Loudwater

Loudwater

Saturday, 27 March 2021

FA1 30/9-6/10/1359 DR - Love in the Mine of Thorfin; Ted Returns (385 XP), Preparing for War

 

Simon N. (GM):I'll take it that during downtime Ted having been on Walkabout for a while heard that his friends were at Rockwood Mine & showed up a few days back.
Ted:ok
Simon N. (GM):No Tim yet, thought he was coming.
Ted:ahem OK DM dude
Simon N. (GM)::)
Malied:I think i might be lagging today guys :/
Chris T.::(
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc no level 5 characters just us lets hope the demon ape no show
Simon N. (GM):reloading usually helps w the lag
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):try change browsers?
Malied:yea, tried that, restarted Chrome too hopefully it will be better now
Simon N. (GM):Flint: "So, Fraener, the plan is that you and your friends here make a diversionary attack on the Thorfin mine, get the Orcs' attention. Meanwhile the others will head up the supply run. Make it showy, but don't get killed. Gundra has been readying special Brew for ye all..."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Many thanks my Lady"
Chris T.:Fraener will thank Flint and Gundra most warmly for their hospitality. "I'll be ready for a pint when we get back!"
Simon N. (GM):Hi Tim!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Hello Tim
Chris T.:Hi Tim
Erasmus:Hi All. Sorry I'm late.
Simon N. (GM):Gundra hands you each out an enchanted rune-scribed tin can with a pull-seal. The runes in dwarven read Truesilver Finest.
Chris T.:hehe
Qiviel:(I feel I need to have a word with Gundra about alchemists fire in a pull-tab can :D )
Q takes the can with a grateful bow
Gundra, Cleric of the Brew:"These containers let the Brew retain its magic until you need it. Pull the seal and quaff right before battle!"
GM: One of the beer goddess' holy ales. For 1 minute, the drinker is immune to being frightened, gains 7 (2d6) temporary hp, and has advantage on ability checks based on Charisma. The creature can't benefit from Blessed Brew again until it finishes a short or long rest.
"Hopefully Master Norrin and Mastetr Syrus will make it back with the ingredients I need for more Brew. They seem like such nice young men."
GM: Are you ready to head out?
Chris T.:yup
Malied:yep
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yup
Erasmus:Good to go.
Ted:Yeah dude
Gundra, Cleric of the Brew:Qiviel?
Qiviel:Yes
(was adding the notes about the true silver to my sheet for easy finding later)
Simon N. (GM):OK you head out of the dwarf hold, it's morning on a bright sunny day; you've been pointed down the south trail. The Thorfin mine mouth is east facing so the Orcs are likely well back, out of the sunlight right now.
You head south, after a mile or so coming to a split in the trail. The west route heads over hill to the glen of the orc tribe's main lair. South leads along the west flank of the Silver Vale to Thorfin Mine.
rolling d6
(
2
)
=
2
Ted:Check the junction for tracks
Simon N. (GM):For once no Orcs attack you as you head down the trail! Likely deterred by the bright sunny day. Ted can roll Survival.
Ted:
15
SURVIVAL (3)
hmm
check it out dudes
Erasmus:(Are we all together, or do we have a scout?)
Simon N. (GM):There are a lot more orc tracks on the west route, and damage to the trees indicates the big ape-demon you've heard of. Numbers to the south are smaller, but you do notice what appear to be the tracks of a great wolf.
Chris T.:(My suggestion would be to stick together)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc seem Ted is upfront being a scout
Simon N. (GM):(If you are stealthing you'll be at half speed, giving up the advantage of sunlight. W/out stealth I dunno why you'd split up?)
Erasmus:(Just checking, thanks.)
Malied:we don't need to split up, lets just go at noormal speed
Simon N. (GM):Ted is at the front of the party checking the tracks.
Qiviel:(agree to normal speed)
Erasmus:Erasmus will stay toward the back, checking the rear.
Malied:Malied is reading a book, happily surrounded by his armoured meatshields
Simon N. (GM):A bit under 3 hours since leaving Rockwood, still not yet noon as you approach the vicinity of Thorfin Mine.
Qiviel:Q will watch their surroundings closely for any sign of movement or danger
Ted:pulls up hood to soften the suns glare
Malied:Malied uses Mage hand to turn a page
Erasmus:As we approach, do we see any sentries?
Ted:yellow eyes scan
Simon N. (GM):A litle ahead of the others, Ted is the first to see the mine entrance through the bushes, the waste heaps to either side.
Ted:slips into the cliffs shadow
Simon N. (GM):As predicted, no sentries visible in the bright sunlight.
Chris T.:"Let's get in while our luck holds?"
Simon N. (GM):GM: I'll take it you stealthing now (don't roll yet) - you can move up to your Speed, or x2 Speed if you're a level 2+ Rogue :)
Erasmus:"Do we want to draw them out, or are we going into the belly of the beast?"
Malied:"Hold off attacking the first one we see, I can convince it to tell us what to expect ahead
Chris T.:"Ormmaybe send some of the stealthy folk ahead to hold the entrance?"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:*Let's go in and kill them."
Ted:smiles at Jyrdani
Chris T.:"Our advantage lays with fighting on a narrow front."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:smiles back (platonically!) :)
Chris T.:"Their numbers will likely overwhgelm us outdoors."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:nods
Malied:"Then we should proceed to the entrance then bait them out
Qiviel:"We should try to find a choke point and hold it."
Malied:GM how wide is the entrance?
Qiviel:"So, we should get to the entrance and see what the layout is."
Ted:I'll check the trees
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:OOC looks like 15' - you should be able to see it on VTT
Ted:climbs cliff
Simon N. (GM):Ted clmbs up the cliff w the help of the magic rope.
Qiviel:(I think I need a refresh, I'm not seeing it ?)
Erasmus:Top middle
Simon N. (GM):Entrance is top-centre
Chris T.:I put it on 40% and it came on the screen
Qiviel:(Ah, I see it, thanks)
Simon N. (GM):Always be scrolling out on new pages! :)
Qiviel:(it blended in with the black below it)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"rather that splitting the party i prefer we stay in one group and raid the mine as the trees is the domain for the demon ape"
Qiviel:"Agreed, we should not split up."
Chris T.:Fraener agrees with Strohm
Malied:"who said anything about splitting?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Entrance looks clear... Flint said the Orcs should be well back this time of day."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc where is the mine
got it
Chris T.:F makes room for the fighters
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"But I bet they'll have guards ready further back..."
Ted:waits and watches the trees for several breaths
Malied:"I can disguise myself or charm one of them to give us a better idea of what is waiting for us further in
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:looks to Strohm & Qiviel "With me?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"on it"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Ted, no sign of the broken branches down here that you were seeing further north.
Erasmus:"I say Qiviel, Jyrdani and Strohm in front, The Tad and I, with Malied and Fraener bringing up the rear."
Qiviel:"I have no issue with charging in, but do we wish to let Malied have a peak first?"
Simon N. (GM):(that was GM to Ted)
Qiviel:"In disguise, assuming you speak the language?" she looks to Malied
Chris T.:"Sounds sensible."
Ted:(no sneaky sentry's or skulking wolves etc?)
Erasmus:"Save your spells, Malied - perhaps Ted could take point, quietly?"
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"I don't like it. We should attack now - maybe we take a prisoner to question."
Malied:Fine, I'd have charmed one of them to give us a heads up,
In we go then
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Ted you can roll Perception.
Ted:
17
PERCEPTION (5)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:No sentries visible, but it's too bright out here to see into the cave.
Ted:creep fwd
Qiviel:Q shrugs, lifts her shield, and considers her sword. "Shall I give us some light?"
Malied:I can see in the dark, plus intend to light up the place, so up to you
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Good idea Qiviel - they'll see us anyway. We might as well see them..."
Simon N. (GM):Qiviel light aura
Qiviel:"It doesn't last long but Sacred Weapon will give us light as long as I keep reactivating it."
Ted:scan the entrance for traps or alarms
Qiviel:(gonna get me some armour wings at some point and be a battle angel :D )
Simon N. (GM):Just orcs tracks, orc poo and other foulness in the stinky rubbish piles.
Chris T.::)
Ted:thumbs up and girns
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Okay then, here goes..."
Ted:grins
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:GM You can move up
Simon N. (GM):OK you hear shouts from down the tunnel (which I'll reveal shortly)
Erasmus:"Ted, don't get too far ahead. Just looking at first, yeah?"
Simon N. (GM):roll init now pls
Erasmus Bos:
10.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Mountain Orc
Initiative: 4
Qiviel:
4
INITIATIVE (0)
Erasmus:
10
INITIATIVE (2)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Ted:
14.16
INITIATIVE (3.16)
Malied:
21
INITIATIVE (3)
Chris T.:
7
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
18
INITIATIVE (2)
Malied:has someone not rolled?
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Initiative: 18
(TI rolled for Jyrdani) OK #21 Malied
Erasmus:I'd already rolld for J, but yours is better. :P
Simon N. (GM):oh right :)
Malied:move up and see what I can see
Anything with my Darkvision?
Simon N. (GM):Yup - you see an Orc!
Malied:Firebolt time
Simon N. (GM):I gave you +5' for the sword light behind you
Malied:
21
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
5Fire
Simon N. (GM):"Ow!"
Malied:"I see one ahead"
end turn
Simon N. (GM):Jyrd moves up to the limit of dim light fr the sword & Readies sword
wishing she had darkvision
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):move ahead and cast fire bolt at the orc
12
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+4)
7Fire
Simon N. (GM):miss
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn end turn
Simon N. (GM):scratches his hides
#Ted
Ted:
14
 
 
10
80/320
Shortbow (+5)
8Piercing
Simon N. (GM):Ted hits him w an arrow
Ted:ok so thats an assainate
another 5d6
Simon N. (GM):that's advtg right? so SA dice - +2d6
Ted:
Assassinate
Class: Assassin
Starting at 3rd level, you are at your deadliest when you get the drop on your enemies. You have advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn in the combat yet. In addition, any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.
Simon N. (GM):He's not Surprised so not a Crit
Malied:Soz mate, my firebolt kinda ruined the suprise :(
Ted:
Assassinate
Class: Assassin
Starting at 3rd level, you are at your deadliest when you get the drop on your enemies. You have advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn in the combat yet. In addition, any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.
sorry
Simon N. (GM):He was never Surprised. He takes it all in stride. :)
Malied:lol
Ted:
rolling 2d6
(
2
+
1
)
=
3
Simon N. (GM):Should be 1d6+DEX+2d6 for shortbow
Ted:end turn
11dmg
Simon N. (GM):He drops dead
Malied:nice
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Ted:right behind you babe says to Jyrdani
Erasmus:Erasmus moves up and listens for any more activity deper in the mine.
Simon N. (GM):Roll Perception E
Erasmus Bos:
10
Perception(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):Your comrades are too noisy I guess :)
Erasmus:He hears Ted being a little too familiar with Jyrdani, which distracts him.
Simon N. (GM):OK that shows the limit of dim light & human vision
:)
Long as he keeps his hands to himself...
Chris T.:"C'mon everyone. Back into formation. We must remain disciplined." F moves up.
Erasmus:Indeed.
Malied:pft, primitive humans
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:and readies Sacrewd Flame. Done
Erasmus:(If listening didn't constitute E's action, he'll ready his staff.)
Simon N. (GM):Fraene casts light w the sacred flame in his hand
listen check was an Action yup
Erasmus:(Thought so)
Malied:OOC MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Simon N. (GM):PP 15+ - Erasmus & Ted - you hear Orcs moving up from the left, from beyond the rocky outcrop on the left side of the tunnel
#Qiviel
Ted:did you her that up ahead
points chin toward the noise
Erasmus:"Yes. They know we're here. Any idea on numbers?"
Qiviel:(Want Q up front with the light and meatshield-ness?)
Chris T.:(that was the plan?)
Simon N. (GM):Sounded like a small group, 2 or 3
Erasmus:"Tanks in front"
Chris T.:Oh soz, Imeant in the front line.)
Malied:the plan was to put as much meat and armour between me and the bad guys :P
Simon N. (GM):OK the light is blnding me :) will remove 4 now
Qiviel:She's last in the line, so you guys move to her :)
Chris T.:(so long as the orcs don't reach her first)
(That was the idera of the formation?O)
Qiviel:(Better her than someone squishier :) )
(You guys move up on your turn, formation happens)
Malied:leap frog it, tyhaat way the damage will be spread around
Simon N. (GM):2 orcs throw javelins at Q
Javelin (Ranged)
Mountain Orc
Attack:18 | 12
Damage: 5 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Mountain Orc
Attack:12 | 11
Damage: 6 piercing
Qiviel:She lifts her shield and braces herself
Simon N. (GM):One bounces off her plate, one her shield
#Malied
Malied:moving up again
can I see the on to the SW?
Simon N. (GM):Yes but +2 AC for cover
Malied:well then h#'s getting a face full of firebolt
15
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
6Fire
Simon N. (GM):AC 13>15
Erasmus:nice
Simon N. (GM):"Ugh!"
Malied:end turn
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Eagle Rage!"
Malied:OOC CAW CAW!
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
21
 
 
23
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
15
Orc head goes flying off its shoulders
Qiviel:(nice strike :) )
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Dash
e d turn
end*
Ted:shoots orc next to strohm
9
80/320
Shortbow (+5)
8Sneak
8Piercing
miss
ca - dash
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Ted:end turn
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus moves toward the fighting to see what's going on.
Seeing an orc, he unleashes two rapid staff strikes
Erasmus Bos:
13
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):hit
Erasmus Bos:
10Bludgeoning Damage
Darkwood Staff
Erasmus Bos
Simon N. (GM):miss
Erasmus:(Dmg)
Erasmus Bos:
12
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
11Bludgeoning Damage
Erasmus:But that was a miss
He finishes with a roundhouse kick.
Erasmus Bos:
20
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
8Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):ok 10+8 = 18 dmg?
Erasmus:18dmg total.
Simon N. (GM):Orc's neck breaks
Chris T.:F moves up to slightly behind Malied and Ted and again hold his sacred flame ready for any Orc showing its snout. End turn.
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d2
(
1
)
=
1
2 Orcs attack Erasmus
Ted:nods to F but yellow eyes flash malevolently in the flame
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:25 | 16
Damage: 15 + 4 slashing
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:6 | 15
Damage: 10 slashing
Malied:owch
Simon N. (GM):crit for 19, miss
Chris T.:ouch
Erasmus:"Gah!"
Simon N. (GM):Ted you hear orcs in the western tunnel
Ted:here they come smiles wickedly at F
Chris T.:F keeps an eye on Ted. He's been away a long time and he wouldn't be surprised if he's fallen in with others of his kind..
Simon N. (GM):A wolf howls in the tunnels...
Qiviel:(can we tell from which direction?)
Chris T.:afk 1 min
Simon N. (GM):(hm, ok DC 20 Survival check)
(Hard in the echoing tunnels)
Ted:
7
SURVIVAL (3)
Erasmus Bos:
16
Survival(+5)
Erasmus Bos
Qiviel:
10
 
 
16
SURVIVAL (1)
Malied:
6
SURVIVAL (1)
Simon N. (GM):No, too much echo :)
#Qiviel
Qiviel:She goes to hold the left tunnel and readies an attack with her sword
Chris T.:back
Ted:holds F gaze letting him stew in his dwarven middle class perceptions
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Chris T.:(He's royalty, none of your middle class dross :D )
Malied:Malied moves up behind Qiviel and rests his arm on her to stabilize hit firebolt
"steady Qiviel"
hold firebolt
end turn
her shoulder*
Simon N. (GM):sorry reloading slow
Malied:OOC Malied is literally a shoulder cannon for Qiviel ^^
Simon N. (GM):
21
 
 
20
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
12
She deals the Orc a vicious blow
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attacking the orc in front of him
18
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
8Slashing
8
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
12Slashing
sorry dice roller seem to lag a bit
Simon N. (GM):Why 2 rolls?
ok
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):first roll plz
and end turn
Simon N. (GM):hit for 8, bloodying him
#Ted
Ted:dont worry J right behind you ;-D
11
Rapier +1 (+7)
8Sneak
10Piercing
Simon N. (GM):aw, miss :(
Ted:next time eh!
end turn
Erasmus:Erasmus attacks the orc which landed such a heavy strike.
Erasmus Bos:
19
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
9Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):down he goes
Erasmus:He looks to Ted. "Good job I'm right beside her, huh?"
Simon N. (GM):heh :)
Erasmus:He attacks the other orc.
Erasmus Bos:
24
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Ted:well? kill the other one
Simon N. (GM):& down he goes
Erasmus:"Don't worry."
Ted:sheathes rapier and bows
Erasmus:End turn.
Ted:good kill
Erasmus:with a smirk.
brb
Chris T.:Moves up 20', holds Sacred Flame until Orcs come into view. Done.
Malied:held action Firebolt
Chris T.:held SF
DC12 Dex
Malied:
24
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
5Fire
xD
damage isn't great but it hit!
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Mountain Orc
Ability: 7 | 10
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8
(
1
)
=
1
after all that :D
Simon N. (GM):Orc is slightly flamed :)
Malied:better than nothing ;;)
Simon N. (GM):"RRAR!"
Qiviel:
8
 
 
10
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
13Slashing
Malied:"I don't think he was expecting that"
Qiviel:(I assume that misses....)
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:25 | 10
Damage: 13 + 6 slashing
Qiviel:Ow.
Malied:xD
Simon N. (GM):but that hits
Aggressive.
As a bonus action, the orc can move up to its speed toward a hostile creature that it can see.
Qiviel:Q grunts with pain as the orc's blow lands.
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:18 | 7
Damage: 6 slashing
Qiviel:But she parries the second with her shield
Simon N. (GM):bounces off shield & dents shoulder plate :)
"RARRR!"
charges Ted
Ted:Welcome to the party in orc
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:8 | 24
Damage: 11 slashing
missy miss
Qiviel:Has to get by Q ?
Ted:strohm take a shot
Qiviel:(ah from below, never mind :) )
Simon N. (GM):charges Erasmus
Erasmus:Braces himself
Simon N. (GM):
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:18 | 11
Damage: 5 slashing
Erasmus:But not very well.
Simon N. (GM):just a flesh wound :)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc can Eramus drink a potion and offhand attack?
Erasmus:nope
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i see better take the time to heal then
Ted:lets take these two down then E can pull back to catch his breath
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Ted:dont want to give them the opportunity to attack unnecessarily
Qiviel:She attacks her attacker
7
 
 
22
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
14Slashing
And apparently misses.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
Simon N. (GM):dice roller hates Q most of all I think!
Qiviel:(today, it certainly does.
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Malied go help Qiviel
Malied:rigth, gonna try something crazy
Ted:er he is?
Malied:Charm peson on the undamaged orc
DC14 wis
Adv if in combat with us
Probably won't work :P
Simon N. (GM):well no one has attacked it so I'll not give it advtg
Wisdom
Mountain Orc
Ability: 3 | 5
Malied:awesome
woot!
Erasmus:o_O
Malied:Malied simpy nods at it
"Anyone speak orc? I have a friend here that can help us!"
Orc, Mountain:(in orc) "Where have you been all my life?!" soppy smile
Malied:xD
Qiviel:Q speaks Ortc
Malied:I need to learn Orc
Qiviel:*orc
Malied:"we need to know how many of them there are
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:#Jyrdani attacks Orc. "GRRR!"
Qiviel:Q translates while she fends off the other :D
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
19
 
 
14
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
12
badly wounds it
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack the orc in front of him
12
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
13Slashing
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:miss by 1
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
Simon N. (GM):#Ted
Ted:lunges with rapier
8
Rapier +1 (+7)
3Sneak
12Piercing
doh
Simon N. (GM):aw
Ted:CA disengage
Simon N. (GM):BA disengage?
Ted:yup
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:As Ted retreats, Erasmus brings the staff down on the orc's head.
Erasmus Bos:
22
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Ted:twirls rapier around his wrist Right behind you F wink
Simon N. (GM):E has quite a pile of dead orcs now
Erasmus:He then strikes out at the other in front of Strohm.
Erasmus Bos:
16
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
8Bludgeoning Damage
Malied:enought to block the whole tunnel :D
Simon N. (GM):Dice roller likes E a lot better!
It staggers
Erasmus:He then unleashes a heavey haymaker.
Erasmus Bos:
11
Unarmed Strike ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):it blocks
Erasmus:But signposts it too obviously.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:Bonus action a Healing Word, using a 2nd level slot on Erasmus.
rolling 2d4+2
(
1
+
1
)
+2
=
4
Erasmus:"Thanks"
Chris T.:and Sacred Flame on the wounded orc in fron tof Strhom. DC12 Dex
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Mountain Orc
Ability: 5 | 6
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8
(
2
)
=
2
Simon N. (GM):burn orc burn
a bit
Chris T.::(
Ted:impressive
Erasmus:(haha)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):if only i didnt miss
Simon N. (GM):The charmed orc ignores Qiviel's statistical query and swings at her
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:8 | 20
Damage: 12 slashing
Malied::O
Simon N. (GM):misses
2nd on Q
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:21 | 8
Damage: 4 slashing
Malied:Malied is going to start waving at it and shaking his head
Simon N. (GM):AC 22, dents her helm!
Qiviel:She grits her teeth and shakes her head and mutters to Malied how to say "Stop attacking the humans"
in orcish and hopes his pronunciation isn't horrible.
Simon N. (GM):Orc attacks Erasmus
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:14 | 23
Damage: 14 slashing
Miss for once!
Erasmus:Erasmus ducks backward.
Simon N. (GM):2nd at Erasmus
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:6 | 19
Damage: 13 slashing
wide
Erasmus:*then parries an axe with his staff
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn the orcs hit like a truck when it connects
Simon N. (GM):& at Strohm
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:7 | 12
Damage: 4 slashing
no orc luck
Malied:Malied tries to repeat what Qiviel told him to get it to stop attacking her
woopos, too early
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q has another go at the orc that hurt her. (Come on dice, behave)
21
 
 
15
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
9Slashing
Ted:hmm perhaps we should fall back to here
Chris T.:yay
Qiviel:(better)
Simon N. (GM):Stabby stab
Ted:fight them on one front
Simon N. (GM):(had 9 left, lucky)
Qiviel:(I was due for some luck after all those bad rolls )
Ted:good kill Q
Simon N. (GM):Malied you can use your Action to try to Persuade your new buddy. Persuasion w advtg
Malied:
9
PERSUASION (1)
11
PERSUASION (1)
>.<
Simon N. (GM):He hesitates, but nods and stops attacking Q.
"You so smooth, pretty..."
Malied:Malied bows
Simon N. (GM):(in Orc)
grin
Qiviel:Q breathes out a little, and hesitantly translates the Orc's words back to Malied
Malied:"ok, now that has calmed down maybe we can try again?"
Ted:tell him he's in our tribe now says ted in common..then your in our tribe now in orc
Malied:Malied smailes back :)
Simon N. (GM):"Not know how many - 'bout two hands? And Bugrum and iz worg."
Qiviel:"Are we pulling back to hold a different line? If so, Malied, pull back."
Q translates for Malied
Malied:"shit, ok"
Simon N. (GM):
17
 
 
18
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
11
Malied:"would you mind checking further in to see if there are any of your friends in the tunnel behind you?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack the orc in front
Simon N. (GM):The orc nods
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
10
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
15Slashing
damn it miss
end turn
Erasmus:(dang! That would have been great damage!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):occ yeah but it was not meant to be
Simon N. (GM):#Ted
Ted:shoot
Simon N. (GM):AC +2 fr there
>15
Ted:
13
80/320
Shortbow (+5)
11Sneak
8Piercing
Simon N. (GM):miss (or hit E in the back) :)
Ted:er...
Erasmus:(maybe on a 1)
Ted:end turn
Malied:E catches it and throws it back at you :P
Ted:thx
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Still keen on thinning the numbers, the staff flashes in the light.
Erasmus Bos:
18
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
9Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):bonk
still up
Erasmus:It then comes up under the chin
Erasmus Bos:
23
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
13Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):crack
Erasmus:To Jyrdani "You want the other one, love?"
Simon N. (GM):J grins
Erasmus:Erasmus falls back a touch.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener - no LOS on last orc from there
Chris T.:Moves and once more calls down sacred flame. DC12 Dex. Done.
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Mountain Orc
Ability: 15 | 11
Chris T.:no damage
Simon N. (GM):dodges
rolling 2d6
(
6
+
6
)
=
12
Erasmus:(Eek)
Simon N. (GM):The orc fails a BX D&D morale check & Disengages Strohm, falling back
Ted:Strohm!
he got away
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):What?
Simon N. (GM):Charmed Orc: "No one there"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nothing i can do about orcs a slippery things
Chris T.:"We need toknow where the restof the tribe are."
Malied:"Ok guys, heres what we learned from our little Orc friend, there are about 10 orcs in the mines (he can't count, but sounds about right) and Bugrum and his Worg"
Erasmus:GM: how many bodies are there here?
Simon N. (GM):8
9
Erasmus:+2 we know are still up.
Simon N. (GM):9 + 1 charmed + 1 retreated
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):killed 9 and 2 run away it seems
i mean 1 run away and 1 charmed
Ted:out of combat?
Malied:"ok, we should push futher in but make sure that none circle arund and attack us from thwe rear"
Chris T.:"Does he know where this Burgrumis to be found?"
Simon N. (GM):OK I'll put you out of combat
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"ask the mountain ofc"
Malied:"no, just that he is in the mine"
Simon N. (GM):unless anyone chasing?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc nope
Qiviel:No, too far for Q to chase
Chris T.:OOC The wolf has gone quiet?
Malied:Malied didn't see the one that bolted so he isn't
Simon N. (GM):yup
No more howls
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Eramus drink up some potions you need recover a bit"
Ted:Great work Q you held the line like a steel demon
Malied:"same to you Qiviel, patch your self up
Erasmus Bos:
5

custom: roll
Erasmus Bos
Qiviel:Q salutes Ted in response
Simon N. (GM):BRB tea & cake run :)
Ted:peers around corner of the tunnel
Qiviel:She'll drink one of her potions - what's the roll for it?
Erasmus:2d4+2
Qiviel:thanks
Erasmus:E on 25/38
Qiviel:
rolling 2d4+2
(
1
+
2
)
+2
=
5
bloody dice
Malied::(
Chris T.:(Yup all1's and 2's for me so far tonight.)
Erasmus:so sucky tonight!
Malied:saying this is goiing to jink me
Qiviel:Going to use lay on hands because it's best for her to have full meat shield capabilities
Malied:but i've rolled really well for attacks so far
damage hasn't be great though
still swings and roundabouts
Qiviel:Tim take 5hp
Erasmus:It all counts.
Chris T.:"Qiviel can you hold that gap while we check out where this one went?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):miss the last two attacks could have easily finish that run awasy if i hit
Malied:Karma will get me in the end
Erasmus:"Thank yuo, Qiviel. I feel much better."
Malied:"....that would split the group...."
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"i could set up a snare on one of the tunnels if you want?"
Qiviel:Q nods "Yes, I can hold the gap but Malied is right, splitting the group is not ideal."
Chris T.:"And if we don't hold that gap we can be attacked from two sides.."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Erasmus, you obviously look squishy. Why else would they keep hitting you?!"
Chris T.:"Or the shaman escapes.."
Qiviel:"I can hold it," she settles herself down into a defensive position.
Chris T.:"What about asking our new chum to go take a look then?"
Erasmus:"Indeed. Ted, how would that snare work?"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"Maybe Malied tell his orc to stay guard while we explore the other tunnel:
Malied:"how about this, Ted sneaks his way down the western tunnel"
Ted:In orc to the charmed orc Brother what is down there?
Malied:"then we'll have a better odea of what we would need to block off"
Ted:points south with chin
Malied:I did ask him to go and see if any of his friends we're down the tunnel
Erasmus:While we're hanging around, Erasmus will check the bodies of the orcs for anything valuable or useful.
Ted:these dudes are fierce but nit the brightest mailed
Simon N. (GM):Charmed Orc to Ted: "Water"
Ted:Nods
and the other way?
Simon N. (GM):"Caves"
Ted:nods to the east
Chris T.:"None of his tribe down there? Or exits?"
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 9d6
(
6
+
2
+
5
+
2
+
3
+
5
+
2
+
2
+
5
)
=
32
Ted:does the water cave join with other caves?
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus you collect 32 gp of silver nuggets
Erasmus:(Ta)
Simon N. (GM):"Yup"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"ask the orc if they have any slaves"
Ted:where is the chief?
Simon N. (GM):Ted roll Persuasion
Ted:
13
PERSUASION (1)
Simon N. (GM):"Urrr... " points in vaguely south-east direction
Ted:how many warriors left brother?
Simon N. (GM):looks at corpse pile "Not lots."
Ted:nods
Malied:o god i feel sorry for this guy
Simon N. (GM):"More come soon."
Ted:from where?
Simon N. (GM):points to cave exit
Ted:from the other camp
?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"when? if not long we leave now"
Ted:from the demon monkey camp?
Simon N. (GM):nods
nods
Ted:ok brother. thank you. what is you name brother?
Simon N. (GM):"Grutluk"
Chris T.:"Let's move then. South east he said?"
Malied:"ok, we need to move fast, lets clear this cave then get out of dodge"
Ted:Yes of course you have Grutluk meeting your fine friend Malied here
Simon N. (GM):Grutluk looks over at Malied. in orc "You come in my furs soon?" tusky smile
Chris T.::D
Ted:We must be far from here beofre nightfalls
Qiviel:Q looks to Ted and wonders if that needs to be translated or not...
Erasmus:"Unless we wait for them here and ambush them? How many are expected?"
Malied:Malied conintues to smile to keep up the ruse (and not knowing what he just said)
Ted:*smiles at Q
Qiviel:"We should decide the plan. I can hold this line or we can go together but we need to decide quickly."
Ted:move together fast
Malied:"I think the incoming group will be too much, lets hurry SE"
Ted:i'll scout this tunnel
Qiviel:"Then we should go down the south tunnel."
Ted:follow me
60' should do iut
Malied:Lead the way
Ted:stealthily
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"wait we cant leave the running orc go"
Simon N. (GM):Ted roll perception
Ted:
16
PERCEPTION (5)
Qiviel:"I"m fairly sure it has gone to get the warg and the other, It will find us."
Simon N. (GM):OK & roll Stealth
Ted:
23
STEALTH (7)
Malied:Malied montions for the Charmed orc to follow
Simon N. (GM):Ted sees an Orc hiding at a corner, looking the other way with axe raised
Qiviel:(Does Ted want light - how close does he want Q?)
Ted:shakes head indicating no thank you
Simon N. (GM):The Orc looks round as Q's light fills the west tunnel
Ted has time to shrink back against the east wall
Qiviel:Q watches Ted for signs of what is happening
Simon N. (GM):He hears the Orc snarl and move
(your goes)
Ted:go through south east
Malied:Alrigght all, we're going to the SE
Qiviel:Q tells the others to go down their tunnel and she'll go down the one Ted discovered
Ted:we've got them on the back foot push forward
Qiviel:They'll hopefully meet at the end
Chris T.:Shield of Faith, 10 mins duration.
Simon N. (GM):ok stop
Strohm roll Perception
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
11
PERCEPTION (1)
Simon N. (GM):OK everyone roll Init, you count as Surprised on first turn
Erasmus Bos:
16.18
Initiative(+4.18)
Erasmus Bos
Qiviel:
10
INITIATIVE (0)
Ted:
23.16
INITIATIVE (3.16)
Malied:
8
INITIATIVE (3)
Chris T.:
0
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
3
INITIATIVE (-1)
Fraener
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
15
INITIATIVE (2)
Simon N. (GM):I'll give Ted his 23 although he did not click on token looks like
Ted:how can i have just moved my token but its not selected?
doh thx
Erasmus:
12
INITIATIVE (2)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):
Initiative
Initiative: 3
Initiative
Orc, Black Sun
Initiative: 16
OK worg leaps out of the darkness at Strohm
Worg
Attack: 15
Ted:got ta go to the loo
Simon N. (GM):
Worg
Attack: 23
Erasmus:(Use the water near you!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):cast shield
Simon N. (GM):can't use Reaction as Surprised
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn
Simon N. (GM):(they were lying in wait & you failed Per check)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):got it
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d6+3
(
2
+
2
)
+3
=
7
7 dmg & STR save
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
23
STRENGTH SAVE (5)
phew
Simon N. (GM):
Multiattack
Orc, Black Sun
The orc makes two attacks with its maul or with its sling.
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:7 | 15
Damage: 8 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:15 | 25
Damage: 8 + 11 blunt
7 & 15, miss & parried
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:18 | 24
Damage: 11 slashing
dents Strohm's Orog plate armour
Simon N. (GM):defence style FTW
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yup
Simon N. (GM):#Ted your go
Ted:sneak
Simon N. (GM):ok roll it
Ted:
25
STEALTH (7)
Malied:"Ted? Eh? Where'd you go?"
Simon N. (GM):Ted gets in the water?
ok :)
Ted:can he jump?
or is there a cliff or somthing?
Simon N. (GM):standing jump from there to east shore would need STR 20
Ted:(that was 9 squares move)
Simon N. (GM):there is about 2' of clearance between the east tunnel & the water
so a mini-cliff I guess
#Erasmus
Ted:ok i'm a bit unsure of what's here so end turn thx
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"I FOUND TEM"
Ted:pst Malied coast seems clear here
Erasmus:Erasmus moves up, but stays back, forming the start of a defensive line
Simon N. (GM):Ted you noticed a glimmer of firelight down east tunnel when you looked round corner
Malied:"Thanks mate, but I've just concocked another mad ass idea >:)
Ted:wonder whats been stashing bones here?
Erasmus:"Strohm! Fall back!"
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"you dont have to tell me twice"
Erasmus:ready a staff attack and wait...+
Simon N. (GM):
Bite
Worg
Attack:14 | 14
Damage: 10 piercing
If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone
miss
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:18 | 22
Damage: 14 slashing
defence style FTW
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:17 | 21
Damage: 13 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:12 | 22
Damage: 7 blunt
Simon N. (GM):no damage
#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):holy damn the goddess is watching him
disengage and retreat
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d20+1
(
12
)
+1
=
13
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Simon N. (GM):Ted you hear orcish footsteps round the corner
Clumsy orc ninja :)
#Qiviel (you're not aware of the south orc)
Qiviel:She'll go north then :)
Simon N. (GM):double move?
Erasmus:"Qiviel! Hold the line!"
Qiviel:Yes, hang on, I have to zoom in to see who is who
ok, I see our line, Q will hold jus tin front
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):"wait Qiviel don't go too far stay in font of Fraenr"
Simon N. (GM):Readied sword?
Qiviel:Yes please
Simon N. (GM):Erasmus looked tempting... Q looks a lot less tempting.
Malied:dash
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:Fraener moves shoulder to shoulder with the Lady Qiviel. Bonus action to summon his Spiritual Hammer. Action,hold hammer attack. Done.
Simon N. (GM):Yaay! B)
Erasmus:Not going to attack with it?
Chris T.:Don't think I can on the round I summon it?
Erasmus:Yep.
Simon N. (GM):yeah you can
Chris T.:He'll give the Warg a wallop then :)
rolling 1d20+4
(
9
)
+4
=
13
Simon N. (GM):"When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack⁠⁠ against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon"
hit just!
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8+2
(
2
)
+2
=
4
4 force.
Simon N. (GM):donk
Chris T.:(Still not rolled higher than a 2 for damage!)
Simon N. (GM):Heartened by this, Jyrdani throws a javelin at the orc
23
 
 
16
30'/120'
Javelin (4) (+6)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
5Piercing
hits
#Ted
Ted:Newman control do i have LOS on the orc bandit?
Simon N. (GM):Yes. If you BA Stealth I rule you can attack him unseen so advtg & SA
DC 11
Ted:i was hiding already but ok
Simon N. (GM):Yes but you left cover
Ted:
8
STEALTH (7)
Chris T.:unlucky
Simon N. (GM):Book says GM decides if enemy becomes aware right away... Ted kicks a pebble :)
Ted:
20
80/320
Shortbow (+5)
6Piercing
Simon N. (GM):Winged him w arrow - he had greataxe ready so no javelin back :)
Ted:end thx
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus runs up to Bugrum and hits him with the staff.
Erasmus Bos:
18
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
10Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit - whack
Erasmus:Stunning Strike
DC13 CON
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 5 | 13
Stunned
Erasmus:Till end o fmy next turn.
Erasmus Bos:
18
 
 
23
Darkwood Staff ()
Erasmus Bos
13Bludgeoning Damage
Erasmus:Adv against stunned, right?
Simon N. (GM):yup
hit
Erasmus:Flurry of blows
Erasmus Bos:
23
 
 
18
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
7Bludgeoning Damage
Simon N. (GM):hit
Erasmus Bos:
27
 
 
21
Flurry of Blows ()
Erasmus Bos
7 +Bludgeoning Damage
 
 
2 +Bludgeoning Critical Damage
Simon N. (GM):crit
9 dmg
Erasmus:Erasmus then falls back
Taking opp attack from orc
Simon N. (GM):opp att
Greataxe
Mountain Orc
Attack:6 | 12
Damage: 14 slashing
Erasmus:Too quick
Simon N. (GM):misses wildly
rolling 2d6
(
4
+
4
)
=
8
Orc draws a javelin & throws it at Fraener
Chris T.:ac23
Simon N. (GM):
Javelin (Ranged)
Mountain Orc
Attack:6 | 11
Damage: 5 piercing
Worg Readies vs anyone approaching
Orc splashes into the 3' deep water
& throws a javelin at Ted
Javelin (Ranged)
Mountain Orc
Attack:9 | 8
Damage: 8 piercing
missing
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i move and fire bolt the bug
21
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+4)
7Fire
Simon N. (GM):advtg
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
6
120 feet
Fire Bolt (+4)
4Fire
end turn
Simon N. (GM):hit for 7
#Qiviel
Qiviel:I'm not sure what I can do without getting bitten, so I guess, let's go get bitten...
Simon N. (GM):
Bite
Worg
Attack:24 | 17
Damage: 12 piercing
If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone
Qiviel:
11
 
 
14
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
7Slashing
Simon N. (GM):ouch
DC 13 STR sv
Qiviel: