrdani
17
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
7Fire
Simon N. (GM):AC 16 - hit
It screeches
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thats it for now end turn
Malied:ugh, ugly bugger
Erasmus:(Ew!)
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel - they're out of sword range, clinging to the ceiling above
Qiviel:Is Q carrying her lance or is that with Rocco?
She'll have a spear at least. She can use that as a longer range stabby-tool
Simon N. (GM):ok I'll let you attack w spear
Qiviel:
12
 
 
19
20/60
Spear (1-handed melee) (+6)
7Piercing
22
 
 
12
20/60
Spear (1-handed melee) (+6)
8Piercing
Simon N. (GM):12 misses
22 hits
It drops - they seem pretty fragile
Qiviel:She moves over to Jyrdani and plants herself above her.
Simon N. (GM):The survivors use their Aberrant Quickness power to take an extra multiattack action - so 4 atts each...
1 on Fraener
Erasmus:o_O
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 4d20
(
1
+
6
+
17
+
12
)
=
36
1 hit, he's grabbed & hoisted
rolling d4+d6+3
(
3
)
+
(
5
)
+3
=
11
restrained & 11 dmg
Chris T.:28/39HP
Simon N. (GM):1 on Ilyria
rolling 4d20
(
12
+
5
+
19
+
17
)
=
53
3 hits...
rolling d4+d6+3
(
4
)
+
(
3
)
+3
=
10
rolling d4+d6+3
(
2
)
+
(
6
)
+3
=
11
at 0 after 2 attacks, then 2 failed death saves
Chris T.:eek
Simon N. (GM):It strangles her limp form
#Fraener
Chris T.:Fraener can't see the young lass die. With his bonus action he sends Moradin's healing word to revive her. Then attempts to break the grapple.
rolling 1d4+2 # healing word on Ilyria
(
2
)
+2
=
4
Simon N. (GM):Ilyria gasps and awakes
Chris T.:he asks for Moradin to give him inspiration on his escape roll
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+3
(
13
)
+3
=
16
Chris T.:
rolling 2d20kh1+4
(
15
+
10
)
+4
=
19
end turn
Simon N. (GM):Fraener breaks free and falls to earth (no dmg)
Ilyria also tries to break free
9
 
 
22
ATHLETICS (3)
Ilyria
rolling d20+3
(
10
)
+3
=
13
It holds her tight
#Malied
Malied:going for the one that has IIyria
21
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
14Fire
Simon N. (GM):OK AC 18
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice one shot
Malied:"BURN MUDA FUCKER"
Simon N. (GM):It drops dead; she falls d6 dmg
rolling d6
(
3
)
=
3
1 hp left :)
Malied:sooooooo close
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Malied:"someone needs to get her out of there"
Erasmus:Ok. Seeing these things falling pretty easily, Erasmus will throw two darts at the choker on the ceiling.
Erasmus Bos:
8
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
7Piercing Damage
9
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
5Piercing Damage
Ilyria:famous last words :)
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Erasmus:The pain in his ribs is a little off putting.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani will stand, then move to Ilyria to protect her.
Simon N. (GM):OK she can ready to slash if it reaches for her or Ilyria
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She'll ready her sword icase it lunges at her.
Erasmus:brb
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus will move through his pals, and shoot an arrow at remaining Choker
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:
11
80ft./320ft.
Crossbow, Light ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
9Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):miss
Kenny - Syrus:D'oh!
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):fire firebolt at the last choker
17
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
3Fire
Simon N. (GM):just singed it
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn crap damage
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q will cross over and use her spear
19
 
 
10
20/60
Spear (1-handed melee) (+6)
8Piercing
9
 
 
16
20/60
Spear (1-handed melee) (+6)
6Piercing
Simon N. (GM):Q stabs & badly wounds it
It hisses and reaches for Fraener again
Chris T.:ac21
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d20
(
20
+
9
)
=
29
ouch
rolling 2d4+2d6+3
(
4
+
3
)
+
(
2
+
2
)
+3
=
14
F on 1 hp!
Erasmus:Does that put it in range for Jyrdani?
Chris T.:14/39HP
F on 14
Simon N. (GM):it said you had 15, did you not add some earlier?
maybe after troll fight?
Chris T.:39/28/14
He didn'tloose any to the Troll
Simon N. (GM):wonder why your token was on 15 then
Chris T.:The token has F starting on 26
Erasmus:Maybe Roll20 wasn't updated after the last session?
Chris T.:nothis 39 @ 4th level
Simon N. (GM):if player adds hp to PC sheet it goes to token
Chris T.:(I've never updated his sheet since 1st level.)
Simon N. (GM):No the token says 1/39
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):more likely F didnt heal last session
Chris T.:wellit's wrong
Simon N. (GM):hm ok so you're not tracking his hp at all & I have to do it all manually, ok!
Chris T.:He wasn't here last session
Simon N. (GM):I mean not tracking on Roll20
Chris T.:I have never used the roll20 thing.
Simon N. (GM):(OK F on 15) Ilyria Disengages & legs it out
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Does the attack put it in range for Jyrdani?
Simon N. (GM):no, that's why it went for F
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:ok.
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:If this kills it, then everything goes into slowmo as the firebolt streecks towards it
22
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
15Fire
Simon N. (GM):It splodes
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice damage
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOP!
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d6
(
5
)
=
5
Chris T.:"Bloody things!"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Nnnnniiiiicccceeee
Simon N. (GM):F lands heavily - 5 dmg
Malied:glad I'm not in the slash range ^^
splash*
Qiviel:OK, everyone that is injured please come towards Q so you are in range
Chris T.:9/39HP
He looks a bit dented :)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:What's the marker on my token for, please?
Qiviel:
6Healing
30 feet
Prayer of Healing
Chris T.:F cosy's up to Q
Qiviel:Bloody dice gods.
Everyone gets 6 hp because they hate me
Chris T.:15/39
Simon N. (GM):No idea, I thought you did that Tim! :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"anybody want a potion of healing?"
Kenny - Syrus:This may be a good time for Prayer of Healing @Qiviel?
Qiviel:That was it
6 hp for everyone
I can do one more
Ilyria:"I don't feel so good... I think I better wait outside." rubs red mark on neck
Qiviel:
13Healing
30 feet
Prayer of Healing
Kenny - Syrus:Oh yea! If anyone want a short rest for hit Dice, Syrus can do a Song of Rest?
Qiviel:That's better. Everyone gets another 13
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Nope. it went on when I got grappled. I was worried it meant I took damage at the start of my turn or something. Very pleased that's not the case!!
Malied:hmm, quick medicine check on the red mark
Qiviel:Who's still desperate ?
Malied:I wanna make sure theres no lingering problems
Kenny - Syrus:Thanks Qiviel!
Chris T.:28/39 Thanlks Keelia!
Ilyria:ok M
Malied:
19
MEDICINE (1)
Anything about the mark that is cause for concern?
Chris T.:Fraerner will take a step back in the marching order but is otherwise okay
we have fighters I think?
Qiviel:Is anyone still desperate ?
for hp?
Ilyria:Lesion where the choker was strangling her, mix of blunt & piercing trauma from spiny growths on arm-tentacles
Kenny - Syrus:A love bite from a Choker!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"I feel great now, Qiviel! Thanks you."
Ilyria:"Thanks Qiviel, I feel much better... but I still think I should guard the rear." wan smile
Malied:hmm, but no poissons? nothing that might affect J?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):back to full health
Ilyria:M does not detect poison
Erasmus:"I'm feeling much better too. My thanks indeed."
Malied:coolio, just checking
Chris T.:any previous victimsorsigns of nests?
Erasmus:(Sorry James - the marker was on Erasmus - I forgot to change my Speaking As)
Malied:cool, no worries :)
Ilyria:Well the chokers had small individual alcoves in the ceiling; one has the remains of a halfling in studded leather jammed into it
Chris T.:"Can any one reach?"
Qiviel:Q uses her spear to try to wriggle it out
Erasmus:J could give E a bunk up?
Malied:Malied stands by with a firebolt incase there another choiker hidding in there
Simon N. (GM):J gives E a bunk up, with their help Q wiggles the dead & mangled halfling out of the hole, the corpse crashes to the ground. Its money pouch splits and coins roll about.
Malied:Malied will do a quick identify on the armour
by quick i mean 10 min rit if we have time
Erasmus:Collects the coinage
Chris T.:F gathers up the3 coins and gives them to E
Simon N. (GM):The armour does not radiate magic though it is quite nice
GM: You gather up 126gp
Malied:"hmm, nothing special, still in the bag it goes"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):gave a short laugh "well after this adventure we can safely say we got our moneys worth"
Erasmus:Erasmus casts his eye over the armour. "Nice enough, I guess. Not as good as a Bos one..."
Chris T.:sowepresson?
Kenny - Syrus:"Shinies, Whoop!!!"
Malied:"sounds good, onwards! and watch the ceilings ofc...."
Chris T.:"Sound advice!"
Qiviel:Q will take point
Malied:Malied will stay at the rear
risky i know but hopefully he'll be safer there
Simon N. (GM):Q sees ahead a large patch of brown mold growing on the floor
Kenny - Syrus:"Come on 'Ras!!"
Qiviel:She stops a good distance away
Malied:nature check
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:J goes near the front, with E behind
Qiviel:and eyes the mold warily.
Malied:
10
NATURE (8)
-.-
rolled a 2
anyone else any good with nature?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"should we burn it away?"
Qiviel:"Is it alive or dangerous?" she murmurs warily
Malied:"hmm, I'm a little worried about the fums
Simon N. (GM):It's very cold near it
Qiviel:"Is it like the stuff from before where burning it releases poison into the air?"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"It's mold. What's to worry about?"
Malied:"screw it, let burn it and find out
Chris T.:Does |Fknow about it, living underground as he does?
(I do)
Qiviel:"Hold," Q murmurs.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
14
NATURE (2)
Qiviel:"No fire yet. Does anyone else recognize it?"
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+2 # nature
(
18
)
+2
=
20
"Don't get fire near it!"
Kenny - Syrus:
10
Nature(+1)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Qiviel:"Is it a trap?" Q demands
Simon N. (GM):Fraener knows it feeds on heat, sucking up all heat from the surrounds
Chris T.:"Killit with cold. Fire makes it grow!"
Move back...
Malied:yea, cold isn't really my thing...
Qiviel:"I assume it will suck out our body heat then."
Chris T.:"If we get close enough..."
Malied:Malied steps back
Qiviel:"Is it like a clump? Can we push it? with weapons?"
Erasmus:Erasmus swaps places with Jyrdani to get a look.
How much is there here?
Simon N. (GM):It's a matt of mold on the ground. it does not look cohesive
Qiviel:"Or can we throw those bodies on top and step over it?"
Erasmus:So it's about a 5x5 patch? None further in?
Simon N. (GM):The strands are about 2" high and golden brown
Yes looks like only the one patch
Chris T.:Fraerner too is not equiped to deal with it but knows that getting within close range will cause us harm and it to grow.
Malied:ok, is there are wood around that we could place over the top of it?
Erasmus:"How close is too close?
Simon N. (GM):BRB putting dinner in
Qiviel:"Perhaps from the damaged rails?"
Chris T.:"Syrus,you got any cold magic?"
Kenny - Syrus:"No I don't..."
Chris T.:"We must keepour distance and keep fire away at all cost."
Kenny - Syrus:Would fire not burn it away?
Qiviel:"Right. If we can't use the rail track behind, Let's go get a troll body and throw it on top and walk over it."
(It thrives on fire, gets bigger so fire it out.)
Kenny - Syrus:Or shall we chop up a Giant from outside and through the remains at it?