Loudwater

Loudwater

Saturday, 20 March 2021

FA1 19-29/9/1359 Orcs, Ape Demon, & Flight to Rockwood Hold (553 XP)

 Battles 19/9, rest & train to 29/9.

Simon N. (GM):OK good luck everyone! Esp Syrus!
Muiz:were in the end game now
Chris T.:Good luck Kenny!
Simon N. (GM):#22 Malied
Malied:Here gpoes nothing
move up and burning hands
Kenny - Syrus:Thanks Chris! o_O
Malied:
11
Self (15-foot cone)
Burning Hands (+6)
DC14
Half damage
Dexterity Save
All Creatures within a 15 foot cone
15Fire
Muiz:Oh Yeah
Geoff:Nice
Chris T.:nice
Kenny - Syrus:(WOW, Nice Graphics, Simon!!)
Malied:BURN
Geoff:Whew
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 6 | 15
Malied:>:)
Chris T.:Clean sweep! Yay!
Simon N. (GM):Three orcs scream and burn
end?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc Crom was a very good song
Malied:right, now to get the fuck out of dodge, misty step accross the river then movebehind a tree
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani, angry that the orcs keep hammering her friend, runs around to try to stabilise him.
Malied:OOC I can hit the whole battlefied from afty over here ^^
Simon N. (GM):opp att
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
15
 
 
7
MEDICINE (1)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Orc
Attack:7 | 25
Damage: 12 + 10 slashing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):push him away from the orc first
Simon N. (GM):miss/Eagle Totem
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She then stands over him and roars at the orc leader.
Kenny - Syrus::)))))))))
Simon N. (GM):Jyrdani kneels down and works to stabilise Syrus. The orc boss gets opp att on her I rule while she's doing that
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:9 | 18
Damage: 5 blunt
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:go for it
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Like a mother bear protecting her young cub
Simon N. (GM):miss/eagle totem disad
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Can we say it's at advaantage?
Simon N. (GM):heh no
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i dont get it?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:bonus action, punch herself in the face?
Simon N. (GM):Rage ends
nope
Syrus is sleeping like a baby. Jyrdani feels calm & collected :p
Jyrdani of Jiyyd::(
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin - potion?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:A feeling of relief sweeps over Jyrdani and she calms.
Geoff:Yes, he can't survive another shot from the orc leader
Kenny - Syrus:Phew!
Simon N. (GM):OK you fend off orcs while quaffing potion, roll 8d4+8
Geoff:
rolling 8d4 + 8
(
1
+
3
+
4
+
3
+
3
+
3
+
3
+
4
)
+8
=
32
wow
Simon N. (GM):48/49
Malied:very nice
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc lets bring Norrin to buy potions next time
Geoff:lol
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Surrounded by Orcs Strohm shouted to the sky "THUUUNDAAAR" and cast Thunder wave
Chris T.:cool
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
DC12
Constitution Save
11Thunder
Self (15-foot cube)
Thunderwave
Simon N. (GM):which direction? You can get NW & W or NW & N
(cubes blast out from you)
heh
ok :)
I'm used to 4e squares :)
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 4 | 9
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 13 | 14
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 13 | 11
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn two only half
End turn
Erasmus:Do they have the same CON as the Black Sun orcs?
Simon N. (GM):The orcs rock back from the blast, then return to the attack.
Malied:Aren't those regular orcs? the saves say black orcs
maybe I'm missing something
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):no they look like normal orcs
there are only two black orcs
Simon N. (GM):hum - yeah the normal orcs have a higher CON save :/ - should have been 5-14-14
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh damn
really hoping in killing one orc but thats a failure now i have 3 orcs attacking me
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Kiviel
Qiviel:Q, having taken stock of wtf is going on, downs her secret weapon :) the potion of hill giants strength and heads to help Norrin
Geoff::D
Qiviel:with the goal to drag the group back to gather one by one until they stand together united again
Simon N. (GM):STR 21 (+5) for 1 hour
Sounds like a good plan
Multiattack
Orc, Black Sun
The orc makes two attacks with its maul or with its sling.
Qiviel:(I've updated my character sheet to str 21 from 16 so my rolls hopefully update - will change back after)
Simon N. (GM):on Norrin
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:11 | 8
Damage: 5 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:20 | 18
Damage: 7 blunt
Chris T.::)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):woooo
Simon N. (GM):AC 22, dents shield :)
On Jyrdani
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:13 | 15
Damage: 8 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:7 | 15
Damage: 5 blunt
miss
Chris T.:yay!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani laughs in his face as she parries the blows.
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus, watching his lover tend to his friend, smiles. He then charges the orc to the north.
Erasmus Bos:
27
Erasmus Bos
Erasmus Bos:
13Bludgeoning Damage
 
 
5Bludgeoning Critical Damage
Darkwood Staff
Erasmus Bos
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Erasmus:18dmg
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Oneshot
Kenny - Syrus:WOAH!
Simon N. (GM):wow
Qiviel:(nice!)
Geoff:good shot
Erasmus:He then circles Fraener and unleashes a flurry of blows on the Black Sun orc.
Erasmus Bos:
25
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
5Bludgeoning Damage
Kenny - Syrus:WOW!
Chris T.:nice!
Simon N. (GM):hit
Erasmus Bos:
21
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
5Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit
The orc snarls and turns to face Erasmus
Erasmus:He can't take reactions until the end of my next turn
Simon N. (GM):ok
2 orcs attack Norrin
Aggressive.
As a bonus action, the orc can move up to its speed toward a hostile creature that it can see.
Erasmus:*Erasmus moves away again.
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:21 | 12
Damage: 13 slashing
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:14 | 18
Damage: 10 slashing
AC 22, no dmg!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thank god Norrin is Tanky
Geoff:Can't touch me!
Simon N. (GM):3 orcs attack Strohm
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:11 | 22
Damage: 5 slashing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):no wammies
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:17 | 24
Damage: 15 slashing
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:21 | 10
Damage: 10 slashing
1 hit
Chris T.:ouch
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):no shields anymore
Simon N. (GM):Orc charges Qiviel.
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:10 | 17
Damage: 4 slashing
parried
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):really wish i killed one orc with that Thunderwave but it was for naught
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus sleeps peacefully at 0 hp (no turn)
#Fraener
Kenny - Syrus:Zzzzzz dreaming of a wedding....
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Fraener
Chris T.:Bonus action to use healing word on Syrus.
rolling 1d4+2
(
4
)
+2
=
6
Kenny - Syrus:Wooooo THANK YOU!!!!!
Chris T.:action to Dodge. End turn.
Simon N. (GM):Syrus wakes up! Kenny you can reroll init if you like
Kenny - Syrus:No I stay low, Thanks! :)
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:right, another gamble
sleep at lv 2 centred over Norrin group
19
90 Foot, 20 Foot cone
Sleep
plus 2d8
rolling 2d8
(
8
+
3
)
=
11
Simon N. (GM):that's your last level 2 slot?
Malied:yep
Simon N. (GM):30 hp of sleep
Malied:i figure the orcs must be low
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):two orcs down pretty good
Simon N. (GM):Both regular orcs fall asleep, Norrin & orc boss are ok
Qiviel:(nice :) two sleeping is good!)
Geoff:up
up
Malied:adv pon those 2 unless they are awoken
Simon N. (GM):(at level 1 would have got a 5 hp orc, failed to get 15 hp orc by 1 hp so worth boosting!)
Malied:;)
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani grabs Syrus and drags him as far away as she can get.
30' speed so can she go full with a dash?
Simon N. (GM):OK action to grab/pick up & STR 18 can carry him full speed I reckon 30'
Orc can't opp att apparently (Erasmus!) :p
Kenny - Syrus:(Thank You J!!!)
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:"My turn," Norrin growls at the orc leader -- 2 attacks
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Norrin
Geoff:
14
 
 
17
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
9
28
 
 
21
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
12 + 5
Qiviel:(whoo!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh nk\ice
Simon N. (GM):AC 14, 26 dmg!
Geoff:Sweet!
Simon N. (GM):& I see the 'crit on 19' thing is working! :)
The orc is bleeding badly now
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Attack the weakest orc
22
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
9Slashing
Simon N. (GM):You cut him down
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cant chug a potion of healing so just end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q will turn on her attacker
9
 
 
24
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+8)
2Dueling Style
16Slashing
Simon N. (GM):miss
Qiviel:Really? Really!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn the damage
Simon N. (GM):sigh
Qiviel:I have a lovely potion and that :(
Simon N. (GM):Pallies are good at 5th once they get 2nd attack :)
Qiviel:(I'm waiting for it)
Simon N. (GM):
Multiattack
Orc, Black Sun
The orc makes two attacks with its maul or with its sling.
Orc w Norrin kicks his minions (1 dmg each if hit)
rolling 2d20
(
14
+
17
)
=
31
rolling 2d20
(
14
+
3
)
=
17
(In orc) "Wake up, sleepy-heads!"
Malied:well that was a bit a=of a waste :/
Simon N. (GM):The orcs are rudely awakened
Malied:turn order kinda screwed that up
Erasmus:He didn't attack Norrin, so not a waste.
Simon N. (GM):Orc attacks Erasmus
Malied:this is true
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Orc, Black Sun
Initiative: 8
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:11 | 18
Damage: 12 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:9 | 15
Damage: 9 blunt
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):Miss x2!
Geoff:whew
Erasmus:Erasmus dodges and parries the attacks.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice Eramus safe
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus has 16 hp BTW so could have gone badly...
#Erasmus
Erasmus:...then spins the staff in a flourishing attack of his own
Erasmus Bos:
12
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
6Bludgeoning Damage
Erasmus:Inspiration?
Simon N. (GM):bounces off hide - oh ok :)
Erasmus Bos:
17
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit 6 dmg
Erasmus Bos:
19
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
8Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit 8 dmg
Erasmus:and follows up with a roundhouse kick.
Simon N. (GM):end?
Erasmus:He then moves to covver Jyrdani and Syrus
end turn.
Simon N. (GM):opp att
Erasmus:nope
Erasmus Bos:
Open Hand Technique
Erasmus Bos Class: Monk
While not wearing armor and not using a shield, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + WIS modifier.
Simon N. (GM):yup
Erasmus:It can’t take reactions until the end of your next turn.
Simon N. (GM):>>Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following Effects...<<
You didn't Flurry - not sure if you even have any Ki left
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:24 | 12
Damage: 6 blunt
10/31
Erasmus:I used flurry of blows last turn, and it can't take reactions until the end of my next turn, which is this turn.
Simon N. (GM):ah
Erasmus:(I have 1 Ki left.)
Simon N. (GM):OK
(big thread on ENW on how Monks are so weak & underpowered LOL)
Erasmus:(I don't know what ENW is, but they're probably right!!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):orcs turn?
Simon N. (GM):yup just extending road
2 orcs on Strohm
Erasmus:EEK!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ohh
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:22 | 20
Damage: 6 slashing
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:13 | 20
Damage: 15 slashing
hit for 6
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thank god low damage
Malied:Praise Satan
I mean praise low rolls >.>
Simon N. (GM):2 orcs stand, giving Norrin an opp att - left or right?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Norrin
Geoff:Left
Simon N. (GM):ok
Geoff:
11
 
 
22
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
11
Simon N. (GM):miss (AC 13)
Orcs: "GARR!"
Geoff::P
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:22 | 13
Damage: 13 slashing
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:10 | 15
Damage: 5 slashing
lefty hit for 13
35/49
Orc on Qiviel
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:20 | 25
Damage: 7 + 5 slashing
Malied:not sure if it makes a difference but technically they dropped what they we're holding when they we're sleeped, so they'd have to pick up their weapons >.>
Qiviel:ac 22
Simon N. (GM):Yes they object interacted w their weapons :)
Orc axes bounces off knight's plate
#Syrus, in the strong arms of Jyrdani
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus gets up (helped by Jyrdani)
“…my head HURTS!!! Ugh…”
Looks across and sees Strohm being attacked by 2x Orcs, draws his bow and fires are one of them (the South one)
16
80ft./320ft.
Crossbow, Light ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
9Piercing Damage
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:BONUS: Healing Word on myself!
Components: V
7Healing
60ft.
Healing Word
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Simon N. (GM):You just shoot into trees from there
Kenny - Syrus:Oh trees block way?
Simon N. (GM):yup!
on 13 hp?
Kenny - Syrus:Well in that case I recon..?
Main action Cure Wounds on myself....?
Simon N. (GM):you can move up to 30' as J was carrying you
Kenny - Syrus:OK. I start again...
Simon N. (GM):shoot from there
Orc has cover
Kenny - Syrus:OK! Roll again
Simon N. (GM):AC 15 you stil hit
Kenny - Syrus:
13
80ft./320ft.
Crossbow, Light ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
11Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):9 dmg
no I'm using your first rolls
Kenny - Syrus:OK!
Same Bonus action Healing Word (as first rolled)
Simon N. (GM):(orc on 1 hp now - you needed 15 to hit)
Kenny - Syrus:End turn, Thanks!
Simon N. (GM):you still have 20' move even!
Kenny - Syrus:(Happy to hide in trees)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):im currently lagging so if you see me not answering be patient
Simon N. (GM):(the green tree fringes give cover, the black central trunks block sight & attacks)
Chris T.:Fraener taunts the big Orc in front of him whilst using his action to dodge. He will opp attack it with his hammer if it moves away. End turn.
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:you said that one of the two I sleept was weaker than ther other right? I'll firebolt that one
16
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
7Fire
Simon N. (GM):clear shot!
Spins & drops, back smoking
Malied:end turn
Geoff:Good hsot
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
(I assume she sheathed sword picking up Syrus)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani, feeling Syrus is relatively safe, draws Ironwolf and charges the black Sun Orc.
27
 
 
20
5'
Ironwolf (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
+1 sword
10 + 3
Simon N. (GM):rage?
Chris T.:nice!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:nope
Qiviel:(nice!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Simon N. (GM):he looks ropey now
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She then drops back.
Simon N. (GM):opp att now right?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Yup.
Simon N. (GM):
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:14 | 11
Damage: 8 blunt
miss (14)
#Norrin
Geoff:Norrin looks at the carnage around him and smiles evilly. One attack against the orc leader (let's see if this does the trick.)
20
 
 
9
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
9
Simon N. (GM):wounded, still up
Geoff:One mor
Simon N. (GM):coughing blood
Geoff:
11
 
 
17
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
15
Simon N. (GM):turned by his hide armour
Geoff:Grrr
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack the weakest orc
21
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
11Slashing
Nice
Simon N. (GM):One left...
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:(lets try that again)
17
 
 
20
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+8)
2Dueling Style
13Slashing
(better!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):should have smack talk the last orc but wouldnt want to push my luck
Nice Qiviel
Simon N. (GM):13 dmg, looks like that includes +2 for duellist
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):instakill
Qiviel:15 dmg
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):5+5+2+1 it says
Qiviel:She'll move up then to the other side of the black sun orc
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh so the orc is alive
Simon N. (GM):Roll 5, 5 STR, 5 duelist, 1 magic right?
opp att
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:24 | 16
Damage: 7 slashing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cause he have 2 hp
Simon N. (GM):hit for 7
Qiviel:It wasn't dead?
Simon N. (GM):no, your dmg thing is borked
Qiviel:(Oh, Muiz said it)
(Then she wouldn't move)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):it seems your macro has included +2
Simon N. (GM):bit late now!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):its supposed to killed it if the damage was 15 im sorry
im really sorry Keelia
that was my mistake to presume
Qiviel:(eh, it's not like it killed her :) )
Simon N. (GM):I guess I'd let you move back to orc when you realise he's still up, still -7 hp
Qiviel:(it's fine, it will come to her)
Simon N. (GM):I've edited Q's sheet to remove the Duelling Style as it's already factored into her damage
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cool
Simon N. (GM):+8 currently
Chris T.:opp att
Qiviel:(Ok, thanks)
Simon N. (GM):yup
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+6
(
5
)
+6
=
11
drat
Simon N. (GM):miss
Jyrdani opp att
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
17
 
 
27
5'
Ironwolf (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
+1 sword
12 + 3
Simon N. (GM):12 dmg, it staggers but keeps going...
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Damn the orc really want to kill Eramus
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Look out, Erasmus!"
Simon N. (GM):It's tempted to go for Syrus, but it REALLY hates the guy who stopped it opp atting for TWO rounds!
Multiattack
Orc, Black Sun
The orc makes two attacks with its maul or with its sling.
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:21 | 7
Damage: 9 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:7 | 11
Damage: 12 blunt
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):lol
Simon N. (GM):hit for 9, E on 7 hp
Erasmus:"Ow!"
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d6
(
2
+
5
)
=
7
Orc passes old school morale check...
Attacks Norrin
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:16 | 15
Damage: 6 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:21 | 15
Damage: 6 blunt
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice
Simon N. (GM):more dents but no dmg
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Eramus
Erasmus:"My turn... >:)"
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus vs bleeding staggering orc
Erasmus Bos:
11
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
13Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):parried
Erasmus:The staff flourishes...
Erasmus Bos:
16
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!!!
Chris T.:Yay!
Simon N. (GM):The mighty orc falls at last.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):1 boss down 1 more to go
Geoff:Wooho
Erasmus:...but the scorpion kick hits square between the eyes.
Qiviel:(whoo!)
Simon N. (GM):sad music for orc
Chris T.:(Phone callfor me, afk a couple of mins)
Simon N. (GM):end?
Erasmus:Erasmus moves and leans against a tree.
Simon N. (GM):trr diff terrain :)
Erasmus:Ok, he leans agains a rock.
Simon N. (GM):Orc vs Strohm
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:21 | 13
Damage: 14 slashing
Elf is bleeding badly (3 hp!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):barely standing
but theyre still fight left
Orc, Mountain:"Me put elf head on belt!"
2 Orcs on Norrin
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:21 | 20
Damage: 5 slashing
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:14 | 24
Damage: 5 slashing
AC 22 hard to get past!
Geoff:Hehehehe
Orc, Mountain:#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus rushes up to Strohm which getting out a scroll
Simon N. (GM):hold on
Kenny - Syrus:ok...
Simon N. (GM):trees are diff terrain or block
Chris T.:back
Simon N. (GM):do it square by square
Kenny - Syrus:Where did I start?
hang on
Simon N. (GM):2nd diagonal is +1
Kenny - Syrus:Ok would you like to move me 30' to as close as STrohm?
Ok
Action - crossbow at Orc?
19
80ft./320ft.
Crossbow, Light ()
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
5Piercing Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit!
Kenny - Syrus:Shouts to Strohm "come to me, lemme heal ya!!"
Simon N. (GM):still up
Kenny - Syrus:OK Healing Word on Strohm!
Components: V
5Healing
60ft.
Healing Word
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
(Last 1st level slot)
Simon N. (GM):(I assume you did not draw scroll BTW as using xbow)
Strohm 8 hp
Kenny - Syrus:That was not scroll, that was spell slot :)
Simon N. (GM):I know
Chris T.:Fraener moves towards the surviving Black Sun Orc. Readies a hammer attack if it comes his way. Dodge.End turn.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"would have ask for a buxom songstress but many thanks friend Syrus"\
Simon N. (GM):Ready or Dodge?
Chris T.:Ready uses reaction?
If not, he will dodge. Done
Simon N. (GM):Ready & Dodge are Actions
Chris T.:Cool
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:Walking out of the trees, fire in his eyes and cloak billowing, Malied casts Firebolt at the Black Sun Orc
23
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
8Fire
Simon N. (GM):clear shot - hit - he spins & drops!
Malied:blows the tip of his finger, ebnd turn
Simon N. (GM):The orc beside him looks round wildly, panicked
Geoff:Woo!
Chris T.:Nice shot!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani runs forward and throws a javelin at the nearest orc.
Simon N. (GM):you drew sword last turn?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
12
 
 
11
30'/120'
Javelin (4) (+6)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
5Piercing
Simon N. (GM):miss anyway
#Norrin
SW orc badly wounded
Geoff:
25
 
 
25
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
13
Simon N. (GM):SW or NE?
Geoff:ne
Simon N. (GM):still up :p
Geoff:Ok, one attack against dw
sw
13
 
 
9
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
13
Simon N. (GM):Goes down
Chris T.:yay
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack thyeorc
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
22
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
16Slashing
"would have return the favor and put your head on my belt but the ladies wouldn't appreciate a rotting skull on me"
Simon N. (GM):"argh"
Strohm can have Inspiration :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):move to Syrus and end turn
Nice
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Geoff:Take him down, Q!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Go Qiviel
Qiviel:
16
 
 
22
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+8)
15Slashing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Simon N. (GM):"argh!"
GM: I think that's it?!
Qiviel:She flicks the blood off her blade and looks around for anything else standing
Seeing nothing, she whistles for Rocco
Malied:Malied returns from accross the stream
Simon N. (GM):ok, out of combat!
Geoff:Norrin touches his fallen warhorse, saddened at the animals death. "I guess I'm walking now."
Simon N. (GM):Well done!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Sorry about your horse Syrus"
Malied:"Well, that was unpleasent"
Simon N. (GM):5 minute break
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):drink a potion of Healing
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus gets out of of his scrolls…
”I am sad I lost both horses now! But Good work with those Orcs, Strohm!” high fives Strohm as he casts Cure Wounds on him
Chris T.:"We should watch the trees for their pet ape."
Kenny - Syrus:
Components: V, S
5Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani looks around for Erasmus. As she doesn't see him, she heads back down the road. "Erasmus? Where are you?"
Qiviel:Who's desperate for healing? I'll lay some hands on
Malied:"I'm rather light, you can use my horse for now, I'll ride with Qiviel if she'll have me"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
5Healing
Potion of Healing (MercGuild)
Malied:"a heal wouldn't go a miss for me"
Qiviel:Q nods and waves Malied over.
Erasmus:"I'm here, my love. Just taking a weight off for a moment."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):now 18/36
Qiviel:"Rocco can carry two if we go slow"
Kenny - Syrus:@STROHM you have additional 5hp from my scroll too ;)
Malied:Malied pats the horse
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Simon N. (GM):GM: You catch your breath amongst the carnage... The orcs fought to the last... it seems none escaped.
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus then rushes up to Erasmus, gets out another scroll
“Oh you don’t look so good yourself…”
…pinches Ras’s nose and casts Cure Wounds on him
Malied:"good girl/boy?"
Kenny - Syrus:
Components: V, S
5Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Qiviel:"Rocco is female."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):now 23/36
Malied:6/18 hp here :P
Qiviel:Take 12 Malied since you are squishy
Erasmus:"Ah, thanks Syrus. Was worried for a while back there."
Erasmus looks up at Jyrdani. "And thank you for getting him out of harm's way."
Qiviel:I've got 8 more for you Erasmus
Everyone else above 3/4?
Malied:Lets check them for any loot before we decide on what to do next, I am completely tapped out of magic"
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus gives Jyrdani a kiss on her (blood soaked) hand "Thank You M'Lady"
Erasmus:"Thank you Qiviel. I'm feeling much better now."
20/31
Geoff:Norrin is 35/49, okay for now
Simon N. (GM):You get 425 XP each for that. :) The orcs have some coin and silver nuggets on them
rolling 28d6
(
1
+
1
+
4
+
4
+
4
+
1
+
6
+
6
+
4
+
5
+
6
+
3
+
4
+
4
+
1
+
6
+
2
+
4
+
3
+
4
+
4
+
2
+
4
+
2
+
6
+
5
+
1
+
1
)
=
98
Chris T.:Fraener has a 1st level and a 2nd levelslot left. But I thinki t wise he keeps a spare Healing Word for reviving fallen comrades on death throws?
Simon N. (GM):98 gp worth of silver & coin in all
Erasmus:Level 5, baby, YEAH!
Malied:gratz
Erasmus:Just need a break to get trained!
Chris T.:Congratulations!
Qiviel:(nice! congrats for lvl 5!)
Geoff:Way to go, Erasmus!
Qiviel:OK, last call out for anyone desperate otherwise, I'll save the spells for next battle
Erasmus:"Save your magics."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"a lot of silver these orcs have the mining business looks lucrative for these orcs, Fraener whenever you ready lets continue to meet up with your kin"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"That was a lot of Orcs."
Chris T.:"Aye, their pet demon may not prove so easy..." Says Freaner the cheerful
Malied:btw I'll need a short rest to recover some spell slots since i'm totally out at the mo :P
Geoff:"Hopefully there's an orcish clan somewhere that is severely weakened by what just happened here."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"They fight better than Pig Orcs, too..." looks Erasmus & Syrus up and down "You two will have me dead from worry!"
grins
Qiviel:(I assume we aren't going to run into trouble in the next in-game hour and I should set my str back to normal?)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Simon can i inspect the black sun orcs?
Chris T.:"Come here pony!"
Erasmus:chuckles "I'll make it up to you when we get home."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Strohm inspects the Black Sun Orcs.
"You will!" winks
Chris T.:I wouldn't bet on it, Keelia! :D
Erasmus:12gp 2sp 5cp each from the coin.
Simon N. (GM):Apart from the silver nuggets, the orcs have black & silver war paint. Their crude hide armour decorated with a flaming Black Sun sigil
Chris T.:Thanks Tim
Simon N. (GM):Fraener can roll History DC 13
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20
(
20
)
=
20
He knows his stuff
Qiviel:(whoo!)
Simon N. (GM):They are associated with the Underdark, said to be able to see even in magical darkness but sensitive to bright sunlight.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"hmm are the tattoos magical that's why there strong or are they naturally strong
simon is it night time?
Simon N. (GM):They are highly religious fanatics, Black Sun Priestesses cut the hearts out of captives and anoint their champions.
No it's day time in the woods
It's unusual for Black Sun orcs to fight in daylight
Fraener can roll Religion
Chris T.:"We should push on before night time. Watch the trees for their demon ape."
rolling 1d20
(
3
)
=
3
Simon N. (GM):Can't remember any details of their cult
It's broad daylight currently
Erasmus:Would Erasmus have read anything in his time at the Monastery or at the abbey?
Geoff:"There must be some sinister reason why they would come out of their dark holes in the middle of the day like this...."
Simon N. (GM):You should be close to the Rockwood mine, do you want to press on to there, or short rest now?
ok Erasmus roll Religion
Erasmus Bos:
16
Religion(+1)
Erasmus Bos
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"lets press forward to Rockwood mine and rest there"
Qiviel:Can Q support the religion check?
If needed...
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus has heard of them - they revere Luthic, orc goddess of caves, pits & fertility.
Chris T.:Rest now or at the mines. I'm easy
Simon N. (GM):(was a pass)
Malied:I'd prefer a short rest here if you all don't mind, I need slots before we m,arch in
Chris T.:cool by me
Geoff:nods
Malied:is everyone getting in on these religion/history checks? xD
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):alright short rest
Erasmus:"I have read that the Black Sun orcs revere Luthic, goddess of caves, pits and fertility."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
3
HIT DICE (D10+2)
26/36
sad bad roll
Simon N. (GM):More aggressive than most Luthic cultists, the cults emphasises torture & ritual sacrifice of captives to empower their champions and follow Gruumsh's command to bring all lands back to the domination of the Orc race.
Erasmus:"They're more aggressive than most Luthic cultists, the cults emphasises torture & ritual sacrifice of captives to empower their champions and follow Gruumsh's command to bring all lands back to the domination of the Orc race."
Simon N. (GM):Lairs are always subterranean as the sunlight burns the eyes of a devoted Black Sun cultist.
Chris T.:"Foul creatures."
Simon N. (GM):You stop a bit away from the fight for a short rest... encounter check...
rolling d6
(
6
)
=
6
of course
Malied:"right, after the short rest I should be more useful, 4/4 first lv slots and 1/3 second lv
Simon N. (GM):B4 you can complete a SR
Chris T.:There seems to be a creature in the trees to our right?
Erasmus:"They always have subterranean lairs as their eyes are burned by the sun. It would seem these captains were not as devoted as others."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"wouldnt want those orcs to rule the surface but sacrifices lets hope they didnt capture too many"
Simon N. (GM):move tokens over stream and remove any premature SR benefits :)
Erasmus:Would we be resting in the little clearing to the West?
Malied:easy enough, i can't cast anything other than can trips, easy to remember :P
Simon N. (GM):sure, good plan
rolling d6 for encounter severity, 6 = worse
rolling d6
(
6
)
=
6
LOL
Chris T.:eek
Malied:sigh
Qiviel:Ah LOL
Malied:dragon agagin?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):dice god why
Chris T.:Simon's sixes
Simon N. (GM):The deer browsing nearby suddenly scatter...
Qiviel:(OK, think of it as more xp - gets us closer to next level)
Simon N. (GM):rushing east
Erasmus:(Gotta survive to level up.)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 4d6
(
6
+
1
+
4
+
5
)
=
16
Malied:16 full siezed dragons....
Qiviel:(If it's that 16 dragons, we're hopping on the horses and fucking right off at a full out gallop :D )
Kenny - Syrus:FFS!
Malied:ffs
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Malied i hope you recovered youre spells cause we have company"
Kenny - Syrus:Are we retreating??
Qiviel:"Stay together," Q says, readying her weapon
Malied:no, we didn't get our rest
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc that is preferable
Chris T.:"Aye, stay together."
Qiviel:"If they split us, we are vulnerable"
Chris T.:Oh here's their ape.
"Back to back!"
Malied:bet it has an aoe attack :P
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):wait Simon did we have short rest?
Geoff:I've got a bad feeling about this.
Simon N. (GM):You see Orcs moving towards you through the trees... then you spot the massive Ape-Thing, high in the branches.
Qiviel:(no, we did not get a short rest)
Simon N. (GM):You have NOT had a short rest Strohm!
Malied:have they spotted us?
Simon N. (GM):I did say TWICE :)
Geoff:Shh... maybe they won't see us.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):dammnit 23/36
Kenny - Syrus:Syrus is checking how many scrolls he has left :-/
Chris T.:Syrus, you want to swapplace? My AC will be less vulnerable on the corner.
Erasmus:"If they surround us, we're all dead. We have got to go. Now"
Qiviel:Can Q sacred weapon before we engage?
Simon N. (GM):Yes they're aware of you & your horses are pretty obvioud
Geoff:"I think you're right, Erasmus."
Simon N. (GM):roll init pls
Initiative
Barlgura
Initiative: 15
Geoff:
12
INITIATIVE (2)
Malied:
7
INITIATIVE (3)
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Orc, Black Sun
Initiative: 15
Chris T.:
16
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
Erasmus Bos:
5.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Mountain Orc
Initiative: 10
Qiviel:
14
INITIATIVE (0)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
15
INITIATIVE (2)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
11
INITIATIVE (2)
13
INITIATIVE (2)
Simon N. (GM):hm, you seem to have suddenly turned into a phalanx :D
all rolled?
Chris T.:Fraerner's fault. He called out back to back
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i beleive so
Qiviel:(yes from me)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Syrus?
Malied:yep
Kenny - Syrus:
12.16
Initiative(+4.16)
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Geoff:yes
Simon N. (GM):OK #Fraener
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Bugger. Speedy monk caught napping.
Qiviel:(this would have been a good time to be level 5 - the extra spells would have been nice)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):the trees are diffucult terrain?
Malied:FIREBALL would be nice
Simon N. (GM):green is difficult, black trunk is impassable
Chris T.:unless you're an ape-demon :D
Simon N. (GM):true
Malied:can I suggst that we just run?
Chris T.:Where to?
Malied:on our horse and off the map to the south
Kenny - Syrus:I think retreating would be wise!
Malied:back the way we came
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc to the rockwood mines where the dwarves live?
Simon N. (GM):south is back to river, north is up to the dwarf hold
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):dwarf hold sounds nice
Chris T.:My worry is if we brake formation they will overwhelm us.
Geoff:"+1 dwarf hold
Qiviel:(They get to go before most of us)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:+1 whatever is closest
Malied:whereever we go we need to go NOW
as in during the first round
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Qiviel:(we're likely going to be engaged before we can retreat, so...are we running?)
Chris T.:Bonus action, Shield of Faith (last 1st level slot)
"Hold firm! If we break they willoverwhelm us!"
Erasmus:(Had I realised they were coming from the west, I wouldn't have suggested this clearing.
Kenny - Syrus:Everyone DASH!!!
Chris T.:Hold hammer attack. Done
Qiviel:(OK, so we're all on the same page - what are we doing? I've got dash and hold position)
Simon N. (GM):Ready hammer, ok
Malied:grab your horse if you can
Geoff:+1 for fleeing, but I don't have a horse.
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
(Rocco can support 2 humans at full speed BTW)
Chris T.:"Orcs move swiftly towards their foe!"
Kenny - Syrus:2 ppl can get on same horse - we share horses!
Qiviel:(Malied is light - he can get on Rocco with Q)
(we decided this earlier)
Malied:we run, we are currently outnumbers 18 to 8
Qiviel:(because she's an awesome horse :D )
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani looks around for some idea of what the plan is. "We should go, but I'm not leaving you here to die"
Qiviel:"Fall back to the horses. Double mount. Head north"
Simon N. (GM):She can toss E over her shoulder as an action :D
Qiviel:"Fetch the horse, Jyrdani, you can fight on horse back if needed
Chris T.:Well F on his pony, even if he could reach it before the wave breaks is unlikely to be fast enough to flee.
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Can J make it to this horse with Erasmus?
Malied:can the pony double dash?
Qiviel:(How big is F - Jyrdani can double up?)
Chris T.:(at the same speed as the chasing Orcs)
Qiviel:(Pony will follow - also, you have never seen a pony sprint - those things move when they need to!)
Malied::/
Simon N. (GM):J could grab E, get to the nearest horse and put him on it, but not mount herself too
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:I guess she does that then.
Sorry folks!
Orc, Black Sun:"NHAAAGHH!"
Aggressive
As a bonus action, the orc can move up to its speed toward a hostile creature that it can see.
attacks Norrin, maul raised
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:12 | 23
Damage: 11 blunt
Geoff:fs
Orc, Black Sun:
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:14 | 6
Damage: 13 blunt
'miss'
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thank god youre tanky
Geoff:yeah
sorry
Simon N. (GM):The ape demon bounds forward...
Initiative
Barlgura
Initiative: 21
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):crap
Simon N. (GM):Attacks Strohm
Qiviel:(are we sticking with the running plan?)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yes run
Simon N. (GM):
Multiattack
Barlgura
The barlgura makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its fists.
Barlgura
Attack: 22
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):goddamnit
Simon N. (GM):
Barlgura
Attack: 10
Barlgura
Attack: 17
rolling 2d6+4
(
3
+
2
)
+4
=
9
bite Strohm for 9
#Qiviel
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):drinking a potion is an action right?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Kenny - Syrus:CUTTING WORDS ON Strohm!!
(Damage)
Simon N. (GM):unless you had it in hand already
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):im gonna risk it then
Qiviel:With Q having her str potion still active, can she pick someone(s) up and run with them full distance?
Simon N. (GM):sure
Kenny - Syrus:
rolling 1d6
(
2
)
=
2
Simon N. (GM):object interaction to pick up
Qiviel:OK,
Simon N. (GM):20 still hits Strohm
Kenny - Syrus:Reducing damage roll, not hit roll?
Simon N. (GM):oh ok
2 back?
Kenny - Syrus:Yes pls, for Strohm
Simon N. (GM):on 16
Kenny - Syrus:(now tapped out on Bardic Inspo)
Qiviel:Q is going to shoulder rush and get Malied over one shoulder and Fraener over the other in the same move and run for the horses - basically like a rugby scrum, they'll fold right over her shoulders hopefully :D
Chris T.:"Get off me!"
Malied:"good plan"
Simon N. (GM):You'd need to beat Fraener on Athletics roll
Chris T.:"I'll nbot leave Norrin and Strohm!"
Simon N. (GM):(counts as an attack)
Qiviel:"Hold on to me," she calls out
17
 
 
26
ATHLETICS (7)
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+3
(
5
)
+3
=
8
Qiviel:"You'll be better to bring them a horse!"
Simon N. (GM):OK Fraener is grappled & can be carried... or tossed :P
Qiviel:(No one tosses a ...)
Chris T.:"How dare you?!" Freaner is incandescent with rage
Malied:"trust me, you'll thank her later"
Qiviel:"Be angry later, bring them a horse to escape now!"
Chris T.:"Bollocks!"
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Am gonna dash and mount a horses!!!
Thanks!
Simon N. (GM):OK
Kenny - Syrus:Am on the lowest brown horse
Simon N. (GM):how much movement was that?
Kenny - Syrus:Dash - so 60'?
Simon N. (GM):OK so now on horse so can move another 30'
as horse move 60'
Kenny - Syrus:Oh!!!
Simon N. (GM):you did action dash + move 30' including mounting, in 5e horse 60- your 30 gives you another 30
Kenny - Syrus:This OK?
Simon N. (GM):yup
#Norrin
Kenny - Syrus:"COME ON!!!"
Geoff:Dash toward the horses, and hop on one if he can. He'll either ride alone, or help someone lighter climb on behind him.
Qiviel:(Q whistles up Rocco as she runs :) )
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i suggest Malied
Simon N. (GM):Rocco Readies to Dash once Q mounts up
Qiviel:(Such a good horse