Loudwater

Loudwater

Wednesday, 19 May 2021

FA1 2-3/11/59 Aberrant Giants

 

Simon N. (GM):GM: Talking with the miners, they give Erasmus a pretty confused account of monsters attacking the mine seemingly both from within and without.
Erasmus:In order to find out as much as they can about the situation in the mines, Erasmus calls the four miners over and buys them all a drink.
"We are travelling adventurers from a little way's north of here. We have seen a number of terrifying things and lived to tell the tale. From what I understand, you four are a lot like us, but dealing with monsters is kind of what we do. However, I am not the sort to stroll into an abomination-infested mine without some kind of clue as to what I may be facing. Now, if you fine chaps would be so kind as to describe, in detail, the things you have seen, how many there were and where they came from, my friends and I will make sure you have as much drink as you need to forget."
"Okay, one at a time. Describe some of these monsters as best you can rmember."
Simon N. (GM):The miners describe a wide variety of strange monsters - some familiar like spiders and carrion crawlers, others like the 'grabbers' just hands glimpsed in the darkness.
Erasmus:"And is there a difference between the things you saw in the mines, as opposed to outside?"
Simon N. (GM):You recognise one sort of tentacled beast as gricks, like the ones encountered at Khundrakar.
"Outside - giants, trolls, ettins! Inside - tentacles, spiders... things that fear the sun. We're well out of it."
Erasmus:"Hmm... so what could perhaps be described as a natural split. Unlikely that the trolls and giants are coming from the mines."
"What about numbers? Do these things appear in groups, or alone? And how big are the groups?"
Simon N. (GM):"Ferg saw a bunch of giants together, he said - he vanished the next day."
"I saw three gricks together, feasting on my friends!"
Erasmus:"Gricks, we understand."
Giants, however..."
@GM - does this sound like usual behaviour for giants?
Simon N. (GM):"I saw one of 'em through the trees! A hill giant, but all twisted like, one eye bigger'n t'other!"
Geoff:"The giants and trolls might just be coming out of the mountains to gather food before the winter," Norrin says quietly.
Simon N. (GM):You can roll Nature
Malied:I'll assist
Erasmus Bos:
21
Nature(+1)
Erasmus Bos
Erasmus:I'll take that!!
Simon N. (GM):Giants do often operate in small groups.
Malied:"They sounds like they are currupted"
Simon N. (GM):The sudden density & variety of monsters certainly seems unusual.
Erasmus:"Indeed. The problem we have is that we have no idea about the source of this corruption. We could spend weeks aimlessly wandering around the hills and find nothing. We need a target."
Geoff:"I say let's start with the mine."
Malied:well, it is possible that the mine is the source, did the giants arrive before or after it was abandoned?
Simon N. (GM):Before - hence miners saw them
Malied:"Hmm, they may have even have been drawn to it
Simon N. (GM):GM: I'll say Syrus turns up
Kenny - Syrus:"Hello!"
Malied:"greetings"
Kenny - Syrus:"Guys you will never guess what!!!"
Geoff:"Syrus! Come join us!"
Kenny - Syrus:"YAYS!!!"
Erasmus:"This is an interesting idea. Should we sleep here tonight, and head to the mine in the morning, then? We don't know that the town won't be attacked during the night now all the farmers have left, it may be helpful us being here."
Geoff:Norrin nods. "Yes, our presence here will give them hope and morale. We can leave in the morning."
Malied:"sounds like a good idea"
Simon N. (GM):Cignor: "I'll have Zedanar get you rooms for the night."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Hey Syrus! You caught up! Excellent!"
Erasmus:"Thank you, both."
"Ah, Syrus! I'm glad you're here!"
Simon N. (GM):GM: Anything else you want to do before bed?
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus will give a regular potion of healing to Erasmus, Jyrdani, Norrin, Qiviel and Malied
Malied:Thats syrus
Erasmus:Erasmus and Jyrdani take Syrus to one side
Kenny - Syrus:"I am now a Potion Brewer!!!"
Malied:I don't think there is anything Malied needs to do
Kenny - Syrus:"I sing as I brew!!!"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Finera you hear that im staying here tonight, if you have me i would like to get to know you better up in my room"
Erasmus:"Thank you, that is generous."
Simon N. (GM):(Strohm roll Persuasion)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
21
PERSUASION (3)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Syrus - I have something for you. A little gift to say thank you for everything you have done for me."
Kenny - Syrus:"Well you 5 are like front liner fighters, thought potion of healings will help" and whispers "and Malied is a bit Squishy!"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc damn ggod start of the session
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani hands over the Greater Healing Potion she bought from Tul
Simon N. (GM):Finira giggles amenably. "Yes sir, let me show you to your room..."
Geoff:"Many thanks, Syrus. I hope to never have to use i!" Norrin grins.
Kenny - Syrus:@Jyrdani - "Wow, this for me??!!"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Indeed."
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus bow "Generous indeed M'lady!"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She looks to Erasmus then back to Syrus, before leaning in conspiratorially
Kenny - Syrus:"what what!?"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Whispering "We have news for you, too."
Kenny - Syrus:"Ohhhh is it a weapon?? Or TREASURE??!!"
Simon N. (GM):Thungor takes Fraener to see his forge. I take it Fraener will guard the village as Chris is away
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus looks excited
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"I am... Well, yes, I suppose you could say I am carrying a very special treasure." She puts her hand, which is joined by Erasmus's, on her belly.
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus looks at her hand, then up to her face, then to Erasmus, then back as her band on her belly "...a baby treasure??"
Erasmus:"It would seem so."
Kenny - Syrus:Eyes widen as Syrus puts his hand deep into his pocket...
Erasmus:Erasmus is grinning rather stupidly
Kenny - Syrus:"And throws a MASSIVE bunch of glitter confetti into the air* "WHHOOOOOPPPP!!!! I am gonna be an UNCLE!!!"
Malied:Malied adurnes upstairs
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani has a very calm, satisfied smile on her lips.
Erasmus:"Godsdammit Syrus!"
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus skips around
Geoff:Norrin spends the evening making small talk with his companions, then retires for the night
Erasmus:"We were trying to be a little less obvious!"
Kenny - Syrus:"Just as well I gave you two the potions of healing then!"
"Well if anyone asks, you can say I am excited to be a potion brewer now"
"There may not may not be glitter confetti in these potions, for an extra kick!" he winks*
Erasmus:"An 'uncle-brewer'? No, I thing our news may be out now."
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus winks at both of them as he skips away to find his room for the night
Erasmus:"We should get some rest. We don't know how long a day we will have tomorrow."
Simon N. (GM):GM: You spend a peaceful and comfy night at the Inn (can recover 1 hp/lvl if below full, and SR of course)
Qiviel:Q finishes her drink and wanders off in the direction of the others, looking for a quiet bed
Erasmus:@GM - Let me know how much to knock off for the miners' drinks.
Malied:topped off and recovered my one expended slot
Simon N. (GM):(drinks 4 sp) Early next morning you assemble for the expedition; the scout Ilyria has offered to guide you through the Moonfo Hills to the mine. Do you want to take horses or not?
Erasmus:"How far is it?"
Malied:"probably best not to, they likely die"
Ilyria:"Six miles - with me, you can be there in two hours on foot. W."e'll need to watch out for monsters, though
Erasmus:"With giants and trolls roaming, horses may be more of a liability."
Geoff:"I agree. It's close enough we can walk."
Erasmus:brb
Qiviel:Q is fine with traveling on foot
Ilyria:nods
Malied:"in that case, lead the way"
Ilyria:"This way..."
Malied:ah we leave Malied cast Mage armour, cos fuck getting merc'd before i can cast it in a battle :P
Simon N. (GM):You take a track north-west from Malthlyn; harvested fields and abandoned farms soon give way to rugged wooded hills. The trail winds up through the hills.
You've gone about three and a half miles through the hills when...
could you put your tokens on the map left/west of Ilyria please, you are heading east/right
Malied:Internet died, sec
Ilyria:"From here north to the Mathen Estate, east to the Mines..."
24
 
 
18
PERCEPTION (4)
Ilyria
"hmm" holds up hand to stop
points out a faint mark on the ground ahead "Giant's track - fresh."
Malied:d/v'd agauin
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"where does the track headed north or east?"
Geoff:"How many?" Norrin asks quietly.
Ilyria:Ilyria sneaks forward to get a better look
23
 
 
18
STEALTH (5)
Ilyria
7
 
 
5
PERCEPTION (4)
Ilyria
"Giant tracks, heading up the hill - look fresh."
Erasmus:"Would we be better off away from the road?"
whispering, by the way.
Ilyria:"Maybe... I have a feeling they're close."
"Looks like two"
rolling d6
(
1
)
=
1
Erasmus:Erasmus pricks his ears.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"should we deal with them or leave them be?"
Qiviel:Q is going to ready sacred weapon but not cast it until they are ready to attack
Geoff:"If we deal with them now, they won't be behind us, and we might get valuable clues from them."
Malied:can you guys read this?
Geoff:yes
Ilyria:y
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yes malied
Erasmus:"And if we have to head back to town, they won't be between us and it."
Ilyria:
rolling d6
(
5
)
=
5
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"lets do it then and if we caught the giants in surprised the better"
Erasmus:(OOC: Jyrdani only has one rage left.)
Geoff:Norrin draws out the duergar greatsword he's been carrying, and will fight without his shield -- AC 19.
Qiviel:(are we fighting them then?)
Kenny - Syrus:"Shall we hide and surprise them??"
Simon N. (GM):GM: Move up to your speed where you're going please
Erasmus Bos:
15
Stealth(+4)
Erasmus Bos
Qiviel:(I don't see the giants - are we able to see them?)
Simon N. (GM):no
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
9
 
 
21
Stealth(+2)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Qiviel:(OK, cool, thanks - thought it was computer problem since everyone else seems to know where to move :D )
Kenny - Syrus:OOC I am just following Eramus/Tim!
Simon N. (GM):
14
 
 
20
STEALTH (5)
Ilyria
Qiviel:(James has been d/c'd so I'll drag Malied around with me until he's stable)
Malied:are we in battle now?
Simon N. (GM):You see two giants as they rise up from the undergrowth and send a very large log rolling in your direction...
you can roll init yes
Geoff:
17
INITIATIVE (2)
Kenny - Syrus:
7.16
Initiative(+4.16)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Qiviel:
9
INITIATIVE (0)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
14.14
Initiative(+2.14)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc holy shit theyre huge
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Hill Giant
Initiative: 1
Kenny - Syrus:Classic Syrus - low roll on init!!!
Erasmus Bos:
10.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
15
INITIATIVE (2)
Erasmus:Muiz - you could almost say that they're... Giant.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lol
Simon N. (GM):Syrus roll a dc 15 dex save vs the rolling log
Malied:wow, suddenly working :/
Kenny - Syrus:
15
Dexterity Save(+6)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Erasmus:(phew!)
Kenny - Syrus:Meets it beats it?
Simon N. (GM):Syrus dodges the log
Kenny - Syrus:PHEW!
Simon N. (GM):Syrus dodges the log
Malied:
20
INITIATIVE (3)
Simon N. (GM):Norrin Strohm Erasmus DC 15 DEX save
Geoff:
19
 
 
15
DEXTERITY (2)
Erasmus Bos:
26
Dexterity Save(+7)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):NOrrin jumps it
so does ERasmus
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
14
DEXTERITY SAVE (2)
Simon N. (GM):Jyrdani DC 13 DEX save (w bbn advtg)
rolling 5d6
(
1
+
6
+
5
+
4
+
3
)
=
19
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
7
 
 
22
Dexterity Save(+2)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oog
oof*
Simon N. (GM):Strohm is hit and crushed for 19 dmg & prone
Ilyria Malied Qiviel DC 12 DEX saves
11
 
 
7
DEXTERITY SAVE (5)
Ilyria
rolling 5d6
(
2
+
3
+
1
+
5
+
2
)
=
13
Qiviel:
3
 
 
14
DEXTERITY SAVE (2)
Malied:
13
 
 
19
DEXTERITY SAVE (3)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 5d6
(
3
+
5
+
1
+
5
+
4
)
=
18
Qiviel:Can I burn an inspiration and use the second roll?
Simon N. (GM):ok
Ilyria was hit and knocked down.
The log finishes rolling through the bushes and crashes onto the trail
OK on init #20 Malied
Malied:not much to do, hold a firebolt till I see something
o, shit, can we see it already?
Simon N. (GM):You see the hill giants as they rise up (95')
Malied:ah k, firebolt between the eyes
22
 
 
17
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
15Fire
end turn
Simon N. (GM):A giant roars in pain
#Norrin
Geoff:Norrin advances 30' and takes up a guard postion. He doesn't want to be too close to them and have no actions left.
Simon N. (GM):(moving through bushes is difficult terrain)
Erasmus:Surely those bushes have been flatten by the log...? :)
Simon N. (GM):broken bush def difficult!
Geoff:only 15' then?
Simon N. (GM):so 15' yup & ready
Geoff:done
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):stands up move a ssquare and fir a firebolt at the injured giant
Simon N. (GM):The giants seem weirdly twisted, just like the miners said, with patches of knobbly & scaly skin, swatches of multicoloured hair, and distorted limbs.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
24
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
14Fire
Erasmus:(Bugger. Forgot to ask if anyone in town had a shortbow I could buy.) :(
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):bonus action second wind and end turn
9Heal
Second Wind
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Looking over at Norrin, she decides discretion is the better part of valour.
She hefts her shield and readies her sword.
Done
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus, surprised at Jyrdani's restraint, moves in beside her and readies his staff.
done
(Ilyria's not on Init)
Qiviel:Q double moves up front
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Initiative: 7
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Don't go too far, Lady Q!"
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus moves forward as he takes out a scroll
(Apologies not from scroll!)
Erasmus:"Nor you, Syrus!"
Kenny - Syrus:I cast SHATTER!
Simon N. (GM):Ilyria casts cure wounds on self
Kenny - Syrus:
DC15
Constitution Save
Components: V, S, M(a chip of mica)
8Thunder Damage
60ft. (Sphere 10ft.)
Shatter
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
(Bad damage roll!)
Simon N. (GM):
5Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Ilyria
Kenny - Syrus:I should get both Trolls...
I mean Giants!
Simon N. (GM)::)
yes
Constitution
Hill Giant
Ability: 19
Constitution
Hill Giant
Ability: 5
one on right takes 8
Kenny - Syrus:Half damage on the suceeded Giant
(Finish with movement)
Simon N. (GM):The giants roar and head down the slope, hefting spiked greatclubs
The one on the left swings at Qiviel (out of her melee range)
rolling 3d10+5
(
8
+
8
+
7
)
+5
=
28
Qiviel:She hefts her shield and winces when it practically crunches her arm
Muiz:holy damed
Simon N. (GM):hits her for 28
Kenny - Syrus:WOW!
Erasmus:3D10! OMG!!
Geoff:uh oh
Qiviel:Ow.
Simon N. (GM):The one on the right throws a rock at Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Cannot see Quviel's health bar :-P
Simon N. (GM):
Hill Giant
Attack: 21
Kenny - Syrus:OUCH!
Qiviel:that took more than half her health
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d10+5
(
4
+
7
+
2
)
+5
=
18
Kenny - Syrus:Hit
Simon N. (GM):hit Syrus for 18
Kenny - Syrus:@Quviel - Don't forget you have a health potion
Simon N. (GM):#20 Malied
Malied:"How dare he hit you Qiviel! Hit him back quickly!"
Mailed casts Haste on Q
Choose a willing creature that you can see within range. Until the spell ends, the target’s speed is doubled, it gains a +2 bonus to AC, it has advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it gains an additional action on each of its turns. That action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object action.
When the spell ends, the target can’t move or take actions until after its next turn, as a wave of lethargy sweeps over it.
Zoom zoom :P
end turn
Simon N. (GM):30' range
you need to move up
Malied:o shit, move up
Qiviel:(Nice, James :) )
Malied:now end turn
Muiz:concetrate on one giant at a time
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Muiz:so target the weaken one before going on the frest one
Geoff:Action surge -- Norrin charges out of the bush and attacks the giant. "Tempus!" he cries.
Qiviel:(which one was hit with the fire spells?)
Simon N. (GM):4 attacks, AC 13
Geoff:
15
 
 
18
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
15
28
 
 
12
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
14 + 7
10
 
 
18
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
17
20
 
 
24
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
11
Simon N. (GM):15+21+11=47 dmg!
I count
Erasmus:(Woah!) :)
Simon N. (GM):The wounded giant roars
Geoff:Ahahaha!
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Kenny - Syrus:AMAZING!!!
Muiz:moves and cast firebolt at the giant close to Norrin
20
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
12Fire
end turn
Simon N. (GM):scorched
#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani rushes at the now more injured giant, rages, then swings twice with Ironwolf.
(Reckless)
26
 
 
19
Ironwolf - RAGE ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
26
 
 
9
Ironwolf - RAGE ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):stabby slash
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:(Man. such crap damage!)
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Ok... So, Erasmus will charge after Jyrdani, then lay into the giant.
Erasmus Bos:
24
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
9
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
12Bludgeoning Damage
Erasmus:Then flurry of blows
Simon N. (GM):1 hit
Erasmus Bos:
12
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
24
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):miss & hit
he staggers
Erasmus:done
Simon N. (GM):badly wounded & looking surprised
#qiviel
Malied:Zoom zoom
Qiviel:She'll hold this giant's attention to keep it off the others. 2 attacks and then the bonus haste for drinking her potion of healing
Simon N. (GM):ok
Qiviel:
25
 
 
12
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
11Slashing
12
 
 
24
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+7)
14Slashing
Simon N. (GM):1 hit
Qiviel:Oh, I have searing smite - can I add that to the attack?
Simon N. (GM):no but you can add regular smite to dmg
Qiviel:
rolling 2d8
(
5
+
5
)
=
10
for the smite
then healing potion
Hill Giant:"Ow!"
Qiviel:healing potion is 2d4+2 ?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Qiviel:
rolling 2d4+2
(
4
+
3
)
+2
=
9
Simon N. (GM):#syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus fires cross bow at the Giant by Qiviel
22
80ft./320ft.
Crossbow, Light ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
9Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit
Kenny - Syrus:Rushes back a bit into the trees
Then sings to Qiviel (Bardic Inspo: Qiviel now has 1d8 for attack rolls/ability checks/saving throw)
End turn
Simon N. (GM):I'm sure you can't move that far
rem trees are difficult terrain
Kenny - Syrus:30 feet?
OK then move me to wherever nearest...
Simon N. (GM):you do know difficult terrain rule? :)
Qiviel:(whoo bardic inspiration and haste - q is powered up :D )
Simon N. (GM):Ilyria stands up and shoots at the badly wounded giant (right)
26
 
 
23
150/600
Longbow (+7)
Ilyria
7Piercing
Muiz:Nice
Simon N. (GM):The giant crashes to the ground just as it starts to swing at Jyrdani
Muiz:the giant has fallen
Geoff:Woo!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Phew!
Simon N. (GM):The remaining giant swings at hasted Qiviel AC 24
Greatclub, Spiked
Hill Giant
Attack:25 | 14
Damage: 26 bludgeoning
Greatclub, Spiked
Hill Giant
Attack:9 | 15
Damage: 25 bludgeoning
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):crap
Simon N. (GM):first blow puts her down at 0 hp
Qiviel:Well, ouch.
Malied:-.-
Simon N. (GM):she drops shield & not moving so AC 19 in +1 plate, it pounds on her but doesn't penetrate her armour
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):tahnk god gor armour
Simon N. (GM):It heads forward after Malied
It heads forward after Malied
#Malied :)
Malied:Malied in silent rage cast Aganazzar's scorcher
24
Line
Aganazzar’s Scorcher (+8)
DC16
half damage
Dexterity Save
A line of roaring flame 30 feet long and 5 feet wide emanates from you in a direction you choose. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 3d8 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd.
11Fire
-.-
guessing its not dead?
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Hill Giant
Ability: 7 | 0
no
just scorched
Malied:sigh, end turn, nothing I can do
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:Advance and attack
22
 
 
12
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
11
24
 
 
19
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
18
Simon N. (GM):ouch - it staggers under the blows - Geoff looks like you have the +2 for Duelist on dmg, NB you only get that on 1 handed weapons
So 9 & 16
Geoff:Okay, I'll adjust his character sheet then.
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack with Excruciator twice
21
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
12Slashing
24
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
17Slashing
Simon N. (GM):The giant goes down
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani watches Qiviel fall and roars at... well, anyone, really... "HELP HER!"
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Geoff:
19
 
 
23
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
12
27
 
 
26
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
12 + 8
10
 
 
20
5'
+1 Duergar greatsword (+8)
14
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):immediately go to qiviel and give a swing of Gundra healing brew
Geoff:Whoops sorry
Erasmus:Erasmus runs over to Qiviel and pours one of his healing potions down her gullet.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
rolling 2d4+2
(
2
+
2
)
+2
=
6
Simon N. (GM):ok out of combat
Erasmus Bos:
8
Potion of Healing(2d4 + 2)
Erasmus Bos
Qiviel:Q coughs and gasps - "Anyone hurt? Are they dead? Did I die?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):wait were not out of combat?
Erasmus:"Not today."
Kenny - Syrus:I cast Cure Wounds on self from a scroll
Qiviel:"Oh good. Worth it." She rolls over and peels off her helmet and spits blood
Kenny - Syrus:
Components: V, S
10Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Qiviel:"I need a minute," she calls out. "Just a short rest."
Geoff:Norrin wipes the blood from his sword and begins looting the bodies.
Erasmus:Beat me to it!
Ilyria:checks tracks "I think that's all of them - we're good to catch our breath."
Kenny - Syrus:OOC If you use Hit Dice I can sing Song of Rest for extra 1d8 heals?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):sigh in relief Strohm proceed to inspect the giant for loot
Malied:SSigh
Qiviel:Q would like a short rest and would appreciate Syrus' supporting words :)
Ilyria:Possessions: Huge greatclub, large hide armor. The Aberrant
giants also have 506 gp between them in greasy leather
sacks that are tucked into their belts.
Malied:So how did going at super speed feel Q?
Simon N. (GM):GM: You Short Rest
Qiviel:"Like I could taste sunlight," she replies back.
6
HIT DICE (D10+2)
Kenny - Syrus:Sings to the tune of Britney’s “Oops I did it again…
“Oops I healed you again…”
Qiviel:
rolling 1d8
(
6
)
=
6
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"how were these giant monstrocities have so much gold on their person"
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d10+2
(
1
)
+2
=
3
Qiviel:
5
HIT DICE (D10+2)
rolling 1d8
(
6
)
=
6
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d10+2
(
4
)
+2
=
6
Erasmus:63gp each, inc. Ilyria, with 2 left over.
Geoff:Blowing a sigh of relief, and glad to see Q sitting up, Norrin says, "Probably from looting the farms and caravans that come through here."
Qiviel:
5
HIT DICE (D10+2)
rolling 1d8
(
6
)
=
6
Ilyria:"Thanks"
Erasmus:(You only get the song of rest die once.)
Qiviel:Q nods to Syrus. "My thanks for the lovely tune. I feel much better."
Erasmus:"Ilyria, do their track go any further, perhaps up the hill?"
Qiviel:(Ah, I thought it was per dice, damn, not as healed up as I would like then)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):replying to Norrin "porbably just goes to show theyre have been terrorizing for quiet a while with this much gold can be found on these giants"
Qiviel:
8
HIT DICE (D10+2)
Ilyria:"They were camped out here, waiting to ambush travellers on the track"
scouts around
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus gives Erasmus his extra Potion of Healing (standard)
Ilyria:
6
 
 
14
SURVIVAL (4)
Ilyria
Erasmus:(Erasmus will assist for advantage, or I can roll too?)
Qiviel:Q shakes out her arms, examines her armor and shield, spits out some more blood then pulls her helmet back on and looks around to see where she can help
Ilyria:It rained overnight & she can't pick up a further trail
Erasmus can roll w disad for the rain
Erasmus Bos:
10
 
 
13
Survival(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus finds trampled grass to the east.
Ilyria:"Looks like they came from the direction of the mine - monsters have been congregating there, it seems."
Erasmus:"Hmm, okay. I was wondering if they maybe had a stash nearby."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
6
HIT DICE (D10+2)
Ilyria:"We're less than three miles to the mine"
rolling d8
(
5
)
=
5
Kenny - Syrus:@Strohm remember add 1d8 for Song of Rest if you are spending hit dice
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
rolling 1d8
(
5
)
=
5
Geoff:"Let's get to the mine."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thanks kenny im back to full health :D
Erasmus:"Thanks for the potion, Syrus. I'm pretty good at the moment though. I still have two - would you not be better using this one?"
Ilyria:Ilyria leads you east down the mine trail...
Simon N. (GM):About an hour later you come out in a small, sparsely wooded valley
Kenny - Syrus:@Erasmus "You keep them all - I see you are also the Emergency Services now!"
(From Strohm of Leth (Muiz)): can i change my hp back to full after the short rest?
Erasmus:"If you're sure, my friend."
Simon N. (GM):At the head of the valley is a distinct mound or hillock from which wooden cart-rails run
@Muiz deduct hit dice and roll them normally
You've gone to black & white, reverse Wizard of Oz :)
Kenny - Syrus::))))
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i did it before
Simon N. (GM):Directly ahead,
the tracks pass straight through a thorn bush. Brush and
shrubbery partially conceal the main mine entrance.
1A: Main Mine Entrance
The main entrance to the mines is cavern-like. The
cavern is timbered, and the unused cart track down its
Simon N. (GM):center descends into darkness
1B: Northwestern Rails
These narrow rails end in a confusion of overgrown weeds
and broken tracks..
make sure the hp on your tokens are correct
& the hit dice
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yup
Kenny - Syrus:Actually I forgot to do Hit Dice myself!
rolling 1d8+2
(
6
)
+2
=
8
rolling 1d8
(
6
)
=
6
Geoff:Norrin rested at the inn, but didn't get up to full. He didn't get hit by the giants. 42/49, okay for now.
Simon N. (GM):turned on fog of war
Kenny - Syrus:Blackness!!
Simon N. (GM):So there's a causeway up to the mine entrance; traversable lesges to left & right - b & c on map
Erasmus:Can we see tracks or the like around the entrance?
Simon N. (GM):The hill itself looks steep with a good deal of scree, making a climb dangerous
You can roll Survival Erasmus
Erasmus Bos:
10
Survival(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):You spot some giant sized tracks on the causeway ahead of you
Erasmus:What about the bushes? Do they look damaged, like a giant had passed through them?
Simon N. (GM):no
Erasmus:And does the entrance look big enough for a giant?
Simon N. (GM):yes
Erasmus:But the bushes are growing there, rather than being placed as camouflage?
To the group: "Ok, it looks like giants have been here, but not as though they come out of the mine. Before we go in, should we check the surroundings?"
Qiviel:"Is it worth checking for other entrances?"
"Or follow back where the giants have come from?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc what time of day is it? will it take too long to explore the area?
Simon N. (GM):It's about 10am
Geoff:"Maybe make a cursory examination of the area, just to make sure we're alone. We wouldn't want something sneaking up on us from behind."
Simon N. (GM):You left town at 7am
Erasmus:How easy does it look to get past the bush on the path to the right?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Hmm better to check for any threats before entering a dangerous cave, i agree to explore around a bit"
Simon N. (GM):You could push through the thorny bush. Ilyria might get scratched :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc should we burn the bush away
Malied:on it
Qiviel:Or Q can cut some down?
Malied:firebolt it all away
Simon N. (GM):GM: You notice smoke rising to the NW
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc a camp fire?
Erasmus:"Maybe not just yet, eh Malied."
Simon N. (GM):The curve of the hill conceals the origin, but looks like a large campfire, few hundred feet away
Erasmus:Can we head over to these bushes to perhaps get a better view? Quietly.
Simon N. (GM):It's about 30' down into the valley
With a steep cliff
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"were invvestigating the smoke?"
Erasmus:Hmm. Perhaps we head around to the east, or we hug the hill to the west.
Geoff:If we follow the tracks to the west, could we get a better view of the campfire?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"if burning is not recommended should we hack our way through the bush?"
Simon N. (GM):looks like Norrin
Qiviel:(Q isn't great with quiet, she'll tiptoe but still clank a little)
Erasmus:"Whatever we do, we need to be quiet for now."
Ilyria:produces a big knife "Hacking is good."
Geoff:"Let's take a look at the smoke from above, just following the tracks, then let's decide if we want to investigate that, or enter the mine.'
Erasmus:"Ok. Who's coming with me to have a quick peek?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"i cant say im quite so i dont recommend myself"
Erasmus:Erasmus will creep along the side of the hill until he can just see around the edge.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc wish you luck Eramus
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus can see the undergrowth where the rails end
can move again
roll Stealth & Perception
Erasmus Bos:
21
Stealth(+4)
Erasmus Bos
7
Perception(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):can move again
rolling d6
(
6
)
=
6
Erasmus sees several giant figures sat by a fire (just on the edge of sight)
rolling d6
(
6
)
=
6
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc several oh damn
Erasmus:Move a little closer to try and see how many.
Still hugging the wall.
Ok. Backing away.
Simon N. (GM):The wide ledge halts at a flat platformlike area. To the
right of the PCs, a bolder blocks a collapsed mine entrance.
Several aberrant giants and trolls mill about the area, as
something boils on a cook fire.
rolling d6
(
1
)
=
1
Erasmus:Make way back to group to report.
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus trips on the hidden rope he somehow missed last time... there is a rumbling sound...
Kenny - Syrus:o_O
Simon N. (GM):A landslide tumbles down the hill towards him!
Kenny - Syrus:STep of the Wind!!!!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Run Eramus run
Simon N. (GM):dc 15 dex save please
Erasmus:(Damn 7 Perception!) PP is still 15 though...
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 4d6
(
5
+
1
+
5
+
3
)
=
14
Erasmus Bos:
27
Dexterity Save(+7)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus leaps aside, just getting hit by a few stray stones (7 dmg), as the landslide crashes through the undergrowth and into the valley below.
Erasmus:Under his breath... "Shit - I think they may know we're here!"
Simon N. (GM):The giants roar, rising to their feet!
Kenny - Syrus:"Not a bad thing that we draw them out as opposed to we all go into fighting a group of them maybe?"
Erasmus:Rush back to the group to warn them of the coming group
Simon N. (GM):OK roll init
Qiviel:Q hefts her sword and calls up Sacred Weapon
Erasmus Bos:
24.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Hill Giant
Initiative: 16
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
16
INITIATIVE (2)
Qiviel:
18
INITIATIVE (0)
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Troll
Initiative: 4
Kenny - Syrus:
17.16
Initiative(+4.16)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Geoff:"Troll," Norrin moans. 'Why does it have to be trolls?"
Malied:
9
INITIATIVE (3)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
11.14
Initiative(+2.14)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Initiative: 12
Geoff:
5
INITIATIVE (2)
Qiviel:"Um, I think it's Giants, not Trolls, if that helps?" Q says to Norrin
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Geoff:"Giants just hurt you. Trolls hurt you repeatedly."
Erasmus:"I saw three giants and a troll- They're coming this way now!"
Qiviel:Q touches her chest with her shield. "Then we had better hurt them first."
Geoff:Longsword and shield for Norrin, AC 22
Erasmus:Heads back to the group. Doesn't want to get caught too far away.
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Kenny - Syrus:@DM is each square 5 feet? The map itself says each square is 10 feet....
Qiviel:"They can't fit into that smaller entrance, right? At least not the giants?"
She nods past the bushes
Erasmus:The grid on the map is 10', the Roll20 grid is 5'
I thought the same at first Kenny, but you can just make out the larger squares on the map.
Simon N. (GM):the entrance is about 15' across
Qiviel:"So, should we go hide inside?"
Simon N. (GM):yeah as Tim says the faint squares are 10', the Roll20 grid is 5' of course
Kenny - Syrus:"The Troll will fit through the cave though..."
Qiviel:"Yes, but only one at a time!"
Erasmus:"There are narrow portions of the ledge. We could try to block them at one of those."
Simon N. (GM):even a hill giant can fit in a 15' cave, but only 1 w/out squeezing
#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:I keep pace with Erasmus and Qiviel
Simon N. (GM):then #Strohm
Geoff:"We could do that, just like at Rockwood Hold. One orc at a time in the entrance."
Kenny - Syrus:End turn
Erasmus:"Difference with this mine it that we don't know what's on the other side."
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"rather than going to the tunnel couldnt we force the giant to come one at a time on the road as there is a cliff"
Geoff:Norrin grimaces. "That is true, we wouldn't know what's behind us."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Moves to Erasmus
Malied:yea, I'd prefer to be further away from the entrance (inside the mine, but I would rather not s=attact something nasty at the rear :/
Simon N. (GM):#Malied #Norrin
Malied:moving up hold firebolt
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):can imove behind Eramus as i skipped my turn before?
Simon N. (GM):ok
#Erasmus
Erasmus:"Advancing, or Mine?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thanks
Kenny - Syrus:"I fear we will get blocked in with Giants/Trolls behind us too?"
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Erasmus:"Head up the track.
Simon N. (GM):ok
#Syrus
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):moves up
and hold action Fir Bolt
Kenny - Syrus:Same going up to Erasmus
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end tunr
fire fire bolt?
Simon N. (GM):ok
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):fire at the nearest giant
23
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
10Fire
Simon N. (GM):hit
Malied:o shit my firebolt would have gone off
Simon N. (GM):you can shoot M
Malied:
18
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
12Fire
Simon N. (GM):85
FOR DESCRIPTION ONLY
Hunter's Mark
Divination 1
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 90 feet
Target: A creature that you can see within range
Components: V
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 hour
You choose a creature you can see within range and mystically mark it as your quarry. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 damage to the target whenever you hit it with a weapon attack, and you have advantage on any Wisdom (Perception) or Wisdom (Survival) check you make to find it. If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to mark a new creature.
At Higher LevelsWhen you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd or 4th level, you can maintain your Concentration on the spell for up to 8 hours. When you use a spell slot of 5th level or higher, you can maintain your concentr⁠ation on the spell for up to 24 hours.
SPELL SAVE DC: 12
weird there's no bullseye marker
18
 
 
22
150/600
Longbow (+7)
Ilyria
4Piercing
rolling d6
(
4
)
=
4
#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:*Moves up next to Syrus
one step forward
Simon N. (GM):sorry #Malied
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Throws Javelin,
Simon N. (GM):then #Norrin
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:steps back
Qiviel:James' connection just dropped
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
21
Javelin ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
9Piercing Damage
Geoff:Move next to Syrus. end turn.
Simon N. (GM):Giant roars as he's hit w firebolts & javelin
Qiviel:James says Malied would do firebolt
Simon N. (GM):ok
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Oh man. How long has he been waiting to use fireball?
Malied:oo, back on
Kenny - Syrus:FireBALL?
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:FIREBALL
DC16
half damage
Dexterity Save
A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd.
28Fire
Sphere (20 foot radius)
Fireball
SO MUCH LAG
"boom baby@
Kenny - Syrus:Wooooo!
Malied:end turn
Geoff:Awesome!
Malied:did it cause a landslide? xD
Kenny - Syrus:LOVE the token!!
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Hill Giant
Ability: 4 | 15
Dexterity
Hill Giant
Ability: 4 | 17
Dexterity
Hill Giant
Ability: 15 | 0
Erasmus:Heck YEAH!!
Simon N. (GM):They all take 28 dmg
Qiviel:whoo!
Simon N. (GM):The #trolls flinch at the sight of the inferno sweeping over the giants
rolling 2d6
(
4
+
5
)
=
9
& scurry off
Malied:xD
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus rushes forward, throws two darts, then falls back into position
Erasmus Bos:
27
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
6 +Piercing Damage
 
 
4 +Piercing Critical Damage
24
20ft./60ft.
Dart ()
Erasmus Bos
6Piercing Damage
Erasmus:12dmg
Simon N. (GM):Why not 16?
Erasmus:BA Patient Defence
oh, it's two attacks. of course!
16 dmg
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:She'll move up in front of the squishier members and ready an attack
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus backs up a bit
Casts HYPNOTIC PATTERNS on all three Giant
DC15
Wisdom Save
Components: S, M(a glowing stick of incense or a crystal vial filled with phosphorescent material)
Simon N. (GM):
Wisdom
Hill Giant
Ability: 2 | 18
Wisdom
Hill Giant
Ability: 0 | 15
Wisdom
Hill Giant
Ability: 7 | 9
Kenny - Syrus:Whooop! They all failed!!!
We can take them down one by one!
You create a twisting pattern of colors that weaves through the air inside a 30-foot cube within range. The pattern appears for a moment and vanishes. Each creature in the area who sees the pattern must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature becomes charmed for the duration. While charmed by this spell, the creature is incapacitated and has a speed of 0.
The spell ends for an affected creature if it takes any damage or if someone else uses an action to shake the creature out of its stupor.
(Or we can run)
Simon N. (GM):The giants stop and stare at the pretty colours.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):advantage to enemy with zero speed right?
Simon N. (GM):eh? no
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh okay
Kenny - Syrus:does "incapacitated" means every hit is critical?
Simon N. (GM):no
Erasmus:Just means no actions or reactions.
Kenny - Syrus:Dammit lhaha
Geoff:They wake us as soon as we hit them.
Simon N. (GM):Incapacitated
An incapacitated creature can’t take Actions or Reactions.
Kenny - Syrus:Let's all hit the same one!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cast fire bolt to the nearest giant
wait nevermind
hold action fire bolt and end turn
Geoff:Let's get into position first, then hit it.
Simon N. (GM):Now its turn has past Ilyria can safely shoot it
19
 
 
27
150/600
Longbow (+7)
Ilyria
6 + 5Piercing
1
90 feet
Hunter's Mark
Ilyria
7 dmg, it comes to its senses but badly wounded
Strohm FB?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yes
23
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+5)
10Fire
laggin a bit
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani runs up to the giant and hacks away with Ironwolf.
20
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
7Slashing Damage
21
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
11Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):The giant screams and topples from the cliff to the rocks below
Kenny - Syrus:"NEXT!!!"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Done
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Kenny - Syrus:We can all ready an action instead of attacking the Giant right away!
Wait until Norrin hits first!
Malied:firebolt the most indured
i think they are not worthy of another fireball :P
12
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
10Fire
Kenny - Syrus:They are not - don't waste it!
Simon N. (GM):miss
Malied:bah, end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:End turn
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus runs up next to the giant, but wait to attack until Ilyria shoots it.
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q readies atta
*an attack
Simon N. (GM):you need to be adjacent to hit it
Qiviel:Then she'll double move and end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus moves up a bit
Readies Vicous Mockery at Giant, trigger is when it takes damage from my pals
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):move next to the giant and ready attack with Excruciator and end turn
Simon N. (GM):Ilyria moves HM & shoots
9
 
 
20
150/600
Longbow (+7)
Ilyria
11Piercing
miss
#Jyrdani
Kenny - Syrus:D'oh!
Erasmus:Readied action
Erasmus Bos:
17
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
23
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):Readied is ONE attack
10 dmg
Erasmus:Oh, ok.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ready action
23
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+8)
13Slashing
Hill Giant:"Ow! Ah!"
Kenny - Syrus:Me three, readied action as Giant took damage
DC15
Wisdom Save
Components: V
4Psychic Damage
60ft.
Vicious Mockery
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Hill Giant:
Wisdom
Hill Giant
Ability: 16 | 2
Kenny - Syrus:D'oh!
Hill Giant:#Jyrdani?
Kenny - Syrus:It rolled higher than expected!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Moves up and takes two swings.
19
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8Slashing Damage
26
Ironwolf ()
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
12Slashing Damage
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Poor giant pinatas
Kenny - Syrus:hehe
Will they spill gold when we smash them?
Simon N. (GM):BRB snack run
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i dont feel bad 2 attacks doing 3d10 i rather avoid that entirely
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Absolutely!
Kenny - Syrus:YEA!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:brb
Kenny - Syrus:Happy the Trolls did not follow!
Geoff:They saw that we can fight with fire, and they didn't want any part of that!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i have a feeling they be coming from the behind
Malied:move up closer to the group then firebolt again
22
120'
Fire Bolt (+8)
8Fire
end turn
Kenny - Syrus:Oh Yea, Trolls don't like fire as they can't regenerate!
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:Move up and attack
13
 
 
11
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
10
14
 
 
28
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)