Loudwater

Loudwater

Saturday, 10 April 2021

FA1 9/10/59 Rockwood Hall - Orcs In the Bailey

 





Simon N. (GM):GM: #21 Barlgura comes leaping over the fence... several dwarf readied attacks go off
Malied:ok...using firefox now
wahoo!
Chris T.:Including my Guiding Bolt I believe?
Simon N. (GM):yup. 2 crossbowdwarves shoot from arrow slits, Vili shoots from the steps - Fraener you can go first
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20+1d4+4 # 2nd level
(
11
)
+
(
2
)
+4
=
17
Simon N. (GM):hit
Chris T.:
rolling 5d6 # radiant + advantage to next shot
(
4
+
1
+
6
+
4
+
6
)
=
21
Ted:Good shot
Simon N. (GM):(need to reload sorry!)
Vili thus gets advtg
Chris T.:Strohm, Villi and one dwarf sharpshooter are also blessed
Simon N. (GM):(Roll20 is screwing w my NPC sheets v bad)
Chris T.::(
Simon N. (GM):
Chris T.:+1d4
from Bless
Simon N. (GM):AC 15, hits :)
Chris T.:"Well done, Villi, lad!"
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d8
(
7
)
=
7
Vili: "Wow! I hit the eejit!"
Chris T.::D
Simon N. (GM):
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:15 | 12
Damage: 2 Piercing
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:14 | 13
Damage: 6 Piercing
another hit for 2
The wounded demon lands behind a storage shed and attacks Jyrdani
Chris T.:entangled?
Simon N. (GM):another readied shot
(it is at half speed in the tangle, yes)
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:8 | 16
Damage: 8 Piercing
nice shot that dwarf :)
demon has taken 38 dmg
Chris T.:Yay! Go Dwarves!
Malied:fingers crossed I stay on this time
Simon N. (GM):
Multiattack
Barlgura
The barlgura makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its fists.
Bite
Barlgura
Attack:15 | 27
Damage: 9 + 9 piercing
Fist
Barlgura
Attack:21 | 8
Damage: 6 bludgeoning
Fist
Barlgura
Attack:12 | 21
Damage: 10 bludgeoning
didn't go reckless, so 1 hit for 6 on Jyrdani AC 21
Qiviel:are we fighting here or pulling back?
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin - still minding the door?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc pull back
Chris T.:(I think it best we get Jyrdani inside then pull back.)
Geoff:Yes, can he see the demon enough from around the shed to throw a javelin or two at it?
Simon N. (GM):Yes you can drop your readied action to close the door, & instead throw 2 javelins fr quiver, or 4 w action surge
You are at top of steps w a clear view of it
so AC 15
Geoff:He's not going to close the door just yet, so 2 javelins. No surge just yet.
14
 
 
17
30'/120'
Javelin (4) (+7)
6Piercing
18
 
 
23
30'/120'
Javelin (4) (+7)
9Piercing
Simon N. (GM):1 hit for 9
#Fraener
Geoff:Ok, done. He'll wait until as many people as possible can get into the building before he closes the door.
Malied:test
Simon N. (GM):i see you james
Chris T.:Fraener asks inspiration from the Moradin (advantage using his insp?) Then moves down the srteps and north to get a good cleart shot at the demon and sends another 2nd level Guiding bolt at it. Blessed.
(From Erasmus): I just noticed how lag made it look like I was agreeing to control Syrus tonight. For the record, I wasn't!
Simon N. (GM):oh ok Tim
Chris T.:
rolling 2d20kh1 +1d4 +4
(
9
+
15
)
+
(
1
)
+4
=
20
Malied:nvm Keelia, i see to be on now :D
Simon N. (GM):hit
Chris T.:
rolling 5d6 # radiant and adv on next
(
6
+
6
+
3
+
4
+
3
)
=
22
Simon N. (GM):The foul demon screams horribly and dies!
Erasmus:OH SNAP!
Fraener smashed it!!
Chris T.:"£FOR MORADIN!"
Qiviel:(Yay Fraener!)
Chris T.:F moves 5' back towards the steps to cover J's retreat.
Simon N. (GM):Its body is already disintegrating as it hits the ground
Chris T.:End turn
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nice Fraener
Geoff:Awesome!
Malied:nice
Chris T.:"This way Dwarf!"
Geoff:"Back to where you came from, foul beast!"
Simon N. (GM):The suddenly freed dwarf doorman slams the suddenly freed gate shut and slides the bolt home. You hear angry yells from the orcs.
Ted:Hail Fraenar
Chris T.:(I'm not I'll take a look)
"What a hero!"
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani (Tim)
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani sees the gate shut and heads inside.
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:hmm, am I more than 30' from the roof?
Simon N. (GM):Not vertically :)
Malied:xD
Simon N. (GM):It would def take you a Dash to get there by the ladder though
Malied:I'll dash then and try to get to the SE part of the roof
Simon N. (GM):ok I'll move you
Malied:thanks :)
Simon N. (GM):30' to base of ladder
+10x2=20
up ladder
60
Malied:k, coolio, thanks
Simon N. (GM):to there
Malied:perfct thanks ;)
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):move and ready action to attack
Simon N. (GM):w sword?
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):with great sword
end turn
Simon N. (GM):I got Syrus & Strohm mixed up
Strohm is at top of steps right now
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):oh no wonder wgy was i down tunnel alreay? XD
Simon N. (GM):yeah I moved S instead of S :)
I don't do well running PCs!
Erasmus:Least you're not getting mistaken for Malied today!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Yeah im standing next to the entrance and ready attack
Chris T.:"You're a hero, lad! Get down and tellLord Rockwood what's happening."
Simon N. (GM):"Aye sye sir!"
#Erasmus
Erasmus:To Jyrdani "Hold the line with Fraener and the others, we'll try and soften them up a little before they get here. I'll see you in a bit."
Erasmus then follows Malied up to the roof.
Simon N. (GM):25 to ladder +20 up ladder = 45 to roof
Erasmus:Dash to get as close to Ted as possible please.
Simon N. (GM):75 to there
Ted:Welcome to the party ... pals
Simon N. (GM):wings are for 'on roof'
Erasmus:"Ted - can we swap bows? I can shoot a shortbow twice, but a crossbow only once."
Ted:sure
here you go dude hands bow and a quiver of arrows
Flint Rockwood:"How's it going up there, lads?!"
#Ted
(used object interaction swapping weapons) :)
Ted:stands and moves to north west of roof
(i think I can get there) and looks for flankers
Flint Rockwood:Ted can see the cliffs rising to west & north - no sign of orcs
Ted:checks sites of crossbow ready attack if i can
end turn thx
Simon N. (GM):1 square less & you can ready :)
Ted:tvm cheers
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Qiviel:Q will move down to hold position by the stairs to the mines and ready an attack
(she'll be the last one down or one of the last)
Simon N. (GM):(BTW the pit cover was damaged by the Entangle & is quite obvious now)
Erasmus:Aw man?! Catch us a break!!
Simon N. (GM):
rolling 2d6
(
5
+
3
)
=
8
rolling 2d6
(
1
+
3
)
=
4
A brave orc tries to use the tree stump to reach the top of the battlements...
Strength
Orc
Ability: 22 | 13
22 athletics - He leaps up, catches the palisade top, and vaults in!
(action)
Simon N. (GM):bonus action charges Fraener
black sun orc tries to follow suit
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 14 | 4
fail :)
Ted:The force is strong with Fraener
Chris T.:hehe
Simon N. (GM):target rich environment...
Malied:Indeed >:)
Simon N. (GM):
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:22 | 14
Damage: 6 piercing
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:24 | 20
Damage: 5 piercing
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:22 | 24
Damage: 7 piercing
orc approaching Fraener takes 2 bolts for 12, staggers
#Norrin
Geoff:"C'mon, Fraener. Time to go. Stop playing with your little friend." He readies action to bar the door once Fraener and the gate guard are inside.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:Fraerner brains the Orc,if he kills it he retires inside. If he doesn't he moves inside taking an OA as he goes.
rolling 1d20+1d4+7
(
18
)
+
(
4
)
+7
=
29
rolling 1d8+5
(
1
)
+5
=
6
Simon N. (GM):down he goes
Chris T.:With one last look around to make sure all aresfaely within he races inside. End turn
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Where do you want me, Fraener?"
Jyrdani wants to keep Erasmus safe, but also doesn't want to leave the defenses weakened...
Chris T.:"Go find your man, Jyrdani, he's on the roof. four of us with the dwarves can hold here."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Okay - Thank you!"
(Dash up to roof then toward Erasmus, please.)
(Thanks)
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:I need to centre a 20' cube, Idealy covering the orcs alongside the wall, can I see a location to do that from here?
Simon N. (GM):not from there
Malied:k, where do i need to move too?
Simon N. (GM):You are on the roof 5' back from the east wall
You can move 30' to the south parapet & look over, that way you can see along the wall
Malied:k, coolio
Simon N. (GM):The orcs are starting to think about readying javelins... but haven't yet :)
Malied:k, I throw down Web ccatching the orcs next to the wall and as many of the others as I can
I think that means its centred here?
I've never used a cube layout before
Simon N. (GM):You could get those ones by using the palisade as an anchor
Malied:hmm, what is I use the ground on the road?
Simon N. (GM):You need 2 surfaces
eg palisade & ground
Malied:if i can't get the ones by the wall i'd like to try and cut off the others
Simon N. (GM):AFAICS that looks like your only practical option & it cuts off access to the weak point on the palisade
Malied:'Webs layered over flat surfaces have a depth of 5'
Simon N. (GM):(being helpful to reflect Malied's INT) :D
Malied:doesn't thast mean you could lay it on the floor?
Simon N. (GM):oh right I see they added a new line!
Malied:xD
so if I aim here, i'll cut off the road and catch some of the palsaide guys right?
Simon N. (GM):ok
Malied:perfect!
Simon N. (GM):howls from angry orcs
Malied:phew, soz that took so long
end turn
dex saves from everyone of them that are in or enter that web
lots of rolling for you smn xD
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):move and ready action to attack
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):end turn
Ted:Groovy Mailed. One firebolt and that web will ignite! Sweet.
Malied:NO!!!!
Battering ram moving up
just shoot them, you have adv
Simon N. (GM):Mistress Gundra busily passes out the Brew
#Erasmus
Erasmus:Erasmus moves to the edge of the rook and, with a quick peek over the edge, pops a couple of arrows off...
Chris T.:Yay! for brew :)
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{27}
Roll DamagesClick
Erasmus Bos:
Shortbow (Erasmus Bos)
Piercing Damage7
Piercing Critical Damage5
Chris T.:nice
Simon N. (GM):OK Erasmus leans over to get a shot off (longbow would have disad but sbow nice and short)
Malied:I like the image of her patient passing out drinks while a war is going on just outside the walls
patiently*
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{23}
Piercing Damage9
Chris T.:It's the Dwarven way, James :D
Simon N. (GM):Orc drops
Dexterity
Orc Tracker
Ability: 4 | 21
Erasmus:He then pulls away from the edge
Malied:DC 15 Dex save for the orcs
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc Tracker
Ability: 17 | 4
Malied::P
Simon N. (GM):breaks free
Malied:booo
cost him his action atleast
Erasmus:Did the dwarf outside not come in?
Chris T.:"C'mon In you go,let's get this door bolted."
Simon N. (GM):(did I miss it? OK Norrin bolts the door behind him)
Erasmus:(It's ok - you've got a lot going on!!)
Geoff:Norrin leans his back against the door "Well, that didn't go as planned."
Flint Rockwood:"Everything good? We lose anyone?"
Chris T.:"We're all safe for now,Lord Norrin. Round one to us I think?"
Flint Rockwood:#Ted
Chris T.:"Nay, Lord Flint. All safely gathered in."
Ted:BA hide pop up and shoot if thats ok?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Ted:stealth check?
Simon N. (GM):yup
Ted:
19
 
 
23
STEALTH (7)
Geoff:"I'd say so," Norrin replies. "Their demon is gone and that's hugely in our favour."
Ted:sorry did meant to roll with adv
take the first one?
ha it was on disadvantage
Simon N. (GM):yup - I'll count that as a success but they techically have PP 20 due to advtg!
Keen Senses
The scout has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) and Survival checks that rely on hearing sight or scent.
Ted:ok thx
7
 
 
18
80/320
Light Crossbow (+5)
10Sneak
5Piercing
Simon N. (GM):so in future would be DC 20 assuming you start unseen
21 if start seen
Ted:'ok got it
AC 18 15dmg with the cross bow on closest scout
Simon N. (GM):The orc staggers, arrow in the chest
Chris T.:nice hit!
Simon N. (GM):(1 hp left)
Ted:end turn thx
Simon N. (GM):sensible move :)
#Qiviel
Qiviel:There's nothing much she can do but wait and hold either a retreat or an attack depending on what the rest of the group does.
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 18 | 22
Malied:you could go out and fight the horde :P
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 18 | 17
Malied:Dex then str
Simon N. (GM):DC 20 to climb palisade, 2 fails
Chris T.:"Three of you can hold this interior door all day long. With these murder holes we can kill anything that gets inside. Just hold the line at the door. We need more men on the roof and at these arrow slits though!"
Malied:o, nvm
Simon N. (GM):I'm rolling for their attempts to climb over
Strength
Orc
Ability: 7 | 17
Chris T.:afk 1 min
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 17 | 19
Ted:hey dead eye sniper scout dudes bogies at 1o'clock Ted chops his hand toward the trackers north
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 23 | 14
Strength
Orc
Ability: 11 | 18
Malied:sneaky boogers
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 7 | 10
Strength
Orc
Ability: 21 | 17
Chris T.:back
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 16 | 21
Chris T.:"We can kill 'em quicker at close quarters!"
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 16 | 20
ok I'll roll for the Webbed ones now
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 17 | 21
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 9 | 11
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 15 | 9
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 19 | 3
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 7 | 19
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 20 | 5
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 16 | 6
Malied::(
Simon N. (GM):2nd & 5th caught
Malied:worth a shot atleast
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 15 | 14
Chris T.:"Hurt them! Don't wrapthem up. We need to kill the buggers!"
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 21 | 19
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 23 | 6
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 11 | 8
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 8 | 13
Malied:"I['ve been trying to spread them out so that we don't get hit by them all at once -.-
Simon N. (GM):STR saves
Strength
Orc
Ability: 13 | 23
Strength
Orc
Ability: 6 | 15
Malied:STR checks not saves
Simon N. (GM):ok, no diff for them
Malied:not that it makes much diff
Simon N. (GM):You did a very decent job bunching them up, just need some fireballs :D
Malied:if we level up by the end of this there fireball galor
Simon N. (GM):3 readied dwarf xbow shots at orc at the gate
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:13 | 13
Damage: 6 Piercing
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:16 | 11
Damage: 6 Piercing
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:16 | 22
Damage: 7 + 6 Piercing
dead orc
gate still shut
Simon N. (GM):
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:19 | 9
Damage: 8 piercing
Malied:"Just a friendly piece of advice, those webbed ones are easy pickings at the moment ;) "
Ted:good shootin
Malied:woops, too soon
Simon N. (GM):Dwarf "OK elf"
Malied:"sigh.....half-elf...."
Simon N. (GM):
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:20 | 10
Damage: 12 piercing
Chris T.:Yay!
Malied:vry nice
Simon N. (GM):
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:23 | 22
Damage: 5 piercing
Dwarf scout: "Orc inside the walls!"
#Norrin
Ted:these scouts are great marksdwarves
Geoff:Norrin readies his sword and shield, and takes up a guard position behind the barred door. End turn.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:"We need to fall back to thge interior door, draw them into the short passage between the murder holes! Three can attack one as they try to enter."
"Lord FRlint we need a half dozen more warriors on the roof!"
Move within, done.
here.
Geoff:"The web will slow the battering ram down, giving us a bit of time."
Ted:Any one heard of the Battle of Orcs Drift?
Chris T.:That is our key choke point
Erasmus:OOC The brew Gundra gave us before is past it's Use By date, right?
Simon N. (GM):you can crack a can & see :)
Chris T.:(Tyed, the old Warhammer game? Yes!)
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Chris T.:"We don't need time , Norrin. We need the buggers right here."
"So we can start killing them in droves!"
Ted:Ted smiles Momma told me all about that battle
Geoff:"Patience, good Fraener. Soon you'll be bathing in all the orcish blood you want."
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Hearing Ted call out that there are orcs coming from the north, she moves that way to catch anyone trying to scale the wall.
Ready her sword.
Ted:Hey Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:"Hey."
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:Malied moves away from the edge of the roof to the eastside and holds a firebolt for the next or as a little 'suprise'
end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):reain here and ready to attack
end turn
Erasmus:(Sorry, just realised I left J over the hole in the roof!)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):occ nt much to do until the orv arrives
Ted:come up here and help keep them off the roof Strohm?
Simon N. (GM):OOC Chris are you tracking your Bless rounds?
Chris T.:yes,at 5
Malied:ooc you could step out and hold attacks at the walls for when they come over, but then you do run the risk of getting overwhelmed by them :(
Simon N. (GM):thx C
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i can do more damge with my sword than a firebolt
Chris T.:Exactly, Muiz!
Simon N. (GM):Fraener you can roll Persuasion vs Flint
Chris T.:A line of three at the inside door gives us 3 attacks agin what ever tries to come through.
And I can bless them all!
Malied:ooc unfortualty you will do more damage with your magic in this scenario until they get in
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20-1
(
5
)
-1
=
4
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):and i dont want to be there when it rains javelins
Flint Rockwood:"The sharpshooters and your boys can handle upstairs - need plenty down here for killin em when they get through the gate."
Chris T.:Well anyone else have a plan?
Ted:make em pay for every inch
Geoff:Norrin agrees that using the inner door as their first line of defence is a good idea. Once the outer door falls, they can defend that as long as they can, then retreat to the mines below.
Flint Rockwood:#Erasmus
Chris T.:"Thank you, Norrin."
Erasmus:Erasmus sidles back up to the edge of the wall, looses two more arrows before slipping out of sight again.
Malied:until they can get in in number either by mass climbing or opening the gate we are pretty good as is]
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{11}
Piercing Damage6
Erasmus:BI
Simon N. (GM):miss
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos

custom: roll
{8}
Malied:after that we need to rethink
Chris T.:(But we arten't killing them, James. We need to kill them.)
Ted:Ted thinks the dwarves would appreciate the sentiment and hopes they wont mistake him for the enemy
Simon N. (GM):What's BI?
Erasmus:(That was Bardic Inspiration from Syrus, by the way.
Simon N. (GM):cheers
The orc takes it in the neck :)
Chris T.:yay!
Malied:well either we go out and fight them in the court yeard (which is suicide) or we may as well open the way for them
Erasmus Bos:
Erasmus Bos
Shortbow{17}
Piercing Damage6
Malied:nice
Chris T.:No we don't James. Please listen to the plan.
Simon N. (GM):wounded
Geoff:"Oh, they'll find their way in here, one way or another. But let's make them work for it."
Ted:Yeah
Chris T.:IWe want them in here.
Simon N. (GM):Orc sharpshooters loose up at their dwarf counterparts... superior cover +5 AC
Chris T.:as soon as we can
Simon N. (GM):
Multiattack
Orc Tracker
The orc makes two melee attacks or two ranged attacks.
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:22 | 15
Damage: 5 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:11 | 17
Damage: 6 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:11 | 11
Damage: 10 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:24 | 17
Damage: 7 + 2 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:18 | 22
Damage: 8 piercing
Simon N. (GM):
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:17 | 9
Damage: 4 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:19 | 6
Damage: 7 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:8 | 11
Damage: 4 piercing
Dwarf AC 15>20
Erasmus:brb - Can someone cover Jyrdani if I'm not back, please?
Ted:the trackers are good, keep your heads down
Chris T.:sure
Simon N. (GM):1 dwarf is wounded, 14 dmg
Chris T.:(There'stoo many to take on in a shooting battle. Our advantage lays at the entrance.)
Simon N. (GM):#Ted
Malied:well until they get into the courtyard theres nothing else to do, this turn they'll make they'll move in
Ted:WHAS THAT FRAY - YOU WANT US TO PULL BACK shouts ted over the rain of arrows
BS Hide and shoot manuver
Malied:I'm not arguing agaist the plan, you are just 1 turn aahead
Chris T.:"No Ted, just stay safe and keep 'em off the walls for now."
Ted:
13
 
 
9
STEALTH (7)
Chris T.:"While we draw them to us!"
Simon N. (GM):fail
Ted:shooting at the closest
10
80/320
Light Crossbow (+5)
6Piercing
Simon N. (GM):miss
Ted:pull back
Geoff:Strohm, Q and Norrin can form a defensive line just inside the inner door. Kill enough orcs to make a barricade and slow the rest, then retreat to below.
Simon N. (GM):#Qiviel
Ted:end turn thx
Qiviel:Just inside this door?
Chris T.:exactly, Geoff! 3 attacks against one but we don't want toslow them down. We need to kill them
Simon N. (GM):(5 min break before I do the orcs - BRB)
Geoff:Yes
Chris T.:wrong door!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):no qiviel here
Chris T.:Interior door
a line of threen north to south gives us 3 on 1
+ the murder holes
Qiviel:Someone move to where you want Q and I'll put her there :D
There's too many doors ! :)
Chris T.:right where you are
Geoff:On his turn, Norrin will go here.
Malied:north, south and west of where you are standing means that they get flanked from all three sides
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Qiviel stand on the green x that way i can atacck too
Chris T.:Perfect! Now we're cooking with gas
We have a defence :D
Qiviel:OK then Q will remain with readied attack
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):thank you
Chris T.:We need Dwarves behind each of those characters to give them advantage on athletics rolls if the Orcs try to break the line
We need a dwarf behind each of those three characters to give advantage on push rolls from the attackers.
Malied:I'll be dropping a flaming sphere behind them so that they have no retreat either
Simon N. (GM):Those who speak Orc can hear the chief yelling to his men: "WE ARE NOW THE OFFENSIVE! NOT ONE STEP BACK! NOT ONE STEP BACK!"
Chris T.:We want them inside James
don'timpeded them gettingb in
Malied:i know, I'll be dropping the ball at the front door and rolling it in behind them :P
then back out again, rinse repeat
Geoff:Norrin shouts back, "YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER, AND YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF ELDERBERRIES!"
Chris T.:No! Just in, in,imn until the time is right
C'mon guys we have a plan
Malied:i'm not disagreeing...
Simon N. (GM):Orc runs for the gate... readied xbow
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:22 | 14
Damage: 7 + 1 Piercing
Malied:my rdyed firebolt :P
xD
Simon N. (GM):no need :)
Malied:nvm
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 13 | 5
Strength
Orc
Ability: 4 | 16
Strength
Orc
Ability: 7 | 7
Strength
Orc
Ability: 8 | 22
Strength
Orc
Ability: 10 | 21
Strength
Orc
Ability: 17 | 11
Ted:Ted laughs having just got Norrin's Orc Holy Grail joke
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 11 | 9
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 7 | 8
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 8 | 12
Strength
Orc
Ability: 17 | 4
Malied:not having much luck getting over the walls are they?
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 10 | 22
nope
Strength
Orc
Ability: 6 | 4
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):wish they hurt themselves in the process but that would be a blessing
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 22 | 6
Strength
Orc
Ability: 5 | 10
Chris T.:It'smassed javelin and bow at those on the roof we need to worry about. Even at disadvantagetheir numbers will tell.
Ted:(is anyone else perversely curious to see how a battering ram works in 5e?)
Simon N. (GM):readied shot
Malied:@Ted, i kinda am
Chris T.:(I am,Ted :D )
Simon N. (GM):
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:4 | 13
Damage: 1 Piercing
clipped him
Malied:
15
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
10Fire
max damge on a firebolt for one
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Nicw
Ted:Vavoom
Chris T.:Q we need 5' further forward to keepour 3/1 advantage
Simon N. (GM):Smoking orc corpse rolls out of its hiding place
Chris T.:forward!
East
Yay! :D
With norrin to her north we have 3/1 in that space.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Chris i dont think i can attack in corner like that
small doorway
Simon N. (GM):bunch of orcs toss javelins at a dwarf xbower
ac 20
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:20 | 13
Damage: 5 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:23 | 9
Damage: 4 piercing
Ted:heads down
Simon N. (GM):
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:17 | 11
Damage: 9 piercing
Chris T.:Where did the witch go?
Simon N. (GM):
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:17 | 7
Damage: 7 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:15 | 12
Damage: 5 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:9 | 21
Damage: 4 piercing
Malied:judt north of the gate
Chris T.:Thanks
Simon N. (GM):9 dmg
Multiattack
Orc, Black Sun
The orc makes two attacks with its maul or with its sling.
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:21 | 14
Damage: 4 bludgeoning
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:19 | 21
Damage: 6 bludgeoning
pebble dinks him for 4
2 more black sun get their slings out...
Simon N. (GM):
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:21 | 11
Damage: 6 bludgeoning
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:8 | 14
Damage: 5 bludgeoning
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:24 | 8
Damage: 4 + 2 bludgeoning
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:17 | 15
Damage: 6 bludgeoning
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):one dwarf down
Simon N. (GM):The dwarf topples from the battlements!
Ted:They got Rocky :(
Chris T.:(I said,there's too many to go toe to toe with missiles.)
Simon N. (GM):The orcs cheer at finally drawing blood.
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ooc after atacking my advice is go pron so they cant see you
on the roof*
Simon N. (GM):orcs in web
Chris T.:(Seriously guys, Tim and I spent three hours on Wednesday night going over the possible plans, let's stick together andwin this.)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):prone*
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 12 | 4
Strength
Orc
Ability: 14 | 10
still caught
Ted:(dis adv to ranged attacks also Muiz)
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 12 | 21
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):i mean after attacking
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 6 | 20
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):to avoid the orcs ranged attacks
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 19 | 10
Strength
Orc
Ability: 8 | 20
Ted:Ted's keen ears pick up on the heated discussion between his comrades and flushes with embaressment...so there is a plan. they probably didn't tell me because they think i am a spy and are playing to kill me. GULP
Chris T.:hehe
(Actually,Ted was key to stage A of the plan :) )
Ted:(when we get there let me know :-P)
Chris T.::p
Simon N. (GM):
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:15 | 17
Damage: 8 piercing
Heavy crossbow
Dwarf Scout
Attack:14 | 12
Damage: 9 piercing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):go dwarf scouts avenge your brother
Chris T.:yay!
Simon N. (GM):The scouts fall back from the wall
Next round... #Norrin
Ted:Nice shootin Tex
Geoff:takes up guard position, sword & shield readied.
Simon N. (GM):"Cheers"
Geoff:end.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:Okay guys,like all plans ours has not withstood first contact with the enemy.But it has put us in a strong position. We have the defensive line near the inner door. We have killed the demon, We have claimed some casualties. Now it's time to build on that. The roof is getting too hot.
oops. F explains his plan between gulps of the silver ale.
Ted:ITS RAINING STEEL UP HERE
Chris T.:"Get inside! And Flint, bring me a half dozne me or by Moradin I won't be responsible if you're Hall faslls. NOW!"
Done
Simon N. (GM):Fraener roll Intimidate
Chris T.:
rolling 1d20-1
(
10
)
-1
=
9
Grrrr for low Charisma
Flint Rockwood:"Keep your mitre on, Father - we're fine."
Chris T.:heheh :D
Flint Rockwood:#Jyrdani
Ted:keep your mitre on good one flint
Flint Rockwood:Ted you're on the roof so he disnae hear you :p
Chris T.:Is Tim still afk?
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Chris T.:If so I think we need to bring J down.
Simon N. (GM):can't see her?
Erasmus:I'm back - sorry about that!
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Erasmus:Ah ha!
Ted:ooh what were they doing?
Chris T.::p
Simon N. (GM)::D
Malied:head down stair and dash oposite Fraener
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Having seen the rain of javelins, etc., Jyrdani calls to Erasmus "Get inside - there's too many of them!"
Simon N. (GM):there?
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:She then slides down the ladder but waits at the bottom.
Malied:down the ladder
so west of Norrin i think is as far as I can go?
Simon N. (GM):ok
Malied:cool, end turn
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:(Anyone else think it's getting confusing who's up top and who's not? XD)
Simon N. (GM):wings mean up top
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):sorry yeah still sticking to ready action to attack
Simon N. (GM):#dwarf shoots at mob outside
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:12 | 7
Damage: 1 Piercing
miss - 2 readied javelins are flung at him (AC 21 & disad for arrow slit)
Javelin (Melee)
Orc
Attack:14 | 10
Damage: 6 piercing
Javelin (Melee)
Orc
Attack:25 | 20
Damage: 5 + 6 piercing
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):Dwarf has no dex D:
Simon N. (GM):his stout helm saves him!
chainmail AC 16
#Erasmus
Erasmus:Taking guidance from Jyrdani, Erasmus does as he's told. "Abandon the roof, get the injured inside and we'll make our stand there."
Simon N. (GM):Dwarf scout nods: "Very well sir"
#Ted
Ted:i think he's level below.
dwarf is level below
BA hide
9
STEALTH (7)
doh
shoot the wounded tracker
Ted:
25
80/320
Light Crossbow (+5)
7 + 7Piercing
Simon N. (GM):4 readied shots on Ted
AC 15>20
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:20 | 11
Damage: 4 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:6 | 21
Damage: 3 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:19 | 22
Damage: 9 piercing
Longbow
Orc Tracker
Attack:9 | 20
Damage: 6 piercing
Simon N. (GM):4 dmg from the same one you crit :)
Ted:its just a flesh wound
then back track down the ladder
slide down if pss
poss
Simon N. (GM):Acrobatics DC 12
Ted:
16
ACROBATICS (3)
Simon N. (GM):or take d6
nicely done
5'
move then not 20'
Ted:any move left?
Simon N. (GM):15' to stand, 10' to ladder. 5' slide down
still got your BA
Ted:he wasnt prone
Simon N. (GM):ok 45' left then
40'
you moved forward 5' right?
Ted:10' to battlement 10' to ladder
Simon N. (GM):ok cool
Ted:BA hide
so cant dash
Simon N. (GM):oh right
thx
Qiviel:Q holds her ground with a readied attack for niw
Simon N. (GM):#7 Qiviel
#6 Orcs
Ted:(hope thats ok)
Simon N. (GM):Chief is yelling orders
Ted:Get me a beer RAAAARG
Simon N. (GM):you can roll Insight DC 10 if you speak Orc
Geoff:
12
 
 
21
INSIGHT (5)
Norrin speaks orc
Simon N. (GM):He's gettng them to clear space for the battering ram & Ready to charge in when gate falls
Geoff:Norrin passes this information on to the others.
Malied:they passed through the web
Chris T.:(OOC @ Simon,F drank his beer last round, did it have an effect?)
Qiviel:
23
 
 
17
INSIGHT (3)
Simon N. (GM):they didn't really, they took a dash action to gpp along the side of the web as their action
Qiviel:Q speaks orc
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d6
(
2
)
=
2
yes you get +7 Temp hp Fraener
OK the orcs north of the web all have Readied action to charge in when gate falls
orcs in web
Strength
Orc
Ability: 10 | 21
Strength
Orc
Ability: 23 | 12
Chris T.:ThanksSimon
Simon N. (GM):Most of the south orc group are pelting the arrow slit w javelins & stones
8 javelins, AC 21
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:19 | 21
Damage: 5 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:8 | 6
Damage: 8 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:24 | 8
Damage: 5 piercing
Chris T.:46/39HP
Simon N. (GM):
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:12 | 14
Damage: 4 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:12 | 9
Damage: 7 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:14 | 6
Damage: 9 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:11 | 12
Damage: 4 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:24 | 15
Damage: 9 piercing
Javelin (Ranged)
Orc
Attack:14 | 25
Damage: 5 + 5 piercing
Simon N. (GM):no hits
disad is a bitch :)
Chris T.:"Get down from that roofd!"
Simon N. (GM):
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:24 | 7
Damage: 5 + 1 bludgeoning
Sling
Orc, Black Sun
Attack:19 | 22
Damage: 4 bludgeoning
(these are at the dwarf in the south arrow slit)
Strength
Orc
Ability: 21 | 11
readied shot
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:19 | 17
Damage: 1 Piercing
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 22 | 6
Dwarf: "More orcs in the yard!"
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 6 | 5
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 20 | 17
Chris T.:"Good! Let them come!"
Simon N. (GM):The dwarf scouts fall back to the lower level
#Norrin!
Chris T.:"Norrin swapplaces with lady Q, youi're strongerif they try to barge past."
(Athletics prof)
Simon N. (GM):(will go to 9pm if that's ok?)
Chris T.:(coolwith me, Simon)
Ted:ok
Malied:works for me
Qiviel:sure
Chris T.:"And I want a dwarf behind him to help!"
Simon N. (GM):GM: Norrin & Qiviel can swap places
if you want
Geoff:Game just crashed on me. Had to reload "alright, we'll swap." OOC OK with playing late. It's only 2:00 here.
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):im good really want to end this this week and go back DAshe manor
Chris T.:F contents himself with barking out orders. (Sorry if I'm not making myself very popular tonight, guys)
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):eNCOUNTER*
Simon N. (GM):doubt that will happen Strohm. Don't you like dwarves & orcs? :D
Erasmus:(Fraener is de facto Master of Defence, so you're good!
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):not really XD
Ted:all good with me
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Chris T.:"Get that ladder down! Get under it and ready your weapons if any Orcs drop in. Use the cover of the arrow lits, don't show yourself unless you're firing." OOC Simon, how high off the ground are the slits please?
Done
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Now the roof is clear, Jyrdani grabs the ladder and throws it into the next room
Simon N. (GM):The slits are about 10' up & effectively impassable from outside
You can't see enemies right under them or adjacent to wall
Chris T.:Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear, we can deny them targets then :) )
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:I presume the scouts closed any hatch on their way down?
Simon N. (GM):if you told them to :)
Unless the orcs can fly or have 18
foot ladders or grapples they're not getting up there, DC 25 Athletics
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:End
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:move to the slitand attack the blacksun orc
Simon N. (GM):ok
Malied:
14
120'
Fire Bolt (+6)
7Fire
Simon N. (GM):hit
Chris T.:yay
Malied:end turn#
damage wasn't too bad for once
Simon N. (GM):#Strohm
Strohm of Leth (Muiz):ready attack and end turn
Simon N. (GM):
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:10 | 16
Damage: 4 Piercing
hit BS orc
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:4 | 12
Damage: 7 Piercing
miss
they step back from slits to avoid the reprisals
#Erasmus
Chris T.:"Good men!"
"Vili, get the wounded below and fresh men up here!"
Simon N. (GM):Vili nods
Chris T.:brb, empty glass ;)
Simon N. (GM):"Anyone wounded?"
Malied:one dead :P
Simon N. (GM):He heads for the stairs
Erasmus:To scout "Go and get some healing. I'll cover this arrowslit."
Simon N. (GM):#Erasmus you can swap w the scout
Erasmus:Having watched Fraener drink his brew with no ill effect, I'll try the same thing.
Simon N. (GM):
rolling d6
(
3
)
=
3
+7 temp hp :)
Chris T.:back
Flint Rockwood:"They're waiting... getting ready"
#Ted
Ted:BA Das
dash
45'
shoot BS orc
13
80/320
Light Crossbow (+5)
11Piercing
pull back 15' end tund thx
Flint Rockwood:you have advtg from arrow slit
Ted:
rolling d20+5
(
7
)
+5
=
12
Simon N. (GM):still miss :(
#Qiviel
then #6 Orcy time
Qiviel:Same as before - she waits, with readied sword
Malied:OOC the big question we all want to know the answer to: will the last orc escape the web?
Simon N. (GM):Right before the orc battering ram can charge the gate, it's flung open by a black sun champion: "Mind the pit!"
Malied:ooc min the gap, mind the gap
Chris T.:heheheh
Simon N. (GM):The orcs head in avoiding the pit
Chris T.:"Comeon my lovelies... we'reready for you. Watch the witch."
"Dwarf, brace Sir Norrin."
Geoff:"Here they come! Enemies at the gate!"
Chris T.:"Get someone to the southern murder hole!"
Ted:have you got one of those inflammable webs left Mal? Ted's expression is pure evil
Simon N. (GM):
Strength
Orc
Ability: 16 | 15
he did!
Strength
Orc, Black Sun
Ability: 23 | 7
Chris T.:"Don't hold the buggers up! We want them in here!"
"Use your spells to cause damage!"
Malied:Use your spells to cause damage!" no shit sherlock
Simon N. (GM):
Light Crossbow
Dwarf
Attack:13 | 21
Damage: 5 Piercing
Ted:(webs are flammable 2d4 damage)
Simon N. (GM):#Norrin
Malied:(which is crap damage given that you lose a potential restrait, but true)
Chris T.:(It's a 2nd level slot, he can killmas many with Burtning hands and ourr fighters kill them at the same time.)
Geoff:Norrin continues waiting, and offers a prayer to Tempus. ""Great Lord of Battle, hear my plea, strengthen my companions in the battle to come."
Chris T.:(We don't want them restrained, we want them dead)
Simon N. (GM):#Fraener
Chris T.:(Trust the plan guys!)
Ted:(just suggestion, no drama i love the smell of virtual orc in the morning)
Malied:...sigh, we we're just discussing the web spell, as part of this situation
Ted:(what plan?)
(:P
Chris T.:Fraener again orders a dwarf to brace Norrin (adv on athletics) then hold his action to bring down Moradin's radiance non any who get through the door. Done.
(The plan that is slowly coming btogether if you'll all just listen :p )
Simon N. (GM):#Jyrdani
Jyrdani of Jiyyd:Jyrdani moves to provide assistance holding the door.
Chris T.:"BRACE BLOODY NORRIN!"
Simon N. (GM):(seems to be going well so fat from GM POV, you did well killing the demon so fast, really mucked up the orc plans) :)
OK fist sign shows J is Helping Norrin resist being pushed back
Chris T.:(We now have them on the narroew frontage I've been harping on about for weeks. The advantage is with us.)
(Watch the witch.)
Simon N. (GM):#Malied
Malied:burning hands
Ted:Yeeah
Chris T.:Yay!
That's the way!
Malied:
23
Self (15-foot cone)
Burning Hands (+6)
DC14
Half damage
Dexterity Save
All Creatures within a 15 foot cone
14Fire
Ted:Alright!
Simon N. (GM):ok you are 10' up so can get the 2nd & 3rd ranks not the ones directly below
Malied:k
Simon N. (GM):DC 14 or 15?
Malied:15
Simon N. (GM):edit your sheet then
Malied:ah yea, got it now
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 2 | 4
Malied:weird
Simon N. (GM):
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 21 | 18
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 19 | 14
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 13 | 3
Dexterity
Orc
Ability: 10 | 10
5 charred orcs scream in pain
Chris T.:Yay!
Brilliant!
Malied:which one is left?
Simon N. (GM):lots of 1 hp orcs now
Malied:ffs
Geoff:Good! :)
Malied:flaming sphere
Chris T.:(We need them in here!)
Simon N. (GM):er?
You get ONE action?
Malied:ram the nearest
Chris T.:another BH will kill more?)