Loudwater

Loudwater

Monday, 31 May 2021

FA1 3/11/1359 Mistwood Mine Monsters (1275 XP)

 




Simon N. (GM):GM: OK I think you had a short rest end of last session http://frloudwater.blogspot.com/2021/05/fa1-3111359-entering-mistwood-mine-650.html
Chris T.:If it's any consolation, I threy some Brown Mould against the 15-16th level guys in my campaign and it stuffed them too.
Erasmus:Correct.
Simon N. (GM):& you cleared away the brown mould.
Chris T.:Simon, for the record before we start
Malied:I had just gained an additional cantrip the previous lvl but isin't take an ice spell >.<
Chris T.:after the short rest Fraener is at 39/39
Simon N. (GM):OK Chris I've edited your token
Chris T.:Thank you :)
Simon N. (GM):how many hit dice do you have left?
Chris T.:2
He used two + the song of rest
Simon N. (GM):AC 22 now?
Malied:ok guys, i'm gonna make use of my clas features for a change, expect me to drop fireballs on you ^^
Chris T.:I thought 21, 22 at 5th but it said 22 on the update you sent
Erasmus:Spell sculpting?
Malied:yarr
Erasmus:Nice
Simon N. (GM):Checking it looks like I put F's armour to +1 too early, so still AC 21
Chris T.:yup,that's what I thought. 5th will be 22 :)
6th 23!
Simon N. (GM)::)
Erasmus:Woah!
:)
Geoff:Simon, now that Norrin has rejoined, can I move his token up to join the rest of the party?
Simon N. (GM):@Geoff Yup. GM: Do you want to break down the unmortared brick wall or do something else?
Erasmus:"Thank you for watching our back, Norrin. I take it there were no incidents?"
Chris T.:"We should presson..."
Erasmus:Presumably, Malied told us what he saw/heard?
Ilyria:"I'll guard the entrance - I fear the things in here are beyond my strength."
Geoff:buckling on his sword belt "Umm, sorry, I had to see a man about a horse. What did I miss?"
Chris T.:"Stay safe, Ilyria."
Malied:lets go
Syrus (Kenny):"I'll stay with you for a while, Ilyria."
Malied:Malied casts Mage hand and starts helping to remove the briks
Erasmus:"What did you see/hear on the other side, before we start dismantling the wall?"
Chris T.:Norrin uses his stone cunning skills to help with the demolition.
Geoff:Fraener, you mean?
Chris T.:soz
Qiviel:"Continual roadblocks," Q answers Norrin with a rueful grin.
Malied:I didn't hear anything when I was here the first time
Chris T.:Long afternoon of Classic Traveller has fried my brain
Erasmus:"Can we look/listen before rushing in, then?"
Ilyria:@Geoff move Norrin in if you're with the main group
Chris T.:"Of course."
Simon N. (GM):GM: Cunningly bashing the brick wall it gives way fairly easily, tumbling inwards.
Chris T.:Fraener moves back, his work done for now.
Let the warriors in.
Simon N. (GM):Beyond is a broad north-to-south shaft
with a cavern beyond. And a lot of monsters.
Qiviel:Q moves forward in case something decides to jump out at them. she readies her weapon
Muiz:OOC Oh boy...
Simon N. (GM):roll init pls
Erasmus Bos:
15.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Malied:
14
INITIATIVE (3)
Geoff:
11
INITIATIVE (2)
Chris T.:
3
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Carrion Crawler
Initiative: 5
Qiviel:
8
INITIATIVE (0)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
9.14
Initiative(+2.14)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Muiz:
10
INITIATIVE (2)
Simon N. (GM):3 - This cavern is filled with stalagmites and stalactites that reach
to each other from floor to ceiling. A strange chirping fills the air.
#15 Erasmus
Erasmus:What's the lighting situation here?
Simon N. (GM):You have light else humans blind, default to torches
There are torch brackets along the walls.
Erasmus:If I can see it, I'll throw two darts.
Simon N. (GM):ok
Erasmus Bos:
14
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
8Piercing Damage
12
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
6Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):ac 13 1 hit
Erasmus:Done
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:Firebolt the chunky one closet then pull back
10
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
15Fire
Simon N. (GM):miss
#Norrin
Muiz:Sad
that was pretty goood damage
Geoff:How big is the opening in the destroyed brick wall?
Malied:I rolled a 2, it happens
Simon N. (GM):The wall fell down
Geoff:Attacks, sword & shield
19
 
 
18
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
10
18
 
 
22
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
9
Simon N. (GM):bloodied
#Strohm
#3 Your light sources illuminate dozens of waving tentacles and
multifaceted eyes. A rasping of scales upon damp stone fills the
air as several sinuous bodies turn upon the heroes..
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):alright i move up front and attack the worm twice
14
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
8Slashing
18
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
15Slashing
Simon N. (GM):It's nearly dead
#Jyrdani
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani runs up beside Strohm and swings Ironwolf at the worm.
26
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
7Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):She kills it
Geoff:Nice
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She then steps to the next one and makes her second attack.
12
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
11Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):miss
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Shit!"
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q goes to join Jyrdani
10
 
 
17
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
13Slashing
17
 
 
21
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
10Slashing
Simon N. (GM):miss & hit for 10
The northern carrion crawler attacks Norrin...
Multiattack
Carrion Crawler
The carrion crawler makes two attacks: one with its tentacles and one with its bite.

Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:28 | 14
Damage: 6 + 3 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
CON save Norrin
Geoff:
13
 
 
21
CONSTITUTION (3)
Simon N. (GM):just!
Geoff:Whew
Simon N. (GM):
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:17 | 20
Damage: 9 piercing
bite is deflected by N's armour
rolling d2
(
1
)
=
1
South crawler attacks Jyrdani
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:18 | 17
Damage: 4 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:miss
Simon N. (GM):
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:17 | 21
Damage: 7 piercing
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:The mandibles scrape across her shield
Simon N. (GM):4 gricks attack Qiviel
Malied:No smn, you are not tempting me into wasting a fireball on these things :P
Simon N. (GM):
Multiattack
Grick
The grick makes one attack with its tentacles. If that attack hits, the grick can make one beak attack against the same target.

Tentacles
Grick
Attack:15 | 21
Damage: 13 slashing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lol
Simon N. (GM):
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:13 | 22
Damage: 10 slashing
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:15 | 6
Damage: 9 slashing
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:7 | 5
Damage: 8 slashing
all miss
1 attacks Strohm
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:17 | 20
Damage: 12 slashing
Simon N. (GM):miss AC 19
Chris T.:Freaner moves forward summoning the spiritual hammer of Moradin to strike at the northern worm. Then as an action, dodges any tentacles that come his way.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:(The possibility of taking out 8 enemies in a single turn is never a waste!)
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+4
(
5
)
+4
=
9
End turn
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Seeing Jyrdani and everyone else now engaged, Erasmus considers it safe enough to move up.
Erasmus Bos:
22
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
11Bludgeoning Damage
12
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):ac 14
Erasmus Bos:
11
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
5Bludgeoning Damage
Erasmus:"Gah! Slithery little blighters, these!"
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:damn, your in the eact spot I was aiming for :P
Malied moves up
Erasmus:(sorry!)
Malied:misty step
(mo worries
Burning hands
catches Q but spell sculting
there yea
45 degree angle pointing NW
Qiviel:(If we get any fireproof items, Q would like to call first dibs :D for the future)
Malied:
9
Self (15-foot cone)
Burning Hands (+8)
DC16
Half damage
Dexterity Save
All Creatures within a 15 foot cone
8Fire
crap damage -.-
none damge to you ^^
Qiviel::)
Malied:i don't spose they all died from that?
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 19 | 5
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 17 | 9
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 17 | 17
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 4 | 7
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 5 | 10
The twp by Norrin & Strohm take full dmg
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ouch
Simon N. (GM):They look kinda annoyed...
Malied:end turn, good job I still have mage armour up :P
Simon N. (GM):OOC technically that was 2 spells in 1 round but I don't feel like redoing it :)
#Norrin
Malied:ah, k, thanks
Geoff:One attack on the crawler, we'll see how that goes....
15
 
 
13
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
15
If it still stands, er, crawls, then he'll attack again.
Simon N. (GM):just lightly wounded
Geoff:Again.
Simon N. (GM):rem action surges N & S
Geoff:
20
 
 
11
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
11
Simon N. (GM):bloodied now
Geoff:done
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack the small worms
22
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
15Slashing
Simon N. (GM):killed a scorched grick
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):second attack the worm next to Norrin
28
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
12 + 11Slashing
Malied:nice
Geoff:woo
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):0-0 Damn
Simon N. (GM):Cleft in twain!
Chris T.:very nice
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Malied:Strohm, slayer of tentacles
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani slashes again at the crawler looming over her.
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
27
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
9
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:The second strike getting tangled in the tentacles.
Qiviel:Q attacks the big one first
22
 
 
12
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
12Slashing
Simon N. (GM):hit
Qiviel:And depending if it's dead or not, she'll attack it again
14
 
 
17
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
9Slashing
Simon N. (GM):it's alive but v bloody
Qiviel:She braces herself :)
Malied:AC16
Simon N. (GM):4 gricks attack Malied
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:14 | 24
Damage: 9 + 7 slashing
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:13 | 13
Damage: 12 slashing
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:13 | 16
Damage: 7 slashing
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:16 | 14
Damage: 11 slashing
Malied:Shield
Simon N. (GM):it bounces off
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Erasmus:Ncie!
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d3
(
3
)
=
3
Malied:I think I got their attention earlier >.>
Simon N. (GM):1 grick attacks Erasmus
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:24 | 12
Damage: 6 + 10 slashing
Beak
Grick
Attack:19 | 15
Damage: 6 piercing
Erasmus:"Bleurgh!
Simon N. (GM):22 dmg
Erasmus:"Ow!
Simon N. (GM):scenting blood. the last one also heads for Erasmus
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:18 | 20
Damage: 10 slashing
Beak
Grick
Attack:11 | 7
Damage: 7 piercing
Erasmus:Bite misses
Simon N. (GM):E is well chewed :)
Erasmus:6/38HP
Simon N. (GM):The wounded Carrion Crawlers disengage and scuttle away
Jyrdani sees a mass of crawlers approaching from the south.
Chris T.:The hammer of Moradin moves to continue its work and Fraener brings down holy radiance upon the same creature. DC12 Dex.
rolling 1d20+4
(
8
)
+4
=
12
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 11 | 3
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8 # radiant
(
8
)
=
8
done
Simon N. (GM):it sqawcks angrily
Chris T.:unless 12 hits?
Simon N. (GM):ac 14
Chris T.:thanks
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus, breathing heavily, tries to bat the the grick in front of him.
Erasmus Bos:
27
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit
Erasmus:still up? He'll hit it again!
Simon N. (GM):ok :)
lost Tim?
I'll go get a drink BRB
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Lagging maybe
Erasmus:Hello?
Malied:hey mate
Erasmus:Am I back?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Yup
Erasmus:I'll try reloading.
Simon N. (GM):hi tim
Chris T.:Oh! Ted snuck in? :)
Malied:Do you guys think you can save me from these grick before they go next?
otherwise I need to blow another spell slot and risk gett mullered
Chris T.:Don't think I can help, James.
Erasmus:I think I'm in now.
Simon N. (GM):you are tim
Geoff:On Norrin's next turn he'll help you out. it's clear in front of him.
Erasmus:I rolled a 21 to hit for 13 damage, but it's not showing her (it is on the log on D&D Beyond) ;)
Geoff:Woops, didn't see the wall there.
Erasmus:*on here
Qiviel:(James, Q will try but dice gods aren't favorable to me)
Malied:sod it, i'll just have to risk the op attacks
Simon N. (GM):It's not in the chat log here Tim so roll again
Erasmus Bos:
14
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
11Bludgeoning Damage
Erasmus:Alright. That'll do.
Simon N. (GM):E kills it!
Chris T.:yay
Erasmus:Flurry of Blows!
Erasmus Bos:
15
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
24
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
5Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):E punches a Grick
#Malied
Malied:ok, this is a waste but
burning hands, sculpt around Q&J
12
Self (15-foot cone)
Burning Hands (+8)
DC16
Half damage
Dexterity Save
All Creatures within a 15 foot cone
12Fire
Simon N. (GM):ok that gets 2 gricks
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 7 | 16
Dexterity
Grick
Ability: 13 | 16
both fail, 1 is killed
Malied:and the other isn't....sigh, end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:Alright, here we go.
14
 
 
10
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
13
13
 
 
15
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
10
Simon N. (GM):hit & miss
Geoff:end
Simon N. (GM):#strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Move an attack the worm
14
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
12Slashing
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):killed
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack the south worm
21
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
16Slashing
Simon N. (GM):Excruciator likes Gricks :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"There are more of those big yellow fellas coming from down here!"
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Can she sheath Ironwolf then throw a javelin?
Simon N. (GM):yeah ok
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
20
Javelin ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
9Piercing Damage
Then can she redraw Ironwolf (2 attacks per action)
Simon N. (GM):(OK) #Qiviel
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Ta
Qiviel:Q will move up and attack those other two around Malied
13
 
 
27
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
12 + 1Slashing
10
 
 
14
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
9Slashing
Simon N. (GM):miss ac 14
Qiviel:Or not. :(
Simon N. (GM):Q's dice have returned to normal :/
The surviving gricks snap at Malied
Malied:boo!
Simon N. (GM):
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:18 | 11
Damage: 8 slashing
any shield?
Malied:sigh, shield
Simon N. (GM):must be getting low >:)
Malied:last lvl1 slot -.-
Simon N. (GM):
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:14 | 18
Damage: 8 slashing
Malied:only 2 lvl3 now then I'm tapped
Simon N. (GM):The Crawlers move along the mine walls as they close in
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"By the Gods!"
Simon N. (GM):right hand one vs J
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:20 | 17
Damage: 5 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:miss
AC21
Simon N. (GM):left
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:14 | 28
Damage: 4 + 2 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:6 | 23
Damage: 8 piercing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc tim could you go and finish the two worms attacking Malied?
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani bats away the tentacles and dodges the bite.
Malied:ooc it would be appricated so I can start lobbing some firebaklls >:)
Chris T.:Fraener moves to plug the gap and defend Jyrdani's flank. Bonus action to move and attack with spiritual hammer. Action to attack with mace.
Simon N. (GM):ok
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+4 # spiritual hammer
(
2
)
+4
=
6
rolling 1d20+8 # mace
(
9
)
+8
=
17
Simon N. (GM):17 hits
ac 13
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8+6
(
6
)
+6
=
12
done
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Seeing the oncoming swarm, Erasmus pulls a potion of healing from his belt and necks it.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
9
Potion of Healing(2d4 + 2)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:fuck balls
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):diengaged
and move
Malied:disengage
Erasmus:Sorry - one hit could take me down.
Malied:waste of a turn
end turn
Chris T.:No worries, Tim. Wise move
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):better alive than dead
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:
25
 
 
10
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
10
25
 
 
21
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
15
Two against the one in front of him
Simon N. (GM):N kills it
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yeah no worries Jyr and Fraener will give us time
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cast fire bolt on the weaken carrion
20
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
9Fire
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Two swings with Ironwolf.
18
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
24
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
6Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):badly wounded
#Qiviel
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She growls, menacingly at the monstrosity.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Q finish the baby worm
Qiviel:
19
 
 
8
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
11Slashing
Simon N. (GM):hit
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):not dead damn
Qiviel:
22
 
 
10
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
10Slashing
She hits it again with a scowl
Simon N. (GM):& hit - badly wounded
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):here they come
Simon N. (GM):it snaps back at Q
Tentacles
Grick
Attack:10 | 7
Damage: 6 slashing
wounded cc disengages & flees
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn it thats the tird one to run
Simon N. (GM):1 crawler vs J
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:12 | 21
Damage: 5 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:12 | 12
Damage: 7 piercing
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:both miss
Simon N. (GM):1 vs F
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:11 | 24
Damage: 4 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:20 | 18
Damage: 6 piercing
Chris T.:miss
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Erasmus Bos:
25
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
7Piercing Damage
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:(Sorry)
Chris T.:Fraener disengages to make space for our warriors then bonus action attack on the one on J.
rolling 1d20+4
(
5
)
+4
=
9
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#E
Erasmus:Now he'll throw his darts!
Erasmus Bos:
12
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
7Piercing Damage
18
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
8Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):1 hit
#Malied
Malied:Feeling rather tapped out, Malied unloads his secret weapon
Fireball here
that shiould get them all including the one retreating
Simon N. (GM):6 crawlers in blast!
Chris T.:yay
Malied:
DC16
half damage
Dexterity Save
A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd.
25Fire
Sphere (20 foot radius)
Fireball
hmm, not great damage
Erasmus:but not terrible
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):but just enough hopefully
Simon N. (GM):The fireball washes over the crawlers...
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 20 | 10
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 20 | 17
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 9 | 14
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 4 | 9
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 16 | 19
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:Norrin moves up to the space recently vacated by Fraener, and attacks.
One on the right
28
 
 
21
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
9 + 8
22
 
 
28
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
9 + 6
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Simon N. (GM):17+9 = 26 dmg?
Geoff:yes
Simon N. (GM):wounded but alive
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
fire bolt the weaken carrion
24
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
6Fire
damn weak ass damage
Simon N. (GM):still up
#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Imaginatively and with characteristic originality...
Two swings...
12
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
12Slashing Damage
12
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM)::)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Grraargh!"
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Is that little one still in reach?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Qiviel:
11
 
 
8
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
10Slashing
23
 
 
12
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
11Slashing
Simon N. (GM):You put it to the sword
Qiviel:She swats at it before turning to go join the others
Can she fit in beside Norrin?
Simon N. (GM):Yep
Wounded crawler Disengages & scuttles
left crawler vs Jyrdani
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:15 | 28
Damage: 6 + 4 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:24 | 23
Damage: 10 + 7 piercing
bite for 17!
Chris T.:ouch
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:As she deflects the tentacles, the mandibles sink into her arm.
Simon N. (GM):Right crawler vs Qiviel
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:17 | 9
Damage: 3 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
Bite
Carrion Crawler
Attack:19 | 14
Damage: 7 piercing
deflected
Chris T.:Sacred Flame DC12 Dex and spiritual hammer v the one on J.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+4
(
10
)
+4
=
14
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 7 | 3
2 hits
Chris T.:
rolling 2d8+2
(
1
+
3
)
+2
=
6
done
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
out of darts in quiver
Erasmus:Huh? 14left
Simon N. (GM):Yeah but I house rule you can have 4 thrown weapons in a quiver and use as ammunition
otherwise object interaction to retrieve so you only get 1 attack
Erasmus:oh. Well, in that case, Erasmus will restock his quiver.
Done.
Simon N. (GM):OK
Malied:Malied says to the retreating Carrion "oh no you don't..."
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:fireball, same place, catch the retreating one again >:)
DC16
half damage
Dexterity Save
A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd.
27Fire
Sphere (20 foot radius)
Fireball
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice
Malied:scupult as required to protect others
Simon N. (GM):they're ok
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 6 | 8
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 17 | 9
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 6 | 19
Dexterity
Carrion Crawler
Ability: 17 | 10
FWOOSH
Malied:THERE IS NO RETREAT FROM MALIED
bonus action - look smug
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Malied:end turn
Simon N. (GM):3 killed. 2 scorched
LOL
Chris T.::D
Erasmus:Noice!
Qiviel::D
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:2 attacks against right CC
17
 
 
10
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
8
Malied:btw that was my last spell slot, so please finish them :P
Geoff:
25
 
 
10
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
15
Simon N. (GM):killed
Geoff::D
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):move and attack
15
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
12Slashing
24
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
14Slashing
Simon N. (GM):exactly killed :)
go out of combat?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Chris T.:There'sone skulking somewhere?
Simon N. (GM):a couple fled
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Let's chase the other ones down. We shall cleanse this place!"
Geoff:"I was fighting one that fled north."
Qiviel:(nice job everyone :) )
Chris T.:Yeah, well played everyone
Simon N. (GM):can stay in init if you're chasing
#Jyrdani
Qiviel:"And many came from the south," Q notes.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Listening out for any signs of them or anything else.
Simon N. (GM):you can roll Per as an action
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
17
Perception(+4)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Malied:
14
PERCEPTION (4)
Simon N. (GM):You hear the sound of water dripping into water ahead/right (SE)
#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q double moves to follow - calling back to the others they are heading south to investigate
Simon N. (GM):Looks like branching tunnels ahead
#Fraener
Chris T.:F dashes 50' and bonus action the hammer 20' to his side. (round 6 of SH) done.
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus moves up beside Jyrdani. She looks at him and suggests he get some healing again, while there's a lull.
Erasmus Bos:
7
Potion of Healing(2d4 + 2)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:Double dash to catch up with the others
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Malied:end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Geoff:...Also dashes to catch up to everyone else.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):dash
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani move next to Strohm and looks into the chamber for any more signs of enemies.
"There's one in here!"
Simon N. (GM):J sees a wounded crawler
#Qiviel
it lashes out (Readied)
Qiviel:Q uses a spear
Simon N. (GM):
Tentacles
Carrion Crawler
Attack:19 | 13
Damage: 4 poison
and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the poison on itself on a success.
they clatter off her armour
Qiviel:
26
 
 
21
20/60
Spear (thrown) (+6)
9 + 4Piercing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice
Simon N. (GM):nailed it!
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):ok I'll go out of combat
Qiviel:She collects her spear
Simon N. (GM):2-8. Carrion Crawler Nest (EL 9)
This chamber is somewhat rounded and shows signs of having
been mined at some point in the past, judging from piles of stones
and other debris that lie in heaps within the room. Several
broken pushcarts rest alongside the bones of dead miners.
Erasmus Bos:Erasmus joins Jyrdani. "Were you hurt at all?"
Simon N. (GM):Silvery nuggets glint among the stones
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"I minor scratch."
"Let's see what we can find in here."
Chris T.:F casts an experienced eye over the silver metal
Simon N. (GM):2-3. Cavern of the Gricks (EL 9)
This cavern is filled with stalagmites and stalactites that reach
to each other from floor to ceiling
Qiviel:Q picks some up, "What's this then?"
Simon N. (GM):Fraener - looks like about 10 lb weight of mithril in 100 lb of stone
Geoff:Norrin cautiously eyes the ceiling, warily watching for creatures that attack from above.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani rolls the crawler corpse to one side to see if anything got hidden beneath it.
Simon N. (GM):It would take a few hours to break out the silver nuggets
Chris T.:ooc come backtoit?
Simon N. (GM):Doesn't seem to be any other treasure here
(From Ted): can i join now?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"if its all clear should we continue?'
Simon N. (GM):sure
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"we can carry that without too much issue, I'm sure. Let you take your time extracing the metal?"
Ted:Ted stands, squints in discomfort and exhales, "pheewee, dude, too many mushrooms." Then shaking his head, hitches up his pants. Seeing you, he looks startled, embarrassed for a moment, then winks at Quivel. "Hey, guys, how you doin'?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc Ted youre here?
Simon N. (GM):Ted you turn up & greet Ilyria & Syrus? :)
Chris T.:Fraener jumps out of his skin as Ted appears from the gloom
Qiviel:Q pockets the piece she was holding as she turns to Ted, squinting at him. She pokes him with the butt of her spear cautiously. "Mushrooms, hm?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):there you are:D
Simon N. (GM):@Matt place your token as desired
Geoff:"Oh, sure, he shows up after we do all the hard work!" Norrin says, grinning.
Ted:hey guys, er watch yer step round the corner heh heh
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:(Jyrdani has about 140lb carrying capacity spare)
Simon N. (GM):GM: You can load up the ore
Chris T.:cool
Geoff:Norrin can carry some, too.
Malied:Malied is going to rit cast detect magic while the others are loading up
Ted:Woah mithral
Simon N. (GM):The whole place has faint Alteration magic
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Added it all to Jyrdani's equipment.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Malied you sense something"
Malied:"The whole place has a faint Alteration magic about it"
"nothing specific about it though, no central point to pin point"
Ted:urg
Erasmus:"Can you sense a source, perhaps?"
Ted:poke
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"thats a shame hopefully we can find the source and end it"
Qiviel:Q will wander back with Ted and also poke at the bodies
Malied:"like I said, no central point, it's probably the rok masking the source of all this"
rock*
Erasmus:"Well, let us know if you sense any change in intensity as we go."
Ted:pretty gross eh Q?
Qiviel:"You should have seen them earlier. Tentacles and what not. And you missed the heat-thriving mould. Interesting times."
Simon N. (GM):Fraener - looks like water at the end of the east tunnel
Malied:@smn does this count as a short rest?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):seeing Ted and Q poking the worms "leave them alone we have a whole cave system to explore"
Malied:or just general chatting?
Simon N. (GM):You may SR if you want
Malied:woot!
Ted:sounds terrible teds laugh is like a blocked drain
Malied:spell regain
Qiviel:Q chuckles and heads to follow Strohm.
Malied:now 1 fireball, a bunch of lvl ones....
Erasmus:"Malied, you look like you could perhaps do with one of these." He offers over a potion of healing.
Malied:or*
full health, but thanks anyway
Simon N. (GM):9 The cavern is damp and cold, with water dripping from the
ceiling into a large silvery pool in the center of the chamber.
Erasmus:(Oh, I thought you took a hit. Nevermind then.)
Malied:blew everything to keep myself healthly :P
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"empty t the naked eye becareful everyone"
Ted:Hey Q what are we doing here? What's the op Top?
Geoff:"Should we examine that pool?"
Simon N. (GM):>>Arcane Recovery
You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.<<
Malied:@smn I'm guessing its been 8 hours since we first set off from town, so i'll recast mage armour
Simon N. (GM):You can recover fireball but that'd be all
Erasmus:"I'm not sure that pool looks entirely natural. Be careful if you're investigating it."
Qiviel:"Dealing with monsters, at the moment," she replies.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"lets but lets practice caution we dont know would come out of it"
Malied:yea, i'm, choosing to regain 3 lvl 1 slots
Qiviel:Q readies her sword
Simon N. (GM):Got about an hour left on mage armour I reckon
Ted:yeah yeah of course says Ted from under a shaggy fringe
Malied:ah k, i'll recast it then
Simon N. (GM):OK so no fireball?
Chris T.:F keeps watch on the water and beyond to the NE
Qiviel:"Be on your guard," she warns Ted. "Even the mould was trying to kill us in here. Literally, not figuratively."
Malied:nope, no fireball
Simon N. (GM):People investigating #9 can roll Perception
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
11
PERCEPTION (2)
Erasmus Bos:
21
Perception(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Malied:it would me no armour or shild]
Geoff:
7
 
 
17
PERCEPTION (5)
Ted:Ted scouts about stealthy like
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus spots something clear moving under the water
Qiviel:
16
 
 
11
PERCEPTION (1)
Malied:
22
PERCEPTION (4)
Erasmus:"There's something moving in the pool. It's clear, nothing I've seen before I don't think."
Malied:Malied readies a firebolt
Simon N. (GM):Malied spots it too - looks like a crystal ooze
Malied:"Ooze!"
Erasmus:*Erasmus steps back at the mention of ooze
Ted:Yeah that happens when i eat the shrooms dude
Malied:"everyone step back...let's try and avoid upsetting it"
Erasmus:"Perhaps we leave that one well alone?"
Qiviel:Q edges back.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc did Eramus roleed hit dice?
Geoff:Grimacing, Norrin also steps back.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nodded and step back
Ted:oh that wasn't me ... was it ...
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"we continue the path?"
Malied:sounds good
Erasmus:Good point Strohm, I havent done short rest.
Qiviel:Q continues to inch back towards Ted and away from the Ooze.
Erasmus Bos:
1

custom: roll
(1d8)
Erasmus Bos
Geoff:Let's take the southern tunnel, the northern one looks flooded.
Ted:ok Norrin dude
Erasmus Bos:
4

custom: roll
(1d8)
Erasmus Bos
Ted:stealth ahead
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"agreed Ted coul you lead the way"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
4
Hit Dice
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
7
Hit Dice
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Geoff:OOC: Norrin will also use one hit die for a short rest.
13
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Ted:water on the left
whispers ted
Kenny - Syrus:Hi Everyone! Shall I sing a Song of Rest?
Simon N. (GM):OOC Your 10lb of mithril is worth 1000gp BTW
Kenny - Syrus:(Apologies that I am soooo late)
Erasmus:Hey Kenny!
Chris T.:HiKenny
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh Kenny you here XD
Ted:rubs eyes & peers into the stygian gloom
Erasmus:If you do a Song of Rest, I'll be happy to take it.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):can i do perception here?
Erasmus:d8?
Ted:pst opens up into a big cave dudes
Simon N. (GM):At the end of this long curving corridor is a 25-foot-wide, 40-foot-deep cavern
Kenny - Syrus:Song of Rest is 1d6 (still)!!
Erasmus:Isn't it your inspo die?
Malied:Malied holds a firebolt expecting an attack
Ted:crouch and scan the cave
Kenny - Syrus:(Yep, Inspo die at Level 5 is till 1d6)
Erasmus:Oh, ok. Still better than nothing!
Ted:scan for tracks
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
6

custom: roll
(1d6)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):@Ted there'
Erasmus Bos:
1

custom: roll
(1d6)
Erasmus Bos
Qiviel:Q waits while Ted seems to be sneaking around
Simon N. (GM):s a suspicious looking mound of filth in the middle of the cave
Kenny - Syrus:@Simon - when you are ready, can I have Syrus' token :)
Ted:tsk tsk tsk
Qiviel:(if it looks like mould, don't go within 6' of it.)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Eramus hit dice roll are just unlucky
Erasmus:(It's outside, Kenny
Simon N. (GM):Syrus is at the mine entry chatting w Ilyria
Ted:ssh
Erasmus:Think I may have deleted E & J. -_-
Kenny - Syrus:He hastily runs past her into the caves, pass all the dead bodies while singing a Song of Rest ;)
Simon N. (GM):I see em
Ted:dudes there's some kind of ooze in the cave ted whispers
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):no theyre with me at the water
Malied:"are you sure Ted?"
Qiviel:"Ooze? Like slime?"
Malied:"what colour is it?"
Simon N. (GM):brown-green
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):theyre two pairs of E and J
Ted:maybe its a mold, do i look like druid?
Qiviel:Q edges up closer to have a look.
Erasmus:Strange.
Ted:i wouldnt touch it
Malied:hmm I have an idea
Simon N. (GM):It looks like the slime mold my ex brother in law cultivated on his shower windowsill in Knoxville >:)
Qiviel:
2
 
 
12
PERCEPTION (1)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"theyre are mounds meaning something is hidden beneath the ground"
Qiviel:Q doesn't have a clue :D
Kenny - Syrus:Seeing both Erasmus and Jordan are not looking so good, Syrus gets out 2x scrolls of Cure Wounds and uses a scroll on each of them (2 more CW scrolls left)
Qiviel:"Can anyone make out what it is?"
Malied:nature check on the mound
Chris T.:"I could eradiate it?"
Kenny - Syrus:
Components: V, S
10Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Erasmus:J is full
Kenny - Syrus:
Components: V, S