Loudwater

Loudwater

Saturday, 17 April 2021

FA1 9-19/10/1359 DR - Fall of Grizelda; the Battle Ends (1440 XP)

 





Kenny - Syrus:Hi EVeryone - where did the Big Baddie go??
Erasmus:Fraener smoked it.
Muiz:hello everyone, intrnet is very slow where im at but hopefully it gets better soon
Kenny - Syrus:Ohhhh NICE @Chris
Chris T.:Hi Muiz
Erasmus:Hey Muiz.
Chris T.:team effort,Kenny!
Geoff:Hi Muiz
If we can take out the witch and the war chief quickly, we'll be in good shape.
Malied:connection test
Kenny - Syrus:Which one is the witch and which is the war chief?
Thanks!
Chris T.:We need tokillOrcs not drive themoff. If they flee it just means we have large numbers to fight in the forest. Backon their own turf.
Erasmus:Only if we chase them.
Geoff:The orcs themselves aren't tough in a fight, just overwhelming with their numbers.
Chris T.:And where we have them now we have all the advantages
Geoff:IIRC, the Black Sun orcs are about equivalent to an ogre.
Malied:yep, nasty bastards
Kenny - Syrus:@Malied are you shooting bolts from the windows?
Malied:I have los on the witch, but I can't hit her with anything really nasty till she gets closer
yarr
Kenny - Syrus:@Malied and are you on ground floor or roof?
Chris T.:a tonof those Orcs are on 1HP?
Malied:ground, there is noone on the roof
Chris T.:just outside the door?
Erasmus:We're all inside
Chris T.:There are a stackof redied javelins for anyone on the roof
Erasmus:A bunch of these ones.
Kenny - Syrus:AH OK I need to get to the window by Erasmus then and shoot from there...!
Malied:they all took a fair bit yea
another burning hands should finish them
Muiz:finnaly got connection hi everyone
Chris T.:with 1HPleft
If I remember right
Erasmus:It'll take Syrus about three rounds to get upstairs.
Muiz:now we just waiting for Simon
Malied:hmm, you might be right
Chris T.:I made a note
Malied:I can't recall, its been a busy week -.-
Chris T.::)
Kenny - Syrus:@Erasmus let's see how far Syrus will - wanna get to that witch!
Chris T.:If we can knockout wave one then Burning Hands wave 2 down to low HP I think we have a great chance
Malied:I've had 4 interviews, one place sounded great, but they don't understand what the market rate is for what they want done -.-
Erasmus:Hi Simon
Malied:hi smn
Chris T.:Hiya Simon
Geoff:Hi Simon
Simon N. (GM):hi all
Kenny - Syrus:HI Simon!
Simon N. (GM):All ready? #Jyrdani is up first
Malied:tets
Simon N. (GM):She keeps Readied to aid Norrin?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani is bracing Norrin against the door.
Erasmus:(I see you, James)
Kenny - Syrus:I wanna dash towards ground floor please! (Thanks Tim!)
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:Oh OK!
Simon N. (GM):ok Syrus heads back upstairs
#Fraener
the orcs are getting ready to ram the inner door
Kenny - Syrus:Sorry @Simon can I start next to stairs please?
Chris T.:Fraener brings down sacred flame on the Orc visible through the murder hole. DC12 Ddex. "Steady lads!"
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 15 | 6
Chris T.:done
Simon N. (GM):ducks
#norrin then #malied
Geoff:Norrin braces his weight, with Jyrdani's help, against the door, hoping to delay its inevitable breach as long as possible, to give the others time to attack.
done
Malied:Malied fires a Firebolt at the weakest looking one that survived his burning hands last turn
Simon N. (GM):ok
Malied:
Firebolt
Evocation Cantrip
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 120
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
SPELL SAVE DC: 15
Simon N. (GM):it's an attack roll
Malied:the character sheets gone all weird :/
Simon N. (GM):roll your attack
Malied:
23
120'
Fire Bolt (+7)
5Fire
ah, it defaulted to the wrong page
end turn
Simon N. (GM):The orc drops
(it always defaults to last page opened)
Erasmus:Erasmus moves to the arrowslit behind Fraener, firing two arrows into the horde.
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Malied:k, i don't remember going there
Erasmus:Whoever I can see that is singed, please
Muiz:finally i ot connection
Simon N. (GM):top one wounded
Erasmus:Adv?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{23} | 17
Piercing Damage7
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):orc falls, arrow in neck
Erasmus:And the next
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow10 | {11}
Piercing Damage6
Simon N. (GM):miss
Erasmus:"Shit."
(End turn
Simon N. (GM):The orcs start battering - Norrin roll Athletics
w advtg for J
orcs roll w advtg too (3 of them)
Geoff:
25
 
 
22
ATHLETICS (7)
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 9 | 17
Malied:nice
Simon N. (GM):17 vs 25 - door holds
ok this will take a while...
Orc Priestess starts chanting...
Fiendish spirits swirl around her. and up through the arrow slits...
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):okay im finally stable
Malied:shitballs
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):indeed
Simon N. (GM):erasmus fraener malied and syrus are in their aoe
Kenny - Syrus:Do we roll beginning of our turn?
Malied:yea, i'm basically fucked if I don't save
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+4 # wis save for SG
(
4
)
+4
=
8
drat!
Erasmus:Start of turn.
Chris T.:or when you first enter?
Malied:either
Chris T.:Okay, we may need a plan B.
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Malied:fall back down stairs, we need to be out of range of that spell
Chris T.:And break her concentration.
Qiviel:That spell introduces an interesting aspect. One second ...
Malied:I know it sucks to lose this defensive position but that thing will kill us with a thousand cuts
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):were trapped if we need to deal with the witch somebody has to go out or if were lucky the witch come to us but will be taking spells for days if we do so
Chris T.:yup,we need to get wounds on her. Your ballof fire thing would cause her problems?
Qiviel:Can I see the witch orc lady?
Chris T.:If it's near her she will have to make a conc save each round?
Erasmus:You can't see her, Q.
Malied:sure, but she's surrounded by other orcs, won't be able to get it to her
Chris T.:Cast it over her head
and bring it downwards?
Simon N. (GM):Q can't see any orcs
Malied:pretty certain i can't sec
has to be unoccupied aspace
Chris T.:(over her head is unoccupied?0
Simon N. (GM):heh
Qiviel:Then there's nothing Q can do except channel divinity sacred weapon which will boost my attack rolls when I get to those
Simon N. (GM):ok, track the duration K
Qiviel:ok
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Malied:hmm, might be ale to do something actually
Chris T.:(notetoself+1d4to save from Bless)
Malied:not this turn though
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Strohm ready attack with his great sword and end his turn
Erasmus:"Flint, Get downstairs!"
Malied:weirdly we kinda need them inside to make progress xD
Simon N. (GM):Flint: "Och! aye aye Brother!"
Wisdom
Flint Rockwood
Ability: 12 | 9
rolling 3d8
(
4
+
5
+
1
)
=
10
"Ouch! Damn fiendies!"
Wisdom
Dwarf
Ability: 17 | 7
Wisdom
Dwarf
Ability: 4 | 1
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
4
+
2
+
6
)
=
12
Chris T.:15'r for SG?)
Simon N. (GM):15' sphere yup
Chris T.:thanks
Simon N. (GM):The dwarves are retreating downstairs, Flint shepherding them
#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Holding on to Norrin.
Chris T.:"We need to change tack!"
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus roll WIS save for the fiendish spirits tearing at you
Malied:"pull back, we can out range the priestess downstairs
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
5
+
8
+
6
)
=
19
Kenny - Syrus:
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Wisdom Save(+1){12}
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Everyone, get downstairs before we let the door loose!"
Simon N. (GM):DC 13 so 19 dmg!
Kenny - Syrus:OK you deducting?
Simon N. (GM):19/38
just did
Kenny - Syrus:@Simon - the witch is within range of Dissonant Whisper, and the spell description says “one creature that can hear me” (did not say anything about seeing target)- can I “sing” this spell through the arrow slit so she can hear?
Chris T.:Nice!
Simon N. (GM):hm, it is very noisy with the orcs hammering the gate, reckon allow it but advtg on save
Kenny - Syrus:
Dissonant Whispers (Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!)
Source1st Level Enchantment
Range60ft.
Components:V
SaveWisdom DC 15
Psychic Damage11
Malied:hey we heard her chanting :P
Kenny - Syrus:@Simon - it is true what Malied said...?
Simon N. (GM):She is chanting loudly :)
Malied:SING LOUDER SURUS
Simon N. (GM):checking spell description I'm not giving her advtg
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Hahaha
Kenny - Syrus:SCREAMS the Whisper!!!
Simon N. (GM):>>You whisper a discordant melody that only one creature of your choice within range can hear<<
Chris T.:Good luck Syrus
Simon N. (GM):I think you just need to be aware of her
Kenny - Syrus:And I am because she just sent spirits to us!
Simon N. (GM):
Wisdom
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
Ability: 8 | 6
Chris T.:Yay!
Kenny - Syrus:WHOOOP!!! :)
Simon N. (GM):fail
Geoff:Nice
Kenny - Syrus:Let's hope she loses concenration on her spell!
Simon N. (GM):roll dmg
Erasmus:It was 11
Simon N. (GM):concentration save:
Kenny - Syrus:Its in the description earlier - 11 psychic damage
Simon N. (GM):ok
Chris T.:(or that she didn't exclude the Orcs she will be fleeing through..)
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
Ability: 13 | 5
Kenny - Syrus:@Chris - and we should be able to see her through the arrow slits to shoot at her!
She loses concentration!!!
Chris T.:Oh yes please!
Malied:HELL YEA!
Geoff:Into the pit!
Simon N. (GM):13 vs DC 10 is a pass
Chris T.:But now she'sa target
Kenny - Syrus:My DC is 15 though?
Simon N. (GM):"The creature doesn’t move into obviously dangerous ground, such as a fire or a pit. " :)
Geoff::P
Kenny - Syrus:It states in the box above in my spell description...
Erasmus:Concentration is half damage, or 10, whichever is hiogher.
Malied:yarp
Simon N. (GM):Read up on Concentration Kenny
Kenny - Syrus:@Eramus, Oh yea! Sorry Simon
Simon N. (GM):s'ok
Kenny - Syrus:End turn!
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Orcs are Dodging cancelling Advtg fr arrow slits
Chris T.:F moves to the arrow slit beside Erasmus
Simon N. (GM):that one?
E is in the other one
Chris T.:"Budge upa sec,Ras!"
Simon N. (GM):you can only get 1 in a slit sorry :)
Chris T.:Okay...
He moves to there and brings down sacred flame on the one he can see through the murder hole then.
DC12 Dex
Simon N. (GM):ok
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 12 | 14
Chris T.:done
Simon N. (GM):ducks
#Norrin still holding?
Geoff:Norrin continues to do his best impersonation of an immovable object.
Simon N. (GM):Grizelda decides not to wipe out her own army :)
#Malied
Malied:Right, time some bowling revenge >:)
Flaming sphere
Geoff:Yes!
Malied:ram into little miss shitty
Chris T.:hehe
Malied:
DC15
halkf damage
Dexterity Save
A 5-foot-diameter sphere of fire appears in an unoccupied space of your choice within range and lasts for the duration. Any creature that ends its turn within 5 feet of the sphere must make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

As a bonus action, you can move the sphere up to 30 feet. If you ram the sphere into a creature, that creature must make the saving throw against the sphere's damage, and the sphere stops moving this turn.

When you move the sphere, you can direct it over barriers up to 5 feet tall and jump it across pits up to 10 feet wide. The sphere ignites flammable objects not being worn or carried, and it sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.
9
60-foot (5-foot sphere)
Flaming Sphere
then step back for Ayrus
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
Ability: 3 | 18
fail, 9 dmg
Malied:^^
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Chris T.:yay!
Erasmus:Can I see the priestess?
Kenny - Syrus:NICE!
Simon N. (GM):Yeah I reckon but she has +5 AC 3/4 cover
Erasmus:but advantage?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Erasmus:Ok. Two arrows at her.
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{23} | 14
Piercing Damage10
Simon N. (GM):AC 13>18
hit
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Dart{22} | 15
Piercing Damage5
Simon N. (GM):dart?
Erasmus:Sorry - that was meant to be shortbow
Erasmus Bos:
Shortbow (Erasmus Bos)
Piercing Damage9
Chris T.:Nice!
Erasmus:19 total.
Simon N. (GM):She's bloodied
Malied:nice
Kenny - Syrus:Whoop!
Erasmus:Erasmus then falls back, ready to make a stand when the orcs come through the door.
Simon N. (GM):Orc ram - Norrin roll Athletics w advtg
Strength
Orc
Ability: 23 | 19
Geoff:
19
 
 
16
ATHLETICS (7)
Simon N. (GM):oops
Chris T.:That'sokay,we can kill themnow :)
Geoff:Dammit
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d6
(
4
)
=
4
Chris T.:we want to killthem,not keepthem out
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):can i attack?
Chris T.:Muiz,you are blessed for this round and next
Simon N. (GM):The door gives way in a blast of debris, Norrin is knocked back by the ram & takes 4 blunt dmg, yup Strohm can attack once
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
25
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
10Slashing
Malied:do we have flanking rules?
Simon N. (GM):no
Malied:k
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):blessing give 1d4 right can use it to increase damage?
Simon N. (GM):no
Chris T.:just attack and saves
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):okay
Erasmus:Only to hit
Simon N. (GM):The orcs drop the ram, the Black Sun orcs draw mauls & use their 2nd attack to attack
1 round corner at Strohm, cover so +2 AC
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:18 | 12
Damage: 13 blunt
AC 21, miss
2nd also attacks Strohm
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:6 | 15
Damage: 12 blunt
Simon N. (GM):miss
Malied:damn right you run :P
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d8+3
(
7
+
5
)
+3
=
15
Malied:Web is still activwe
Simon N. (GM):I know
Malied:they all needed tot make saves
Simon N. (GM):that's why they're not going through it
they went round it, that's why they
are so slow
Malied:ah, k
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Attack finally :)
Simon N. (GM)::)
Qiviel:
23
 
 
12
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
8Slashing
Chris T.::)
Qiviel:Yay!
going into second round of sacred weapon
Simon N. (GM):Q slashes the orc
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):attack the weaken black sun orc
19
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
16Slashing
Simon N. (GM):nice hit
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Rages - then slashes at the orc in front of her.
22
 
 
16
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
8
Simon N. (GM):hit - track Rage thx
Orc is looking bloody
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:I have. one more.
Simon N. (GM)::)
Kenny - Syrus:@Simon can you ping where the stairs are leading to basement?
OK before I move...
As Malied moved away a little, I will look through the arrow slit and cast SHATTER
“A sudden loud ringing noise, painfully intense, erupts from a point of your choice within range. Each creature in a 10-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Constitution saving throw.
A creature takes 3d8 thunder damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.”
…Centering on this Orc I am pinging:
Kenny - Syrus:
Shatter (Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!)
Source2nd Level Evocation
Range60ft.
Area of Effect10ft.
AoE ShapeSphere
Components:V, S, M(a chip of mica)
SaveConstitution DC 15
Thunder Damage14
Simon N. (GM):ping again pls
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:OOoooooooOOOOOoooooo
Chris T.:hehe
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:(I like Shatter!)
Simon N. (GM):ok you can't see that one
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn one short from killing those regular orcs
Kenny - Syrus:I should be able to see that one...
Simon N. (GM):suggest that one as it won't get you
w red x
Kenny - Syrus:OK!
Thanks!
Simon N. (GM):ok rollin now...
Constitution
Orc
Ability: 5 | 20
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 15 | 6
Kenny - Syrus:Dammit!
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 5 | 3
Kenny - Syrus:(But half damage when saves)
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc
Ability: 23 | 21
Chris T.:(and many of the Orcsare badlycharred)
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc
Ability: 5 | 13
Constitution
Orc
Ability: 12 | 19
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 21 | 8
Constitution
Orc
Ability: 15 | 21
Constitution
Orc
Ability: 7 | 12
OK the shattering sound fades, orcs cry in pain and hold bleeding ears
Kenny - Syrus:Then I peg it 30’ down the stairs!!!
”See ya!! WAHHHH!!!”
End turn!
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:Fraener moves 25' beside Qiviel and bashes the Black Sun with his hammer. Last round oif Bless.
rolling 1d20+1d4+7
(
16
)
+
(
1
)
+7
=
24
rolling 1d8+5
(
7
)
+5
=
12
Done
Simon N. (GM):OK - you move through Q's space to get there. no opp att as 2nd orc is blocked by wall
crunch
#Norrin
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):finnish it Norrin
Geoff:Attack the orc in front of him.
26
 
 
16
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
14
9
 
 
17
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
9
Simon N. (GM):oh Malied Flaming Sphere is conc
Malied:yea, i've not been hit
Simon N. (GM):Web down
Malied:oh, right, web duh >.<
Geoff:Woo!
Simon N. (GM):Norrin cuts down the orc
Chris T.:Yay!
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:nice
k, quick question, if I move to the slit above can move my sphere around to here?#
Geoff:"Time to go, people! Expedite, and I do mean expedite!"
Simon N. (GM):no you can't see out of fort from slit to your N
Malied:k, flirebolt at the the black orc outside then retreat downstairs
Simon N. (GM):You can see to SW corner of building from where you are
ok
Malied:
9
120'
Fire Bolt (+7)
6Fire
Simon N. (GM):miss
Malied:boo!
Chris T.:"We have them just where we want them!"
Erasmus:Can I grant inspiration?
(I have 3)
Simon N. (GM):maybe?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ehh not worth it
Erasmus:"Malied! Sorry for punching you - Take it out on these orcs!"
Simon N. (GM):well you grant it when someone makes a roll
Malied:k, so reroll, or not?
Simon N. (GM):so next time he does a firebolt say
no
Malied:k, fair enough
Erasmus:O, ok. Take it anyway, Malied.
Malied:o, i forgot bonus action ram the sphere into the orc, nvm, I forgot, end turn
Simon N. (GM):you can't grant a hanging insp, only to a specific roll
afaik - and I am letting you stack them :)
Erasmus:Erasmus moves to the window and shoots twice at the black sun orc at the back.
Simon N. (GM):will take a short break at 7pm
ok dodging so no advtg
Erasmus:Thought so.
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{15}
Piercing Damage9
Simon N. (GM):hit
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{16}
Roll DamagesClick
Erasmus Bos:
Shortbow (Erasmus Bos)
Piercing Damage7
Simon N. (GM):both hit
Erasmus:Move to top of stairs. end turn
Simon N. (GM):Orc steps in & tries to push Qiviel back
Q roll Athletics
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 19 | 15
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc theses black sun orcs give a lot of XP but they tanky as fuck
Simon N. (GM):Keelia?
Malied:xp pinatas
Chris T.:goodluck Keelia
Malied:sec
Qiviel:
14
 
 
7
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
10Slashing
plus charisma to attack
Malied:thought you'd d/c'd
Qiviel:so 17
Simon N. (GM):Guess I'll use that for the athletics check :) - fail
Strohm & Jyrdani get op atts
Erasmus:
23
 
 
25
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
10
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
22
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
13Slashing
Simon N. (GM):orc takes 23 dmg
He attacks Norrin
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:17 | 10
Damage: 11 blunt
miss
Geoff:Wher
Whew
Simon N. (GM):Next orc attacks Norrin too
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:19 | 21
Damage: 11 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:15 | 14
Damage: 11 blunt
Qiviel:I think I'm back ?
Chris T.:you are
Qiviel:I seem to see messages now at least
Malied:looks like it
Simon N. (GM):hi K
Orc attacks Strohm round corner, +2 AC
Qiviel:Sorry about that :)
Simon N. (GM):
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:24 | 10
Damage: 9 blunt
Malied:not your fault
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):no shield hiys
Simon N. (GM):hit for 9
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):yup
Simon N. (GM):
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:7 | 23
Damage: 10 blunt
miss
& again
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:18 | 9
Damage: 7 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:19 | 18
Damage: 7 blunt
miss vs AC 21
Simon N. (GM):Lots of orc yelling
Priestess casts Spiritual Weapon
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):occ oh the orc pristesss is back hopefully she wont have anymore level 3 spell slot
Chris T.:pretty sure she will
Simon N. (GM):
18
 
 
18
60 feet
Spiritual Weapon (+5)
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
6Force
Flail bounces off Norrin
Chris T.:yay
Geoff:Grrr....
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:
10
 
 
23
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
11Slashing
Simon N. (GM):You got shoved back through the doorway behind you
Qiviel:plus cha
Is there not a bad guy in front of me?
Simon N. (GM):yes
Qiviel:Ah, he's hiding the door :D
Malied:Doors, the Bane of all D&D players >:(
Qiviel:OK, then instead can she shove back?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):daamn
Simon N. (GM):you can't push him back as several people behind him. What is your CHA bonus?
Qiviel:+3
Simon N. (GM):ok 13 misses
there is a wall behid Fraener, the orc is in the doorway
Qiviel:OK, I see that now :)
Thanks
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Bless is gone Chris?
Chris T.:yes
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):my turn and i attack the orc infront of me
19
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
10Slashing
sorry but im abit lagging
Simon N. (GM):hit
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Simon N. (GM):Flint will brace Strohm if orcs try to push him back
ok will take 10 min break
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Did you want to take a break?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):kay
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:There we go. :)
Kenny - Syrus:Top up that wine!
Malied:grabbing a bite, brb
Chris T.:What a good idea :)
Kenny - Syrus:We are doing OK, right?
Chris T.:It wasd bad getting pushed back
but we can alter our plans accordingly
And we have a secure defence in place downstairs
Geoff:It's not "bad" bad. We're managing to get a few hits on each black sun orc, and taking them down with minimal hits to us. If we can create a barricade of orcish bodies at the doorway, that will give us the chance to withdraw down the stairs.
Chris T.:Qiveland possibly Fraener are in hot water. But if we can keep piling damage onto the front Orcs.
F will Bless Qiviel, Norrin and himself next round and call ujp his own spiritual hammer.But that's all his spells gone then.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):im just afraid for Qiviel if they keep pushing her around eventually she'll be surrounded and isolated from us
Kenny - Syrus:I plan to come back up next round to deal heals
Chris T.:We need topile damage onto the orcs though.
I'm not sure if Fraener is north of the wall with her?
Geoff:If Q and F weren't so isolated, Norrin would have withdrawn last turn. But he can't leave allies stranded like that.
Chris T.:and many of those normalorcs outside are very low on HP
If need be Geoff.Q and F can hold that door
Kenny - Syrus:How do we get to the other ones hidden behind the blocks? We needa head out?
Malied:back
Chris T.:With our high A/Cand dodge action if nothing else. But then then the big gun AoE's will have to startkilling themin droves down stairs.
Qiviel:Q can go to roof and use rope to climb down and circle around and attack from back?
Chris T.:We really don't want to be outside
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Need to move the ladder back for that.
And we don't want to be outside.
Malied:I'm gonna try blasting the witch with my last heavy spell, hopefully that will end her
Chris T.:We'restillpretty wellpositioned and on good HP
we just have tokeep heaping damage on them
Malied:we still need her out of the picture
Chris T.:she is a bloody menace
Geoff:The black sun orcs are tough 1 on 1, but if we can get multiple swords against them, we'll be okay.
Chris T.:yup
Simon N. (GM):Not sure low alcohol beer agrees w me - switching to proper beer now :)
Chris T.:@GM Is Fraener north or south of the wall?
Simon N. (GM):south
Chris T.:thanks.Drat
Simon N. (GM):so he can hit orcs
Erasmus:You're inside. It's a 10'x15' room.
Simon N. (GM):yup
#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Roaring at the orc, she tries to cut his arm off with a reckless attack.
27
 
 
24
Ironwolf RAGING (+7)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
14 + 8
Chris T.:yay!
Kenny - Syrus:WOW!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):nice
Geoff:Oooo
Malied:sweet
Simon N. (GM):crit for 22, he roars in pain
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):but still standing unfortunately
Simon N. (GM):#Syrus
Kenny - Syrus:OK, I head back up to this window…
(I think thats 25')
And casts SHATTER again - this time centered on the Orc in front of this arrow slit…
Simon N. (GM):well the stairs are difficult terrain going up... roll Acrobatics DC 10 to get there
Kenny - Syrus:I made it the same space from last turn though?
Simon N. (GM):going down not diff terrain
Kenny - Syrus:
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Acrobatics(+6){11}
Simon N. (GM):ok
Kenny - Syrus:Ok... SHATTER!
Shatter (Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!)
Source2nd Level Evocation(Cast at 3rd Level)
Range60ft.
Area of Effect10ft.
AoE ShapeSphere
Cast at3rd Level
Components:V, S, M(a chip of mica)
SaveConstitution DC 15
Thunder Damage15
Simon N. (GM):point where you want it centred
ok...
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:can you hit between the orc and priestess?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn if you targeted the regular orcs a lot of orcs would have died
Simon N. (GM):Syrus roll CON save DC 15
Kenny - Syrus:Is that poss @Simon, what Tim said?
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Constitution Save(+2){9}
Simon N. (GM):Syrus' ears bleed - on 4 hp
orcs
Kenny - Syrus:What happened?
Simon N. (GM):you just cast Shatter on yourself
Kenny - Syrus:Did Priestess do something?
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 21 | 21
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 12 | 10
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:If you cast on that orc in front of you, you're in the radius.
Kenny - Syrus:Oh I see! @Tim
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
Ability: 16 | 21
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:That's why I suggested trying to hit between them.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Kenny - Syrus:It's fine
Chris T.:Fraener casts his last two spell slots. Action to Bless Qiviel, himself and Norrin. Then bonus action to bring forth his spiritual hammer and attack the Orc agin Q.
Kenny - Syrus:To finish I move 5' back
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:only three saves?
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+1d4+4 # spiritual hammer
(
19
)
+
(
4
)
+4
=
27
Simon N. (GM):hm, should be 4 yup as 20' across
I'll do back one
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8+2 # force
(
3
)
+2
=
5
Done
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 10 | 17
OK F hammers it for 5
#Norrin
Geoff:Attack the orc in front of him.
13
 
 
22
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
13
15
 
 
21
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
10
Simon N. (GM):1 hit for 10
Chris T.:you'reblessed Norrin
+1d4
Simon N. (GM):2 hits then...
Geoff:
rolling 1d4
(
4
)
=
4
Simon N. (GM):Norrin cuts down the orc
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice
Chris T.:Yay, get into that spACE!
sEAL THE GAP!
And now brace Norrin
Simon N. (GM):Fraener is excited :)
Geoff:2 dead orcs in that space now.
Chris T.:Please!
Block them getting in
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:@smn another pain the arse question, can i cast a spell at a 45 degree angle from a slit?
Chris T.:That was ouromne chance to take back the advantage
Simon N. (GM):You can just see from 45 degrees in slit so yes, should be ok
Malied:
22
Line
Aganazzar’s Scorcher (+7)
DC15
half damage
Dexterity Save
A line of roaring flame 30 feet long and 5 feet wide emanates from you in a direction you choose. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 3d8 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd.
22Fire
at the witch
hits the two orcs behind her too
Simon N. (GM):no, there is a wall behind her
Malied:k, either way she can burn :P
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
Ability: 4 | 14
She takes 22 fire & screams
Malied:damnit, almost had her
Kenny - Syrus:YAYS!!!
Malied:right, move down to the next slit
ram sphere into this orc
DC15
half damage
Dexterity Save
A 5-foot-diameter sphere of fire appears in an unoccupied space of your choice within range and lasts for the duration. Any creature that ends its turn within 5 feet of the sphere must make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

As a bonus action, you can move the sphere up to 30 feet. If you ram the sphere into a creature, that creature must make the saving throw against the sphere's damage, and the sphere stops moving this turn.

When you move the sphere, you can direct it over barriers up to 5 feet tall and jump it across pits up to 10 feet wide. The sphere ignites flammable objects not being worn or carried, and it sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.
6
60-foot (5-foot sphere)
Flaming Sphere
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 2 | 10
Orc's bottom burns!
He shrieks!
Malied:^^
final 5' of moverment to get out of syrus's way then end turn
Erasmus:Seeing a small opening, Erasmus drops his bow and squeezes past Flint and Strohm. He then attacks the orc attempting to enter.
Chris T.:Bold move! Excellent!
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Darkwood Staff{26}
Bludgeoning Damage6
Chris T.:seal the buggers up
Erasmus:Stunning Strike
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 9 | 18
stunned!
Erasmus:Fail. DC13
Chris T.:yay
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Darkwood Staff{15} | 11
Bludgeoning Damage8
Simon N. (GM):advtg?
Erasmus:Stunned
Simon N. (GM):hit for 8
yup I missed the 11
Erasmus:Flurry of blows on the guy to the north
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Flurry of Blows{23}
Bludgeoning Damage6
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{17}
Roll DamagesClick
Erasmus:ignore that
Simon N. (GM):hit for 6
Erasmus:Stunning Strike
Simon N. (GM):
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 15 | 6
pass
Erasmus:Shit
Chris T.:hardlines
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Flurry of Blows{13}
Bludgeoning Damage10
Simon N. (GM):miss, bad luck
2 ki left?
Erasmus:Yup
However he can't take reactions
Simon N. (GM):end?
Erasmus:Yep.
Malied:thee two orc next to the ball can now burn :P
damn them, now why would they run away from the fire? xD
its so warm
Simon N. (GM):The Fiends reappear
Orc behind stunnee throws javelin at Norrin
rolling d20+5
(
8
)
+5
=
13
spirit weapon on Norrin
Geoff::(
Simon N. (GM):
16
 
 
19
60 feet
Spiritual Weapon (+5)
Orc, Black Sun Priestess
5Force
miss
Geoff::)
Simon N. (GM):north orc attacks Norrin
sorry Erasmus I meant
I get so used to typing 'attacks Norrin' :)
Chris T.:We need Norrin in that spot
Geoff:Norrin is so attackable.
Simon N. (GM):
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:25 | 18
Damage: 12 + 6 blunt
Maul
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:11 | 23
Damage: 8 blunt
1 hit for 18
Kenny - Syrus:REACTION!!!
Simon N. (GM):E on 27/45
Kenny - Syrus:Cutting words on the Damage please!
Simon N. (GM):you're not in LOS
Erasmus:You can't see me.
Kenny - Syrus:D'oh!
Erasmus:Wait - when did Syrus move?
Kenny - Syrus:I should be back where Malied is....
Chris T.:But Norrin could hold that doorforever
Simon N. (GM):you stepped back from the slit as far as you could after attacking, I adjusted your position as you were over generous w your move
Geoff:Not against the black sun orcs, he can't. They'd hammer him into the ground. We need to get as many attacks against them as we can.
Chris T.:We can heal him, bless h9im
cutrting words opneof the attacks agin him
he's the only one who can
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel roll WIS save
FOR DESCRIPTION ONLY
Spirit Guardians
Conjuration 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (15-foot radius)
Target: Self (15-foot radius)
Components: V, S, M (A holy symbol)
Duration: Concentration Up to 10 minutes
You call forth spirits to protect you. They flit around you to a distance of 15 feet for the duration. If you are good or neutral, their spectral form appears angelic or fey (your choice). If you are evil, they appear fiendish. When you cast this spell, you can designate any number of creatures you can see to be unaffected by it. An affected creature’s speed is halved in the area, and when the creature enters the area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 radiant damage (if you are good or neutral) or 3d8 necrotic damage (if you are evil). On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage.
At Higher LevelsWhen you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 3rd.
SPELL SAVE DC: 13
Geoff:Fraener said we need to let the orcs in so we can kill them. Is that still true?
Qiviel:
20
 
 
13
WISDOM SAVE (5)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
8
+
6
+
4
)
=
18
18/2 = 9 Necrotic
Chris T.:We need to keep the door. It lets us attack more than them. Now we need to bring down the guardians
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel your go
Qiviel:
8
 
 
14
5 ft
Longsword +1 (1h) (+6)
14Slashing
Simon N. (GM):11 misses
Malied:Syrus and I will get the witch down
Chris T.:excellent
Malied:provided I don't die before ofc :P
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm roll WIS save
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
15
WISDOM SAVE (-1)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
5
+
1
+
5
)
=
11
5 dmg
your go
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):can i attack the orc in the corner?
Simon N. (GM):The one to your NE has +2 AC fr doorway but stunned > advtg
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):
18
 
 
26
Excruciator, Sword of Amaul (Bonded) (+7)
10Slashing
end turn
Simon N. (GM):Hit for 10
#Jyrdani
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):can she throw a javelin or anything?
Simon N. (GM):roll CON save
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:WIS save?
Simon N. (GM):sorry WIS
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:
15
 
 
5
WISDOM SAVE (1)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
4
+
7
+
8
)
=
19
9 necrotic
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Javelin at the stunned guy - not reckless
Simon N. (GM):did we both deduct 9 from J?
you'll need to drop your sword
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:she was on 35
Simon N. (GM):thx
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:ok
9
 
 
23
30'/120'
Javelin (4) (+6)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd
5Piercing
Simon N. (GM):ok ac 16, advtg
hit
no miss sorry
no hit
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:haha
Simon N. (GM):sorry losing it! :)
Chris T.::)
Simon N. (GM):I feel like this battle has been going on for weeks...
Chris T.:it has
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Pick up sword if allowed, if not, end turn
Simon N. (GM):no
#Syrus roll Wis save
Malied:Come on Syrus, end the bitch
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
5
+
1
+
2
)
=
8
Kenny - Syrus:
Syrus, Bard of Many Scrolls!
Wisdom Save(+1){11}
Oops!
Simon N. (GM):Syrus drops at 0 hp
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):damn no syrus
Kenny - Syrus:I am unconscious
Malied::O
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Damn. Even on a save. :(
Chris T.:oh bugger!
Malied:this does not boad well -.-
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener WIS save
Chris T.:can Fraener see the priestess?
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
1
+
1
+
5
)
=
7
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+1d4+4
(
14
)
+
(
2
)
+4
=
20
(and he has 7 temp HP from beer??)
Simon N. (GM):no the door is small
hm you can't see it, trust me I guess
Chris T.:Okay, then he moves the spiritualhammeras a bonus to hit stunned guy
Simon N. (GM):3 nec
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20a +1d4+4
1
=
1
hmmm
Simon N. (GM):1d20a ?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i think the a messef up th amcro
Chris T.:I'm notdoing well here :D
Simon N. (GM):roll again
Chris T.:ais the discord syntax for advantage.I'll try again
Simon N. (GM):start w 2d20 for advtg
Chris T.:
rolling 2d20kh1 +1d4+4
(
10
+
14
)
+
(
1
)
+4
=
19
Simon N. (GM):hit
Chris T.:
rolling 1d8+2 # force
(
8
)
+2
=
10
Simon N. (GM):ouch
Norrin
Chris T.:then
hang on
Erasmus:Sacred Flame!! Auto fail on DEX!!
Chris T.:his action he will bring down sacred flame,dex save fails with stun?
rolling 1d8# radiant
1
=
1
awww
done
Simon N. (GM):yup 1 dmg
Erasmus:Aw, man!!
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Geoff:Attack the orc facing F and Q
13
 
 
20
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
12
10
 
 
16
5'
+1 Nar Hero Sword (+8)
14
Chris T.:Blessed
+1d4
Geoff:
rolling 1d4
(
4
)
=
4
On both?
Simon N. (GM):d4 again
Geoff:
rolling 1d4
(
4
)
=
4
Chris T.:yay
Simon N. (GM):separate d4s
yup 2 hits
Geoff:Nice
Simon N. (GM):26 dmg, the orc champion staggers
Muiz:nice
Simon N. (GM):oh yeah WIS save NOrrin!
rolling 3d8
(
6
+
6
+
1
)
=
13
Chris T.:=1d4
Geoff:
12
 
 
16
WISDOM SAVE (2)
Chris T.:+1d4 onj save
Geoff:
rolling 1d4
(
2
)
=
2
Chris T.:yes!
Simon N. (GM):pass (DC 13) so 6 dmg
Geoff:39/49
Malied:difficult decision :(
Simon N. (GM):Malied WIS save
Malied:
20
WISDOM SAVE (3)
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
5
+
2
+
6
)
=
13
6 dmg
Malied:ok, you guys are gonna hate me fore this
Muiz:finish off the orc priestesss
Malied:Move up, lock eyes with the witch and say "Remember me?"
burning hands
10
Self (15-foot cone)
Burning Hands (+7)
DC15
Half damage
Dexterity Save
All Creatures within a 15 foot cone
14Fire
NOOOOO
Chris T.:ifit brings those guardians down we willlove you!
Simon N. (GM):The orc war chief has a spear Ready to stab into the arrow slit
Malied +5 AC
Malied:hit
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d8+4
(
2
+
7
)
+4
=
13
Erasmus:-MSdOgYG40FPYaDGe1Hv|repeating_npcaction_-MSdOgvivIi80nl0-ThU_npc_dmg
Simon N. (GM):Malied takes a spear in the face and goes down on top of Syrus
Chris T.:oh bugger
Malied:?
shit
Simon N. (GM):OOC I wondered why they gave war chiefs a spear on their stat block - now I know! >:)
Malied:can anyone get round to te other slit and kill her?
Erasmus:How come 2d8? That's a bloody big spear!! o_O
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus
Gruumsh’s Fury
The orc deals an extra 4 (1d8) damage when it hits with a weapon attack (included in the attacks).
Muiz:did th orc priestess not burn from the burning hands?
Simon N. (GM):Readied action went off first
Muiz:ahh isee
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Wisdom Save(+2){20} | 4
Chris T.:nice
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 3d8
(
6
+
3
+
8
)
=
17
8 dmg
Chris T.:ouch
Simon N. (GM):19 left?
Erasmus:Erasmus tries to take out the orc in front of him to clear a path to the priestess.
(yuo)
Chris T.:Good luck!
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Darkwood Staff{26} | 9
Bludgeoning Damage11
Simon N. (GM):dead
Chris T.:Yes!
Erasmus:He steps forward and taps into the well of inspiration...
Simon N. (GM):"I am Grizelda! We are your death. human!"
Chris T.:"GOOD LAD!"
Erasmus:(for advantage)
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Darkwood Staff{27} | 17
Bludgeoning Damage6
Simon N. (GM):The chief behind her withdraws a blood dripping spear from the arrow slit
hit for 6
CONC check
Constitution
Orc, Black Sun Priestess